• Welcome to SwitchForum.com - The #1 place to talk about Nintendo Switch. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Does E3 Matter Anymore?

Erik

Verified Member
What do you guys think? Are massive press conferences like E3 relevant anymore? Or has the internet made things accessible enough that it isn't necessary anymore?

Pikahalf

Verified Member
I think it does, it helps fans to know what kinds of games to expect to release. If anything it's Nintendo who's made the conference less relevant, if more companies did the same thing that Nintendo was doing then E3 wouldn't have to exist for the little people.

queenzelda

Verified Member
I like that it's accessable to every one via the internet. It's be even nicer if the companies told the fans more about the games releasing on their own (as Pikahalf said already lol); but I digress. XD

SirRidge

Verified Member
Nintendo Directs are the one area where Nintendo is ahead of the curve compared to the big two. I doubt we will still have E3 happening at the end of the decade. The spectacle is cool for sure, but it isn't cheap for publishers..