• Welcome to SwitchForum.com - The #1 place to talk about Nintendo Switch. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Information about an issue with an Amiibo working with Switch

Ted G

Hi, I'm very much a newbie working with my disabled son to help him connect a new Amiibo onto a new game (Zelda Link Awakening) running on a new Switch. We have managed to register the Amiibo correctly on the Switch but we don't know what should happen next. I contacted Nintendo themselves this morning as the instructions were very limited and a most unhelpful guy said it was an "in-game" issue which Nintendo doesn't give support on. I told him that was disappointing in view of how much we had spent on everything and he disconnected me. I just wanted to know if it was just a question of waiting for oemthign to happen in the game. I need to know whether the Amiibo itself (a present) is working properly.

I don't know even whether this is the right forum but I hope if not, someone can kindly re-direct me to the right one. Thanks.

Nintendo X

The Legend
Staff member
Usually, when you use that same Amiibo on something like Wii U, Nintendo 3DS, or some other Nintendo hardware, you get a bonus item, boost, or something... Here's Twilight Princess on Wii U.

But I'm not sure it's available for Link's Awakening.
I don't know even whether this is the right forum but I hope if not, someone can kindly re-direct me to the right one. Thanks.
No worries. I've moved it for you.

EDIT: Here's a list, but I'm not sure it's accurate, since you're not getting most of the bonus(es) listed.

Like Switch Forum!

Advertisements