• Welcome to SwitchForum.com - The #1 place to talk about Nintendo Switch. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Best/worst controller?

JamestheFreak

Whats the best controller you ever used? Was is the best for its system? Are their any controllers that you just hate?

I think the Gamecube controller is the best. It has a perfect fit for me and the button arrangement is very good. For the worst controller I've used, even though I love it very much the N64's controller is horrible. Even though I'm used to it I can see how its bad compared to others.

Friik

Verified Member
The SNES had the best button layout.
My hands got adjusted to playing that controller, I wish I could show how I hold that contoller when playing. hahahahahaha.

I even hold the GC controller the same way.
It's odd.

(Y)

FyreeTSG

Banned
SNES!!
it gave us the L and R Buttons
the 4-button pad
and every controller since has just copied it for the most part

Worse--N64, the crappiest D-stick

FyreeTSG

Banned
anyone ever have their GC controller's C-stick come out of the controller?

yeah--I got a 3rd party GC controller back in 2004, and after a few months the C-stick could pop in and out

JamestheFreak

No but I have a 3rd party controller where the A and B buttons are stuck but still work. I think some spring broke or something.

Earl!

I have over five N64 Controllers.

The best controller I'd say is the WiiMote/Nunchuck and PS2/3 controller.

Pocketim

Verified Member
Worst: N64 (There's really no contest)

Best D-pad controller: Megadrive and Saturn (very similar design for both systems)

Best analogue controller: Gamecube

Curiously, I haven't used a controller yet that has both a good analogue stick and a good D-pad. Classic Controller came close, but was let down by it's shape, in my honest opinion.

The Vita's button layout is really nice, and has 2 good analogue sticks and a good D-pad. If it was actually a CONTROLLER, I'd probably say that!

FyreeTSG

Banned
one of the weirder controllers HAD to be the Virtual Boy one...

and the later release of the NES, the hard-to-find Top-Loading NES, had that SNES-style one, that I found out was dubbed the "Dog Bone"....

BTW--I'll be getting a top-loading NES in a few days :D

Azriel Delacroix

Verified Member
Best Controller: The PlayStation Controller. It's perfect, and it doesn't need changing at all. It fits so comfortably in my hands, and all the trigger buttons, analogue sticks, and face buttons are easy to hit. Never have I had an experience where I lost a game due to poor controller paneling.

The PlayStation Controller has perfected user interface, where as Nintendo may have pioneered it, Sony perfected it in my opinion.

Worst Controller: The Nintendo64 Tri-Wing and the Wii's Nunchuck and Wiimote controllers come to mind. I could never figure out how to hold the N64's controller, and the Wiimote is as about responsive as a person injected with morphine. Even with the WiiMotion Plus, it just doesn't want to work half the time. Drives me crazy.

FyreeTSG

Banned
as much as the motion control-aspect of the Wiimote suck---it DOES work pretty well in a lot of games...

I'm gonna go "slightly" off, a bit, and say that the COOLEST Controller ever HAS to be the POWER GLOVE for the NES...
I still want one, even if it only works for a few games, and was REALLY broken--just to say I own a Power Glove

Earl!

Actually, the bestest controller of all is gonna be the WiiU Controller. You can do virtually anything with it. (Search YouTube: WiiU)

FyreeTSG

Banned
I still have problems holding the N64 controller--and it hurts after a while....

I'm just glad my N64 controllers D-Sticks still all work

FyreeTSG

Banned
Oh, I am too--but the fact that the D-stick is SO faulty and fragile--it's just crappy...

its amazing how much BIGGER of an improvement GC's D-sticks are---

Like Switch Forum!

Advertisements