• Welcome to SwitchForum.com - The #1 place to talk about Nintendo Switch. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Bought a used Wii

queenzelda

Verified Member
Yep; I bought a used Wii last month & it's been nice to have one again. Yea I understand that the Wii U is backwards compatible but it's actually nice to be able to play a Wii game on the tv & not have to choose between the Wii U gamepad or tv. :p

I'm sure a few people who have yet to experience the Wii will be getting once since they're cheaper to get a used one then getting either an Xblox 360 or a PS3; as the the Wii is $80 used, Xblox 360 & PS3 are both going for $150 used alternatively.

Yami Yugi

Verified Member
Nice. I still have my Wii that I bought a year after it's launch & it's doing fine. So many games for the Wii: so little time to play them all. XD

Erik

Verified Member
That is really quite a bargain, many probably find it hard to justify the cost of a Wii U when there is the original Wii available for just 80 bucks!

queenzelda

Verified Member
Well I actually do have a Wii U & moved all of my Wii games (on the old launch Wii I had) over to the Wii U which btw was a godsend. But I wanted a Wii system that I could pop the homebrew channel on & now I've got a nicely brewed Wii I can play iso gba/snes titles on along with some lovely Wii titles with gecko infused codes. >:3

Erik

Verified Member
queenzelda said:
Well I actually do have a Wii U & moved all of my Wii games (on the old launch Wii I had) over to the Wii U which btw was a godsend. But I wanted a Wii system that I could pop the homebrew channel on & now I've got a nicely brewed Wii I can play iso gba/snes titles on along with some lovely Wii titles with gecko infused codes. >:3

Nice, what controller do you use for you GBA and SNES games? I remember I used to run ROMs off of my PSP back in the day.

queenzelda

Verified Member
I tend to use the Wiimote as my controller usually. I'll get out my Gamecube controller if I'm feeling nostalgic though. xp

Erik

Verified Member
You must be one of the only people I know who use the Wiimote to play classic games. Don't you find the controls cumbersome?

AlexKid

Verified Member
Hey, that's a great price you got your Wii for. Honestly, I think everyone that considers themselves a gamer should own a Wii, really can't understand all the negative statements I encountered across the internet during the previous generation. It's a great little system with tons of excellent games, just because it was a little under-powered, the Microsoft and Sony faithful would bash it endlessly. I still play more games on my Wii, while I use my PS3 predominantly as a blu-ray player to watch movies.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
S A boy bought Smash Bros. ultimate after months of working a below minimum wage job at a farm and doing hard labor Nintendo Switch News 1
Wilbo Who's bought Mario Kart 8 already?! Nintendo Wii U Discussion 17
Roseary Worst bought DS game? Other Nintendo Consoles & Handhelds 1
Pocketim Ever bought a game for a system you don't own? Video Games 4
Pocketim What was the last retro game you bought? Video Games 75
Erik NES being used as an HTPC Video Games 0
F You CAN Sell Used ONE Games Microsoft Xbox 3
F XBOX One: Used Game Policy Yet to be Finalized Microsoft Xbox 2
F The Used Game Issue Member Content 1
F Not ALL 360 Owners USED Backwards Compatibility Microsoft Xbox 4
F XBOX "ONE" WILL Play USED Games--For a Price Microsoft Xbox 15
F Sony's Yoshida HINTS at Used Games Future Sony PlayStation 2
F Used Games Playable on PS4 Sony PlayStation 2
F Anti-Used Game Policies in EFFECT Gaming News 9
F An ANTI-USED Game Patent WAS Filed Sony PlayStation 3
F New or Used DS/DSi Games? Other Nintendo Consoles & Handhelds 7
F New or Used Wii Games? Other Nintendo Consoles & Handhelds 22
F for wii u Nintendo Wii U Discussion 0
F wii u Nintendo Wii U Discussion 0
Erik Wii Points addition to be disabled Gaming News 0
Erik Stranger Things DLC for Minecraft on Nintendo Switch and Wii U Gaming News 0
Erik Wii Shop closure announcement Gaming News 0
Erik Wii Shop closure announcement Gaming News 0
SwitchForum Nintendo Wii U Friend Codes Nintendo Wii U Discussion 0
D Favorite aspect of the Nintendo Wii U & why? Nintendo Wii U Discussion 0
Erik Experience the ink-blasting, squid-transforming Wii U game everyone is talking about for free! Gaming News 0
Erik Host your own Olympic Games with Mario & Sonic on Wii U Gaming News 0
Erik New Pokémon games on the Wii U Virtual Console service beginning 6/23 Gaming News 0
Erik Nintendo Treehouse: Live at E3 highlights upcoming Wii U and Nintendo 3DS releases Gaming News 0
Erik Great new indie games headed to Nintendo eShop on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS Gaming News 0
Erik Nintendo Unveils New Information About Mario Kart 8 and Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Gaming News 0
Erik Norwegian Cruise Line and Nintendo Expand Partnership to Bring Wii U Gaming Fun to Ships Gaming News 0
Erik Wii Sports Club - Tennis and Bowling Now Available for Download Gaming News 0
Erik Wii mini Offers Big Value This Holiday Season Gaming News 0
Erik Nintendo Offers Great Wii U Deals to Kick Off Holiday Shopping Season Gaming News 0
Erik Fitness That Fits Your Life: Free Wii Fit U Trial Starts Nov. 1 Gaming News 0
Erik Wii U and Skylanders Pack Big Value into Holiday Bundle Gaming News 0
Erik The Wii U GamePad is the Life of the Party in Wii Party U Gaming News 0
Erik Mario and Luigi Jump Into the New Wii U Deluxe Set Gaming News 0
Erik Nintendo Gives Consumers A Chance To Get Fit For Free With Wii Fit U Gaming News 0
Erik Three Top Wii Games Get New Lower Price Gaming News 0
Erik Nintendo Offers Unrivaled Value and Variety This Holiday Season with Lower Wii U Price,... Gaming News 0
Erik FIRST POKÉMON GAME EXCLUSIVELY FOR WII U, POKÉMON RUMBLE U, LAUNCHING AUGUST 29 VIA... Gaming News 0
Erik CELEBRATE THE GREATNESS THAT IS WARIO WITH ONE OF NINTENDO'S BEST WII U GAMES EVER Gaming News 0
Erik Nintendo Partners with SEGA and Announces Wii U Games Shown at E3 2013 Gaming News 0
Erik Major Wii U update adds new services and features, faster performance Gaming News 0
Erik Wii Network Service Partial Discontinuation Gaming News 0
Erik New Lego City Adventure for Wii U Sends Players Undercover Gaming News 0
Erik Two Zelda Games, Mario, Mario Kart and Other Fan-Favorite Franchises Planned for Wii U Gaming News 0
Erik Wii U and Nintendo 3DS Kick Off 2013 With New One-Of-A-Kind Experiences Gaming News 0