• Welcome to SwitchForum.com - The #1 place to talk about Nintendo Switch. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Freestyle Contest Ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

FyreeTSG

Banned
Instead of starting a NEW Freestyle Contest--I thought I'd toss it out there--and see what people want to do for the NEXT Freestyle Contest, and any others that we do.

Any ideas?

Azriel Delacroix

Verified Member
Uh, not to be a downer or anything. But isn't the point of FreeStyle to be, free?

Ya know, no rules, no regulations; to do whatever you want and be judged purely on creative effort instead of strict and rigid scales of concise protocols to achieve a certain artistic point?

TL;DR - Isn't it the point of FreeStyle to be judged strictly on creative effort instead of trying to achieve a theme?

What I'm saying is you don't really need an idea for FreeStyle, just host the contest, give everyone a deadline, and let the people go bananas.

FyreeTSG

Banned
Freestyle GFX Contest--meaning you can use any Art Program, or merely hand-draw something...

The LAST contest was like this:

FREESTYLE CONTEST

--This is a FREESTYLE Art/Drawing Contest--

ANYONE CAN ENTER--Just only enter YOUR own Art

Rules:
Must be original
Must be hand-drawn
Must be a Video Game character

FyreeTSG

Banned
that's fine---but it seemed to work fine in the first contest w/ a theme...

and, like I said, "Freestyle" in terms of HOW people can make their entries---cause a lot of people don't have Photoshop, or other High-End GFX programs...which is why its better opened up to ANY way of making a Pic for the contest.

Pocketim

Verified Member
Azriel Delacroix said:
Uh, not to be a downer or anything. But isn't the point of FreeStyle to be, free?

Ya know, no rules, no regulations; to do whatever you want and be judged purely on creative effort instead of strict and rigid scales of concise protocols to achieve a certain artistic point?

TL;DR - Isn't it the point of FreeStyle to be judged strictly on creative effort instead of trying to achieve a theme?

What I'm saying is you don't really need an idea for FreeStyle, just host the contest, give everyone a deadline, and let the people go bananas.

Agreed. I also agree with James's idea of doing the same thing as last time but dropping the "must be a video game character" thing. Let's make it TRUELY freestyle this time around.

FyreeTSG

Banned
and again, that's fine---I just meant it to be Freestyle GFX(in terms of how people make them)---
it can be whatever YOU want---which is why I asked if people had ideas, Hint: the name of the thread... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.