• Welcome to SwitchForum.com - The #1 place to talk about Nintendo Switch. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Help with the online store and regions

Kakurine2

Ok I live in the USA so I really need menus and the like to be in english. I am thinking about getting a switch during black friday for a few games (bayonetta 2, smash bros, etc.) but mainly dead or alive extreme 3 fortuna on the switch rather then ps4 because the switch doesn't censor anything. As far as a understand it one can make multiple profiles on the system using different regions and share the games similar to playstation network. As that is a way to get games and their dlcs regardless of region. I did this on my ps4 to obtain gundam breaker 3 and its dlc using a singapore ps4 account and linking it with my normal us ps4 account.

My question is what region in english will i need to select to get doa and its dlc on the switch? Anyone got an answer. Each time i do a google search and look on the official nintendo online store i don't see the game but doing a random google search finds the game on various retailers (play asia being one of them).

And please i get it some folks may be offended by games such as doa but its really rather harmless and its a video game. We dont need to panic and make things complicated with social political bs.

Nintendo X

The Legend
Staff member
Nobody should be offended by your choice of game. DOAX3 is fine.

As for your question: You can log in with any account, from any region, and download from any region. Your new Switch is region-free.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
O Help with figuring out Nintendo switch Nintendo Switch General Discussion 0
L Nintendo switch lose my games? (Help) Nintendo Switch General Discussion 0
J Help my joy cons not working Nintendo Switch General Discussion 1
S Looking for help / advice for headphones - microphone Nintendo Switch General Discussion 3
Erik 5 Steps to Help Parents Play (and Create) Video Games with Their Kids Gaming News 0
Erik HEY, PAY ATTENTION! CROWDFARTER LAUNCHES TO HELP BRING WARIO'S DREAM GAME TO REALITY! Gaming News 0
Erik Nintendo Offers 10 Downloads to Help You Recover from Your Holiday Weekend Gaming News 0
F Should NAMCO Help with MK8? Nintendo Wii U Discussion 3
queenzelda Time Zone Converter. To help with crossing Nintendo 3DS Discussion 1
F What can YOU do to help NR? Forum Suggestions and Support 4
F Luigi's Mansion 2 Help Desk Help Corner 2
F The ZELDA Series Help Desk Help Corner 2
F Retro Mario Help/FAQ Help Corner 1
Azriel Delacroix Animal Crossing Wild World Help Friend Exchange 1
zluigi56 Please Help! Off Topic Lounge 2
E Wii problems...please help! Video Games 10
JackitK Need Help? Who do you call? Video Games 2
R Nintendo Switch Buy online game Nintendo Switch General Discussion 1
J Question about regions and nintendo online subscription Nintendo Switch General Discussion 3
P Mario Party and Nintendo Switch Online Nintendo Switch General Discussion 0
jetstar322 Online family group issues Question and Answer 0
Nintendo X Introducing Nintendo Entertainment System (NES) Online Nintendo Switch News 0
B NES Games Online Lag Nintendo Switch General Discussion 0
P Splatoon 2 Hacked; Nintendo's Anti-Cheat System Bypassed Just One Day Before Switch Online Becomes Paid Nintendo Switch News 0
Nintendo X New Nintendo Direct (9/13/2018) reveals new games, and Nintendo Switch Online details Nintendo Switch News 0
M Looking for online players Friend Exchange 1
Nintendo X What we know about Nintendo Switch Online so far Nintendo Switch News 0
F Playing online on Nintendo Switch will become paid in September Nintendo Switch News 1
Erik Learn new details about the upcoming paid service, Nintendo Switch Online Gaming News 0
Erik New online multiplayer game mode for kids and squids in Splatoon Gaming News 0
Erik Required Super Smash Bros. update for online play Gaming News 0
Erik New online multiplayer game mode for kids and squids in Splatoon Gaming News 0
Erik Required Super Smash Bros. update for online play Gaming News 0
thepieeatingjay Do you think Nintendo should turn the online function back on? Other Nintendo Consoles & Handhelds 3
queenzelda Pokemon bank: is now online Gaming News 2
D Looking to play online and swap note :) Friend Exchange 0
F Online Selectivity Nintendo 3DS Discussion 2
F XBOX "ONE" Will Need Online, and Why. Microsoft Xbox 2
queenzelda UPDATE Xbox 720: not needing to be online Gaming News 6
F Mario Golf: World Tour: Online, and More Nintendo 3DS Discussion 2
KRICH24 Looking for friends for online gaming and swapnote. Friend Exchange 13
F MH3 Ultimate: Region Locked Online; 3DS Cross-Play Nintendo Wii U Discussion 2
F Online Multiplayer, AND More: LM Dark Moon Nintendo 3DS Discussion 4
F One More Question about Online Data from Wii Nintendo Wii U Discussion 4
F Local or Online? Nintendo 3DS Discussion 7
F Vita System Update 1.81 Online Sony PlayStation 0
F 3DS Online Play? Nintendo 3DS Discussion 0
F What Online Games DO You Want? Nintendo 3DS Discussion 4
SoulNinja SAO (Sword Art Online) Off Topic Lounge 5
R What DS / 3DS Games do you play online ? Nintendo 3DS Discussion 3