• Welcome to SwitchForum.com - The #1 place to talk about Nintendo Switch. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

FFVI's Kefka or FFVII's Sephiroth; who's the better villain? spoiler alert

queenzelda

Verified Member
Weather your a Kefka or Sephiroth fan this argument over which one is the better villain always comes up. Either irl with a conversation with a fellow FF fan or on the internet. So I thought I'd post my thoughts on this & see what fellow FF fans thoughts were.

Here; are mine. First of all I think I'll post about their victories as villains (as best as I can remember them. Please excuse me if I miss anything.) And finally; second I'll post their flaws at the last.

So here's what I've come up with..

Victory's as a villain:

Kefka: Poisoned every one inside of Narshe castle; killing King & his country; minus one man.
Sephiroth: Whipped out every one in Cloud's hometown of Nibelheim using fire.

*My thoughts: Both killed a majority people in a different way; but Kefka did it first while Sephiroth did it second but just used fire in order to burn down Nibelheim. It also is a bit more complicated for Sephiroth's character in that later in the game there's a whole cover up conspiracy going on; so the gamer is never too sure if it even ever happened to begin with. But with Kefka; we know it happened: it's a done deal. Thus my point goes to Kefka.+1 Kefka!

Kefka: Kills his boss & moves some crazy magic statues around in order to take over the world.
Sephiroth: Also kills his boss; but then goes out to some temple out on butt fr*ck Egypt in order to gain a piece of 'black materia' so he can summon down meteo on everyone's arse.

*My thoughts: Both killed their boss in their own way; but Sephiroth messes sh*t up for his world with finesse by just outright summoning meteo & not causing the world to split apart as Kefka does. Sephiroth is going all out for world destruction here; no muss no fuss. Thus impo my point goes to Sephiroth. +1 Sephiroth!

Kefka: Is shown to be cruel towards Ceres, Terra & his own men.
Sephiroth: Ends up killing both Zach & Cloud.

*My thoughts: Kefka is just a cruel & all out a** in general. Sephiroth; he just kills people: dead. Sorry but my point goes to Sephiroth here. +1 Sephiroth!

Kefka: Destroy's villages, towns & cities when he's taken over the world.
Sephiroth: Makes your group follow Cloud who ends up in the life stream whom you have to end up saving. He also kills a member of your party; and when he summons down meteo upon their world also awakens the mech's that were created in order to protect it.

*My thoughts: This is a hard one to call. Cause Kefka is said to destroy a town, village, or city if the people there don't 'obey him'. Where as with Sephiroth; it's just all out mayhem that's going on in general.. O-o; Thus; point again to Sephiroth. Kefka may be destroying villages, towns & etc; but in the game it's said that the people keep rebuilding them. Where as where Sephiroth is concerned; sh*t be going down. +1 Sephiroth!

Now onto their weaknesses. I think I've covered most if not all of the victory's above..

Villain weaknesses:

Kefka: He looks like a flipping clown & is just bat sh*t crazy! <.<; Yea I went there.
Sephiroth: He used to be a good guy & worked with SOLDIER as an operative in order to keep his world safe.. Before finding out the truth of his birth; Sephiroth was a good man & a highly respected member of this group.

*My thoughts: Personally; I think if Sephiroth had 0 access to those documents where he found out about what his father did to his mother in order to make him into the perfect SOLDIER.. I think that he'd still have been a high ranking member of this group & maybe even been around to train others in it. While with Kefka; there is just no hope for this guy cause he's so bat sh*t crazy. Point goes to Kefka here. +1 Kefka!

So the winner; is neither. :p Why? Because look at them! They are essentially the same villain the only difference between them is their history. Kefka uses poison, Sephiroth uses fire. One's bat sh*t crazy while the other is fine; until he learns the truth about his father's experiments which in turn: turns him bat sh*t crazy. Seriously; these two guys are cut from the same dang cloth. The only difference is that Kefka wears the mask of a clown where Sephiroth just doesn't.

While yea; maybe the clear winner for me is Sephiroth.. It's just that for me; Sephiroth just did everything with more fineness was all. :p XD ;3

What do you think? Do you think I'm one sided? That maybe I'm blinded by Sephiroth's bishiness perhaps? (Maybe!) Think that maybe I just see Kefka as more of clown then a villain? (Could be!)

Then let's get this party started! :thumbsup:

Like Switch Forum!

Advertisements