• Welcome to SwitchForum.com - The #1 place to talk about Nintendo Switch. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

GFX Group Updates

FyreeTSG

Banned
So...this thread can be used for GFX Group members to post what ideas they have for NEW Site Graphics(Banners, and such)--and the REST of us can come up with ideas, and comments as well.

First Question:
(To GFX Group)

What all is currently being worked on, if anything?

Second Question:
(open to anyone)
Does anyone have suggestions for NEW GFX projects??

queenzelda

Verified Member
FyreeTSG said:
First Question:
(To GFX Group) What all is currently being worked on, if anything?
Nothing currently that I am aware of. ^^;

As for suggestions sure I have a bunch! For one my suggestion is for you (Fyree) to tell us the GFX community what it is YOU want out of it exactly; what it is that you are expecting from us and to STOP pussy footing around about it.

For another; none of the current gfx team (that I am aware of) have any idea how to code in any kind of unique 'theme' for Mybb. I've been learning how to code a theme for zetaboards; but Mybb and zetaboards aren't the same in coding language. =/ So the gfx group creating a theme is out of the question until one of us learns how to code for Mybb. (Which maybe a while...) Though yes; a new theme could be added on to NR; but in the end that would fall to Spiral's discretion.

As for banners; fine maybe a change of banners once a year would be nice. Even 'Join NR' banners would be good for members who are on other forums to use. But usually they have to be very small and if a member wants credit they have to know how to url over the image displayed & for that some members may need a tutorial.

Beyond the above stated; it's just shop items which I personally think NR has enough of: seriously.

So again; what more do YOU expect from the GFX team here Fyree??

Spiral

The GFX Group has it's own forum for projects, they don't need to make a status report here about what they're doing.

If you have a GFX request, then feel free to share it.

zluigi56

Verified Member
queenzelda said:
FyreeTSG said:
First Question:
(To GFX Group) What all is currently being worked on, if anything?
For another; none of the current gfx team (that I am aware of) have any idea how to code in any kind of unique 'theme' for Mybb. I've been learning how to code a theme for zetaboards; but Mybb and zetaboards aren't the same in coding language. =/ So the gfx group creating a theme is out of the question until one of us learns how to code for Mybb. (Which maybe a while...) Though yes; a new theme could be added on to NR; but in the end that would fall to Spiral's discretion.

As for banners; fine maybe a change of banners once a year would be nice. Even 'Join NR' banners would be good for members who are on other forums to use. But usually they have to be very small and if a member wants credit they have to know how to url over the image displayed & for that some members may need a tutorial.

I could try to learn the coding for MyBB... No promises.

FyreeTSG

Banned
I just thought maybe, the rest of us would like to know---cause we don't EVER have a clue what's going on....which is fine, and I'm all about "secrecy"---but a general "We're working on something" every now and then would go a long way to keep me quiet.

And NO--I don't want to "take charge" as much as it seems---but I do have ideas, but the problem is, with this site, is no one ever seems to share their ideas, and then there's that constant lack of feedback.

I understand you're frustrated with me, I get frustrated as well with myself, cause I hate saying that WRONG thing and p*ssing the wrong person off.

But I, like many others here, just want to be kept in the loop. Which is what THIS thread is about.

FyreeTSG

Banned
Okay:

an NR Logo--which can be used for advertising, as well as on the site's social media pages(nothing against the Sonic one, but it's always good to change things)--plus a GOOD logo can be a GOOD attention-getter

I know the THEMES are harder than dry snot to deal with--so how about BANNERS....which we did, at one time, have an active thread going where people could post the banners they made(which, again, fell through)

Open Request Threads---maybe headed up by the willing GFX volunteers, or Az, or someone....cause people DO ask me "Hey, where do I get a pic like yours?"---and MAY not know anything about Sigs/Avis.

We could have what WN had, add the Avatar Galleries people have submitted to the "Pool" of choices for those without their own avatar. Leading to another possible project for the GFX group: NEW Avatars covering all sorts of games, general pop culture(movies, TV, etc)--or kitties, puppies, and hammerhead sharks

Slap in a few new buttons, or little icons, like smilies, and so on.

Maybe do another "GFX Application" contest---not wanting to drop the current members, but there are a few people here who I know would also be willing to HELP with site GFX, and are more than capable of helping to the cause

queenzelda

Verified Member
Well why not have the same idea as the avatar gallery and have a signature gallery? I think it could work.

FyreeTSG

Banned
anything's alright with me--not adding to the accusation of being "the owner" of the site....but I think we can all agree ANYTHING POSITIVE will be greatly appreciated.

although--with a "Generic Sig Gallery", typically Sigs are made with all that mushy "love and care", or "blood, sweat and tears"--and usually SPECIFICALLY for a specific member....

queenzelda

Verified Member
Not really; all of the signatures made could have a huge red NR on them some where that way any one who's a member of NR can use them. :3

FyreeTSG

Banned
that could work...

I do think we're long overdue for a SITE GFX Contest--with the added incentive of an award, which i know would get people's creative juices flowing