• Welcome to SwitchForum.com - The #1 place to talk about Nintendo Switch. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Free NRC Membership Giveaway Contest!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spiral

To help start Nintendo Realm's new usergroup the NRContributors, I'm giving away three free NRContributor memberships, no NR Coins required! :thumbsup:

To obtain a free NRC membership is simple, create 10 quality threads around the forum. The first three members to reach 10 quality threads will be the ones to be upgraded to free NRC status, with all the features included! See them here.

Good examples of quality threads can be tutorials, guides, gaming news, reviews, a thread we don't have yet that maybe we should have you can create, or something else that can be helpful to others. These threads are very well appreciated and is what being NRC is all about, contributing. :)
See example

Bad examples would be short sentences, bad spelling, spam, or duplicated content/threads. These threads will NOT count and are frowned upon. :(
See example

A few rules:
  • Do not completely copy-paste anything into a thread, such as news from another news site or from another forum thread. All content must be unique by you (some things such as small quotes are okay).
  • No duplicated threads, please search before you post.
  • The following forums will not be counted for quality threads in this contest: Feedback, Comments, and Suggestions, Introductions, all sub-forum tournament forums, Random Chitter Chatter, Forum Games.
Breaking any of the above rules will NOT count towards your quality thread count.

Once you have 10 quality threads, just tell me and I will add you into NRC!

Note: if you have qualified for NRC status, you cannot give it away to someone else. it is for you and you only.

I hope to see some good content and some more NRCs soon! (Y)

Phoenix

I would enter, but me posting a quality thread is like me using a white background in a fractal...near impossible

Spiral

Kitteh said:
I would enter, but me posting a quality thread is like me using a white background in a fractal...near impossible

I'm sure you can make some guides or tutorials for graphics and images, the Graphical Center is not included in the forbidden thread forums. :nod:

Spiral

JamestheFreak said:
If reviews count maybe I already have two quality threads?

Reviews do count, but they have to be 10 new threads, not the ones already created. Your reviews however is one example of good quality. (Y)

For those who may be wondering as to what are quality threads...

1. Write video game reviews, think of all the games you've played over the years and write a review for them. It doesn't have to be a wall of text, just a few paragraphs and a good summary will do (I've yet to see anyone write a review for a game system).

2. Create a thread for something you've recently heard about and want to share here, this could count as news.

3. Played a game and know all the secrets to it? Make a hints and tips or game guide thread for it.

4. Find something useful? Share it with the rest of us! Explain with detail what you use it for.

5. Start a thread asking for opinions (example "handheld or home console?"), but as the thread starter, express in your opinion why you like a particular choice in good detail.

JackitK

Nice idea. I'll see what I can do depending on how long it takes everyone else to make ten threads I'll see if I can get up there eventually. :p

Friik

Verified Member
I'll give this a try, but it'll probably take me a while though.
Once in a while I'll get that spark to rush in and write up.

Spiral

JamestheFreak said:
Do they have to be in 10 separate threads or could some be in the same threads like reviews or retro discussion?

You can create threads in any forum as long as they're not in the restricted ones, so if you want to create 10 video game reviews in the Video Game Reviews forum than that is acceptable.

Phoenix

FyreeTSG said:
10 news threads!!

Nice giveaway, I'd do this if I wasn't already an NRC

(Y)

If you weren't one already it wouldn't matter. Its 10 new QUALITY threads. It doesn't have to be news. And even if it did, they could be crap news ones, they wouldn't count. The only thing that counts is the quality.

I'm unsure if my tutorial counts or not

FyreeTSG

Banned
I meant--people who are looking to get the NRC deal...

QUALITY News threads--if you need an idea what one looks like, check some of mine, (they're not just "cut-and-paste" BTW)

Spiral

Kitteh said:
I'm unsure if my tutorial counts or not

They count. (Y)

So far I believe JamestheFreak has the most quality threads.

I'm liking all the quality threads everyone is putting out, like the game reviews (shows up great in search engines), though looking at how this is going so far I'm starting to think now 10 is a bit too much. Maybe I should lower it to 5 threads.

JamestheFreak

10 does sound too much for most members on this site but I think I can make 10.

If you do lower it to 5 then I think I might earn the first free NRC.

Status
Not open for further replies.