• Welcome to SwitchForum.com - The #1 place to talk about Nintendo Switch. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Chat thread

Erik

Active Member
Verified Member
I don't really understand the concept of people making new years resolutions as if you should wait for a specific day of the year to take initiative in your life. With that being said I would definitely like to cut down on the amount of gaming I do (strange resolution considering the theme of this site, I know) partly so that I can really do well in my last semester of university but also so I can spend some of that time focusing on my other hobbies/interests.
 

queenzelda

Active Member
Verified Member
That's probably because it's something that a lot of people who are older did back in the day & just initiated their kids into doing the same thing. It's hard to think about changing one's self for a lot of people. Some times it's just easier to change yourself when you think it means something before the new year.

I agree to some extent; but some people are just to busy or not self aware to realize the truth of what you just posted Erik. XD

Anywho; I woke up to a cold house & got myself sick as a dog. -_- I am not a happy camper. The house is now warming up (thank goodness) but it still sucked arse still the same. xp
 

Grooms

New Member
Why are you refusing to use the chatbox, QZ?

I used to make resolutions in high school, but I never kept them, so I don't bother anymore. And I agree that it's silly to want to change specifically on the first day of the year when you can easily do it any other day of the year. But yes, having something "new" is usually what encourages change.
 

Erik

Active Member
Verified Member
queenzelda said:
That's probably because it's something that a lot of people who are older did back in the day & just initiated their kids into doing the same thing. It's hard to think about changing one's self for a lot of people. Some times it's just easier to change yourself when you think it means something before the new year.
I find it to be quite the opposite most of the time. People will make resolution but not be able to keep them. You always hear people saying that they really need to stop doing things but a lot of times they have been carrying on that very habit for years.





queenzelda said:
I agree to some extent; but some people are just to busy or not self aware to realize the truth of what you just posted Erik. XD
Lol, you make it sound so profound.

queenzelda said:
Anywho; I woke up to a cold house & got myself sick as a dog. -_- I am not a happy camper. The house is now warming up (thank goodness) but it still sucked arse still the same. xp
Hope you're feeling warmer soon. :sick:
 

WAFFLEKID

New Member
Verified Member
queenzelda said:
Anywho; I woke up to a cold house & got myself sick as a dog. -_- I am not a happy camper. The house is now warming up (thank goodness) but it still sucked arse still the same. xp
Should we set your house on fire? Or is that arson... Nah.

People make New Year's Resolutions because well it makes more since. If you make a resolution in the middle of July, you're more than likely not going to fulfill it. Something about a new year makes you mentally ready to take on that challenge in your life.
Completing resolutions isn't about gaining bragging rights and saying, "Oh I'm done, now I can go back to sitting in my room and-" uh... "-play Animal Crossing all day" I don't freaking know, but the point is It's a new Year meaning a "new" You. I mean of course none of us can be perfec-

"I CAN!"
"Sit back down!"

As I was saying no one is perfect. We're always going to have that one tick that everyone hates, but you are TOO IGNORANT TO UNDERSTAND AND LISTEN TO WHAT YOUR FRIEND SA-... Sorry just had a thing there.

Bottom Line: It makes you feel all goodz inside
 

queenzelda

Active Member
Verified Member
WAFFLEKID said:
queenzelda said:
Anywho; I woke up to a cold house & got myself sick as a dog. -_- I am not a happy camper. The house is now warming up (thank goodness) but it still sucked arse still the same. xp
Should we set your house on fire? Or is that arson... Nah.
That is called arson & it's not "we" if your the one setting it on fire kemosabi. :p Turns out there was a wide spread black out; since the area I live in got hit with a blizzard. The power is back on now; but waking up to a cold house was a bit weird. xp
 

Erik

Active Member
Verified Member
Grooms said:
Why are you refusing to use the chatbox, QZ?

I used to make resolutions in high school, but I never kept them, so I don't bother anymore. And I agree that it's silly to want to change specifically on the first day of the year when you can easily do it any other day of the year. But yes, having something "new" is usually what encourages change.
...even if that something new is as minor as the last decimal place of the year when you write the data :p

Oh and WAFFLE, I've always meant to ask you what exactly your avatar is supposed to be?
 

Pocketim

Member
Verified Member
WAFFLEKID said:
It's a guy
Holding a sausage
I feel wiser and more knowledgable already!

Currently typing this as I'm on my way home. I've been on holiday for the last few days. The trip home involves taking a ferry and two days of driving. Currently my family and I are just waiting for the ferry, so the long trip back has barely started!
 

queenzelda

Active Member
Verified Member
I always wanted to ride a ferry boat, but the irrational fear of the boat sinking keeps me from trying it.. xp

Grooms said:
Why are you refusing to use the chatbox, QZ?
Because the chatbox is killing the forumz: duh. Also please call me queen or queenzelda. NOT QZ, because I'm not a game nor a game character: thanks.
 

Yami Yugi

Member
Verified Member
For a minute I thought the guy pictured in Waffle's avatar was gonna smoke the sausage... o.o I've seen so much weird crap on the intrawebs: it wouldn't surprise me. XD
 

Grooms

New Member
queenzelda said:
Also please call me queen or queenzelda. NOT QZ, because I'm not a game nor a game character: thanks.
Sorry Queen, didn't mean to offend.

So is it absolutely freezing for anyone else today? I'm sitting at work in 5 layers of clothing.
 

Like Switch Forum!

Advertisements

Top