• Welcome to SwitchForum.com - The #1 place to talk about Nintendo Switch. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Did you Enjoy the Differences between Black and White?

JackitK

If you've played Pokemon Black or White, did you enjoy how Nintendo attempted to try and make the versions more different from each other than in previous generations? Or was it just annoying to you?

As more me, I'm kind-of neutral on the subject. I just feel that people got the better deal with the White version than I did with Black since White Forest seems more interesting than Black City and I just hate final gym leader in Black... especially compared to that same gym leader in white.

Mason

Verified Member
Are the gym leaders not the same in B&W? I like the differences just because you you get something different between the two games instead of just pokemon being different. That way if you bought both games your not playing the exact same thing twice jhust to fill your pokedex.

Blitz

Mason said:
Are the gym leaders not the same in B&W? I like the differences just because you you get something different between the two games instead of just pokemon being different. That way if you bought both games your not playing the exact same thing twice jhust to fill your pokedex.

The first seven Gyms are the same in both versions, except for the 8th Gym. In Black you face Drayden, and in White you face Iris. (I have the guide book for the games) I thought that the differences between the two games were pretty neat, so to say. The "technology vs nature" theme is really rather intriguing.

Phoenix

I've not played white.
I played white for like an hour, but I don't get it "officially" until my birthday on sunday

Friik

Verified Member
I have both, but honestly they felt exactly the same.

Having different Gym Leaders (The 8th ones) and the White Forest/Black City was nothing really.
It seemed everything was just like other previous games.

i.e. If you buy Black, you get Reshiram, and buying White gives you Zekrom.

It's been like that before, You buy PKMN Gold, you get a stronger Lugia,
buy Silver and you get Ho-oH.

It's always smalls things and nothing else.

Still good though. (Y)