• Welcome to SwitchForum.com - The #1 place to talk about Nintendo Switch. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Best Mario Power-Up?

FyreeTSG

Banned
What is the BEST Mario Super-Suit/Power-Up in an old-school Mario game?
(NES-through-GC)

Fire!!--always a standard
Starman
Super Mushroom(wouldn't be awesome if eating a mushroom doubled your size?)
SMB3's: Raccoon, Hammer, and Frog--plus Tanooki(duh!)
Caped Mario, and I'll include YOSHI, cause he made SMW the game it is

and to a small extent, I'll add METAL Mario from SM64...
and even Fludd was cool in SMS

and BUNNY Mario from Super Mario Land 2

Azriel Delacroix

Verified Member
I love Invisible-Metal Mario, which is only done in one level of Super Mario 64 in the Submarine Bay.

Double the Invincibility, plus walking through walls. Aaaaw Yeah!

Though for classic, I have to go with the Starman, NOTHING survives when you get the Star, you become the Mario equivalent of the Juggernaut.

JamestheFreak

Mario looks fabulous when using the star power in Galaxy

Turbo Fludd in Sunshine is awesome to use, you go fast and can run on water.

JackitK

FyreeTSG said:
I'm probably one of the few here who is a BUNNY Mario fan...

I've seen it before but I've never played Mario Land as a series, so I don't recall what Bunny Mario actually does. From what I remember seeing I can only think of things it has in common with the Tanooki suite.

Friik

Verified Member
There's 2 Power-Ups that are CooL, first is the Turtle Shell in SM64.
Let's you surf around every hazard in the way. (Quicksand, Lava, Super Cold Ice)

Then they got The Winged Cap too, plus the theme that goes along with them is awesome.

:G

JackitK

I'm sure the Starman/Power Star has been mention already. However, I think it is most awesome in Super Mario RPG. In that game it'll instant KO any enemy you run into AND you get to collect the experience and level up off of it. Best item in any RPG ever. I don't even need to play the game to know this is true. Can you image what other RPGs would be like if you had that sort of item? Even if it was time based like it is in Super Mario RPG?

SoulNinja

Verified Member
FyreeTSG said:
I barely remember that game...:D

I'm gonna have to get that game again
It's amazing I have it on Wiis VC download. Plus it's got some good fights on it.

JackitK

naruto32 said:
The 7 stars from the 1st Paper Mario, but other then that I love all of them.
Calling them power-ups seems like a stretch to me, but I suppose it slightly counts.

JamestheFreak

The red star from SMG is cool, too bad it had no real use besides flying around the observatory. They should of at least had put it in one level.

JackitK

JamestheFreak said:
The red star from SMG is cool, too bad it had no real use besides flying around the observatory. They should of at least had put it in one level.
It is used to collect the coins before you earned it, but yeah. There was so much more room for potential with that thing.

Like Switch Forum!

Advertisements