• Welcome to SwitchForum.com - The #1 place to talk about Nintendo Switch. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Is it normal to have hairline scratches on switch screen?

Artwark

Thread starter #1
Some folks say that having hairline scratches on iphones are normal and happen through wear and tear. Is that similar for the Switch as well?

Also, I used an alcohol wipe for the orzly tempered glass. Is that safe to use or will it damage the display?

I mean. Now that I applied it, the scratches Don't appear with the flashlight but it still depresses me that I got few more scratches even before applying.....

Nintendo X

The Legend
Staff member
Yes, it is normal. The switch screen isn't resistant to scratches, so if you have a small one, just ignore it. However, if you dropped it, and you see a noticable crack, like a bad crack, take it to Nintendo and get it repaired.

And don't use too much alcohol with your screen. Because the Switch itself is very fragile. One drip of water or alcohol into the system itself, and you're probably damaging it. Here's a teardown of the console...

In the first few seconds of loading the video, you will notice just how fragile it is.

Artwark

Thread starter #3
Yes, it is normal. The switch screen isn't resistant to scratches, so if you have a small one, just ignore it. However, if you dropped it, and you see a noticable crack, like a bad crack, take it to Nintendo and get it repaired.

And don't use too much alcohol with your screen. Because the Switch itself is very fragile. One drip of water or alcohol into the system itself, and you're probably damaging it. Here's a teardown of the console...

In the first few seconds of loading the video, you will notice just how fragile it is.
But are those alcohol wipes safe to use especially the one orzly has?

Nintendo X

The Legend
Staff member
But are those alcohol wipes safe to use especially the one orzly has?
Yes, as long as you don't drop the actual liquid into the small openings. Again, I reiterate that switch is fragile. Treat your glass as if it is your reading glasses. Put it that way.

Like Switch Forum!

Advertisements