• Welcome to SwitchForum.com - The #1 place to talk about Nintendo Switch. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Did you get your Nintendo Switch on launch day? What did you pick up?

MCube74

Yesterday I bought the Nintendo Switch with 2 games. I am in Hong Kong.

The model which I bought is with the Neon color controller.

I picked up the 2 games I wanted: 1 2 Switch and Zelda. Both are HK / Japanese version. I was worried if they will be able to be played in English but after reading online from some sites in the US, I got confirmation that they can be played in English (voice and text). So I am good to start playing right away.

The other accessories I picked up are:
1) 9H quality screen protector (good quality)
2) Nintendo Switch Controller (good quality)
3) joycon case

There is a case and screen protector bundle for $150 or so. Don't get that one. The quality of the case and screen protector sucks. Get the 9H quality screen protector from Hori and the high quality case from Hori.

I also got a 200gb microsd card (90mb/s) for my Nintendo Switch. I have read that Zelda will take up 13gb storage. You only get 25gb storage out of the box and from that 13gb goes to Zelda. Lol. You need an external storage card for sure.

Here are some pictures

0_zpsutlqzqnn.jpg

1_zpspukqxjgl.jpg

2_zpssvlo7q5u.jpg

5_zpsfu9bnax9.jpg

6_zpsc49zcoex.jpg

7_zps3zcxduv9.jpg

8_zpsnnum21fg.jpg

9_zpsowfuoup0.jpg

10_zpsgliovhbj.jpg

11_zpsknbhch1f.jpg

12_zpszpohesds.jpg

13_zpsnegswz7f.jpg

14_zpsumufwq1z.jpg

15_zpsqlaglirf.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

lordred12345

So I decided very late (day before) to buy a switch. Managed to snag the last one from HMV
IMG_20170303_170659 (1).jpg
I was asked if I wanted to buy Zelda and they said £60 so I was given a bit of a shock (plus I wanted to get rewards from elsewhere). Later the day I bought Zelda and have been playing it in my spare time all the time.
Additionally I bought a glass screen protector and case from Orzly on Amazon as it was the first one on the list and they looked pretty good, especially for under £10 each

jeremy.cush

only got my switch 2 days ago as the stores were always empty , got it as a mario kart bundle with a nintendo case for €399 , expensive but worth it , just wish it had a real full internet browser for watching tv on the go when your fingers are tired , as the screen is big enough for video media.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
M Why did you choose Nintendo? Other Nintendo Consoles & Handhelds 3
Spiral How Did You Find Nintendo Realm? Forum Suggestions and Support 24
Nintendo X How did you find SwitchForum? Introductions 26
averus What did you learn from video games? Off Topic Lounge 5
Thomas Ennis Did you guys make use of the classic dowloads? Other Nintendo Consoles & Handhelds 6
F What GFX Did You Last Make? Graphics Center 8
F When did YOU Start playing Pokemon? Nintendo 3DS Discussion 11
F Why did YOU get an XBOX/360? Microsoft Xbox 4
Pocketim What did you get this Christmas? Off Topic Lounge 3
F When did YOU get your PS3? Sony PlayStation 4
F Where did the Cheese go? Forum Games 28
JackitK Did you Enjoy the Differences between Black and White? Nintendo 3DS Discussion 4
F What Movie did you LAST watch? Off Topic Lounge 63
F Why Did YOU Get SSF IV 3D? Nintendo 3DS Discussion 4
F Did you get 3DS on Launch Day? Nintendo 3DS Discussion 2
F When did YOU get MKWii? Other Nintendo Consoles & Handhelds 4
F When did you get "Poké'd"? Nintendo 3DS Discussion 13
F What game did You JUST play? Off Topic Lounge 463
F When did YOU get ACWW? Friend Exchange 5
F Where did your User Name come from? Off Topic Lounge 13
F When did YOU get MKDS? Friend Exchange 5
F Did YOU Do It?? Forum Games 25
F When did you get your First DS? Other Nintendo Consoles & Handhelds 12
F When did you get a Wii? Other Nintendo Consoles & Handhelds 14
F When did YOU get ACCF? Other Nintendo Consoles & Handhelds 6
L Nintendo switch lite to switch oled transfer issue Nintendo Switch General Discussion 0
F Nintendo Switch Friends Friend Exchange 0
SwitchForum Sega Genesis and Nintendo 64 coming to Nintendo Switch Online as a Expansion Pack tier Nintendo Switch News 0
R Do i need an account if i play physical nintendo switch games? Nintendo Switch General Discussion 1
Nintendo X New Nintendo Direct (9/23/2021) reveals new Nintendo Switch updates Nintendo Switch News 0
B Driving in 2 wheel mode in Cars 3 Nintendo Switch Nintendo Switch General Discussion 1
Nintendo X New OLED model for Nintendo Switch Announced Nintendo Switch News 1
D the nintendo switch, is it a good idea t o buy it right now? Nintendo Switch General Discussion 1
SwitchForum New Nintendo Direct during E32021 reveals new Nintendo Switch updates Nintendo Switch News 0
A Nintendo Switch Lite keeps saying my game have corrupted data. Nintendo Switch General Discussion 0
Nintendo X New Nintendo Direct (2/17/2021) reveals new Nintendo Switch updates Nintendo Switch News 0
T Nintendo Switch Error 2811-7503 Nintendo Switch General Discussion 1
A Ports to forward on nintendo switch Nintendo Switch General Discussion 0
R New Nintendo 3DS XL Solgaleo Lunala Black Edition Pokemon Sun & Moon BUNDLE Nintendo 3DS Discussion 0
UrielLink Nintendo Halts 3DS production Nintendo 3DS Discussion 2
Nintendo X New Nintendo Direct focuses on Super Mario Bros. 35th Anniversary Nintendo Switch News 0
A New Skins Collection for your Nintendo Switch Nintendo Switch General Discussion 0
darkfuture008 Connect Nintendo Switch to laptop Nintendo Switch General Discussion 1
F for nintendo switch Nintendo Switch General Discussion 2
D Nintendo Switch price? Nintendo Switch General Discussion 1
M Nintendo switch docked without a battery Nintendo Switch General Discussion 0
R Nintendo Switch Buy online game Nintendo Switch General Discussion 1
O Help with figuring out Nintendo switch Nintendo Switch General Discussion 0
S Nintendo Switch - suitable games Nintendo Switch General Discussion 0
L Nintendo switch lose my games? (Help) Nintendo Switch General Discussion 0