• Welcome to SwitchForum.com - The #1 place to talk about Nintendo Switch. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Does your NES still work?

thepieeatingjay

Verified Member
The NES was the defacto system of the 8 bit era. The problem is, it was also the most defective. Sometimes, we had to do all sorts of silly tricks to get our games to work. And at worse, some of us could buy a game, and not work on our system. Yet you can bring that same game to a friend's NES and it would work fine.

Does your system still work?

JessiFox

Verified Member
Oh man, I wish it did! Annoying, sometimes buggy issues aside it was a lot of fun and good memories for me. Unfortunately mine died a long time ago :(. I'd love to have some of the really retro systems again, though. I know my son would get a kick out of them, too.

JoshSmith100

Verified Member
Yes my NES still works!

Haven't played it in awhile though. If I ever want to play a retro console I will generally start up my Nintendo 64.

AlexKid

Verified Member
Yes my NES still works!

Haven't played it in awhile though. If I ever want to play a retro console I will generally start up my Nintendo 64.
Hey, same here! :smuggrin:

The Nintendo 64 is often the first retro console I tend to dust off to play a bit of Sin & Punishment and Star Fox 64. Many people hate the controllers but I absolutely love them. At least they are well suited for the games I mentioned above.

@JessiFox
Nevertheless, the NES is a great console that should be in any serious gamer's collection. Fortunately there are plenty of folks around that service and mod old school consoles such as the NES and TurboGrafx 16. Worth keeping an eye out if there is anyone in your area to repair your NES.

queenzelda

Verified Member
I have a hybrid SNES/NES console I bought new a few month's back but yea it still works just fine. :p

Like Switch Forum!

Advertisements