• Welcome to SwitchForum.com - The #1 place to talk about Nintendo Switch. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Best Library?

Best Available Library?

• Sega Genesis

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Master System

• Neo Geo

• Commodore 64

• VC Arcade

• Total voters

FyreeTSG

Thread starter #1
BEST LIBRARY ON VIRTUAL CONSOLE?​

What System has the BEST Available Library on VC?

NES
SNES
N64
Sega Genesis/Mega Drive
Sega Master System
Turbo Grafx-16
Neo Geo
VC Arcade
Commodore 64

I'll still have to say NES and SNES--just due to the number of titles for each system--but if we're talking Quality-Over-Quantity---it's a tough choice.

I'd say SNES has a better grouping of GREAT games....

Samus2008

Verified Member
As far as my favorite library of games, I would go with SNES, but best overall I would still say SNES :)

Pocketim

Verified Member
I'll give my views on what I think of each system's game library.

NES: Pretty good, actually. A nice blend of classics and forgotten gems. Only thing that bugs me is that the Mega Man series on NES is still incomplete.

SNES: Not bad. No Yoshi's Island and Starfox is certainly disappointing, but other than that a lot of quality good games.

Genesis: Good selection, but thanks to the mass amount of compilations for the Genesis SEGA has released, the only ones that I felt were worth getting were Dynamite Headdy and Toejam & Earl.

Neo Geo: See above, especially considering how many of the Neo Geo compilations are on the Wii.

Sega Master System: What the heck happened here? The Sega Master System is such a great system with a fantastic game library, and it just got forgotten! Come on SEGA, we know the Master System didn't gain as much fame as the Genesis, but this is a great chance to release some of your classics like Quartet and Astro Warrior!

C64: The C64 is certainly an odd one. The games are over-priced, and don't really feel at home on the Wii. I don't have anything against the system, mind you.

N64: Without third-party support, a lot of what made the N64 so great to begin with is lost. You're better off just getting an original N64.

Turbografx-16: Surprisingly good! Full of high quality shmups and fun party games, I'm honestly glad that I was introduced to this system through VC.

VC Arcade: WAY too many games that have already been released on VC through other systems (e.g. Golden Axe). Expensive too, even just for 8-bit titles.

I'd have to make it a tie between NES and Turbografx-16 for the best library. I know I'll get a bunch of weird looks for praising the Turbografx so much, but hey, I'm allowed to have my own opinion, right?

Friik

Verified Member
SNES, as I grew up with that system, and glad to see most of the games on there were the ones I played countless hours back then.
(MegaMan X, Super Metroid, Super Mario World, DKC Series)

FyreeTSG

Thread starter #7
I hope people don't mind, but as the Wii looks to be winding down--I feel like reflecting a bit on the Wii's VC....

Lets' re-rate the libraries, well the ones I like:

NES: 6/10--Less games than Sega Genesis(why?), and Princess Tomato ruined it
SNES: 7/10--Still no SMW2, Mario is Missing, Mario Paint, and TMNT IV: Turtles In Time
N64: 5/10--21 games, and besides MK64, Paper Mario, Cruis'n USA there's not much I know/like---OH, and a SERIOUS lack of N64's GREAT 3rd Party lineup
Genesis: 5/10--aside from Sonic, nothing else piques my interests
Master System: 5/10--SEE ABOVE

and the rest: Well, they just shouldn't be on VC to be honest

Like Switch Forum!

Advertisements