• Welcome to SwitchForum.com - The #1 place to talk about Nintendo Switch. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Fortnite from iOS to Switch

Cro1211

My son just got a Switch. He normally plays Fortnite on his iOS phone. We have linked his account to the switch in Epic games. He downloaded Fortnite onto the switch. When he signed in his user name is different and he doesn’t have any of his saved items. Example, his username is Dogboi65(not really) but on the switch it just says Dogboi. I have created another user account on the switch but it doesn’t work either. I have deleted the app and redownloaded but even doing that it didn’t allow him to sign back in. It just went back to the Dogboi username. I hate this game. It gives me a few more gray hairs every time I try and deal with it. Does anyone of any ideas how to make this work?

Nintendo X

The Legend
Staff member
My son just got a Switch. He normally plays Fortnite on his iOS phone. We have linked his account to the switch in Epic games. He downloaded Fortnite onto the switch. When he signed in his user name is different and he doesn’t have any of his saved items. Example, his username is Dogboi65(not really) but on the switch it just says Dogboi. I have created another user account on the switch but it doesn’t work either. I have deleted the app and redownloaded but even doing that it didn’t allow him to sign back in. It just went back to the Dogboi username. I hate this game. It gives me a few more gray hairs every time I try and deal with it. Does anyone of any ideas how to make this work?
1.) You have to link the account to the same account in order to play the "same" profile. Like so: I create corp@carlosx360.com as an account, and if I want to carry it over to my Switch, I'd have to use the same corp@carlosx360.com account.

What it sounds like is you created a new account.

2.) You need a Nintendo account before you go anywhere w/ online, so you'll need to use the same email like I explained above. Nintendo and Epic has to recognize you as one.
3.) It's worth noting that the new iOS doesn't work with fortnite.

4.) It's possible that the username was taken.

Like Switch Forum!

Advertisements