• Welcome to SwitchForum.com - The #1 place to talk about Nintendo Switch. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Games Similar to Fire Emblem?

Solarees

Verified Member
I played Fire Emblem for days in the last few months. I liked the story, the characters, the music, the fighting system, everything about this game is just beautiful and perfect.

I would like to find more games like this and play them. However I am not sure what games are there and where to look. My local gaming store only brings popular Nintendo titles like Pokemon, Zelda, etc. 3DS is not very popular where I am from, everyone owns an XBox for some reasons. Anyhow, I can't rely on my local store for games.

Any suggestions, my friends?

queenzelda

Verified Member
Oh yea.. Try Final Fantasy Tactics: Advance for the GBA, the Disgaea series for the Playstation 2/3/PSP/DS, and another game I'd try if I were you would be Suikdoen 1-5 PS1-PS2 since I think of the Suikoden series as Nintendo's version of Fire Emblem. It mixes JRPG style with tactics as you play & it's awesome (impo xp). :3

Pocketim

Verified Member
Haven't played Fire Emblem myself yet, so I don't know how similar the two games are, but I can vouch for Disgaea's quality. It's great fun, often quite funny and has tons of content that makes it a worthwhile purchase. If you're wanting something to play on your 3DS then go for Disgaea DS, should be pretty easy to find for a good price online, though I don't know how easy it would be to find in local stores.

Solarees

Verified Member
Thanks for all the suggestions. I was looking for games I can play on my 3DS, so I will look into Disgaea DS. Any other suggestions?

Pikahalf

Verified Member
Try Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity. You can recruit other Pokemon while traveling & the story is really rich too. =3

AlexKid

Verified Member
You could always try out the Devil Survivor games by Atlus. They are part of the Shin Megami Tensei series and they rock! :thumbsup:

Devil Survivor came out for the Nintendo DS but Devil Survivor Overclocked is an enhanced version for the 3DS. These games play similarly to the Fire Emblem series, all turn-based strategy RPG goodness. The key difference is the story, characters and themes, which take place in modern day Tokyo. If you don't mind some occult elements and mature themes in your games, I think you will really appreciate SMT: Devil Survivor.

Like Switch Forum!

Advertisements