Will Nintendo Switch destroy the 3DS & future Nintendo handhelds?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Switch General Discussion' started by Drew, Oct 20, 2016.

1. Welcome to SwitchForum.com - The #1 place to talk about Nintendo Switch. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.
  1. What do you think the Switch's impacts are on the Nintendo 3DS, as well as future Nintendo handheld devices?

2. That is something I am curious to see what happens. I enjoy the durability and compact size of the 3DS. Sure it's nice the Switch is portable, but what is protecting that screen and controllers from easily getting wrecked while traveling? I think I would have to see some really nicely designed covers before I would travel with it often.

3. It all depends on how well it does really. But I think even if it wasn't as successful as hoped the future of Nintendo's handheld devices looks bleak. Devices like the 3DS are just not going to be popular in the future especially considering how powerful our mobile phones are now. Why should someone carry an additional item when they can play almost any game on their phone? Add to that the fact that popular games like GTA are on phones and not on the Nintendo 3DS