• Welcome to SwitchForum.com - The #1 place to talk about Nintendo Switch. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Laptop OR PC?

FyreeTSG

Banned
What kind of computer do you use?

LAPTOP or PC?

Typically one of the laptops we have--(my Mom's or my Sister's)--
but we always had PC's when I was growing up.

I will be getting a laptop in a month, or so, when I get my tax refund

JackitK

My Laptop pretty much is my PC. Rarely bring it around with me though it makes trips between home and school a lot easier. :p

FyreeTSG

Banned
Yeah, I think most people today have a laptop(or netbook)--PC's(Desktops) are so quikcly out of date, and not as easy to maintain....

Plus laptops have built-in wifi, and a bunch of other features that make them more superior to PCs in a lot of ways

JackitK

FyreeTSG said:
Yeah, I think most people today have a laptop(or netbook)--PC's(Desktops) are so quikcly out of date, and not as easy to maintain....

Plus laptops have built-in wifi, and a bunch of other features that make them more superior to PCs in a lot of ways
The best thing destops have going for them is their tendcy to be able to hold more memory, graphics, power,etc. but laptops are even catching up to desktop counterparts on that.

FyreeTSG

Banned
You can buy external hard drives, flash drives, etc. if you need more memories...
With all the things laptops can use, via USB, they're actually more superior--plus they usually run about half the price of a PC....

Any recommendations on what brands are best?
And I'm not getting Apple--cause they're too dang expensive...

JackitK

I have an Asus and it's easily the best computer I've ever had. I have had problems with it, but most of them are easy to blame on Windows than the computer and it's defiantly been less than I've had with other computers.

FyreeTSG

Banned
I just got my W2(tax info) from work, as soon as I file it, I'll be 1 step closer to getting a laptop...
now, the next trick is finding one, decent, and under $500

Azriel Delacroix

Verified Member
For PC (Windows) Users, there are three brands that make things simple and effective, in my experience anyway. Listed from Highest Price (You get what you pay for) to Lowest Price.

Toshiba - The newer models are breaking your bank, from $900 and beyond, but damn if there isn't a sturdier brand. Easy to use, a lot of POWAH, and very stylish.

The Sony Vaio Series of Laptops - $500 - $1,000

These laptops are BEAST! I had a friend who had an old model, beat the crap out of my newer HPMini, the processor and power on these things are legendary. Plus some of them come coupled with Sony Vegas, the golden standard in the movie industry for movie editing, a HUGE upgrade from Window's Movie Maker.

HP - $300 - $1000

I personally go with the HPs, they're easy to set up, their hardware and software can be customized if you know what you're doing or have the right OS. Great Tech Support, and all that. However these laptops break down easily, I've had my HPMini for more than a year now and every other month, Virus this, Virus that, the Anti-Virus Software they give you with the laptop is complete crap!

Still, it's the cheapest and more economical approach.

JackitK

Azriel Delacroix said:
For PC (Windows) Users, there are three brands that make things simple and effective, in my experience anyway. Listed from Highest Price (You get what you pay for) to Lowest Price.

Toshiba - The newer models are breaking your bank, from $900 and beyond, but damn if there isn't a sturdier brand. Easy to use, a lot of POWAH, and very stylish.

The Sony Vaio Series of Laptops - $500 - $1,000

These laptops are BEAST! I had a friend who had an old model, beat the crap out of my newer HPMini, the processor and power on these things are legendary. Plus some of them come coupled with Sony Vegas, the golden standard in the movie industry for movie editing, a HUGE upgrade from Window's Movie Maker.
Well personally I find my A...holy **** a PC for under 1,000 dollars that comes with Sony Vegas. :O
That's effin' amazing! I'll defiantly have to keep that in mind the next time I get a computer. Though I'm really hoping my good old laptop will get me through at a minimum another couple years.

Pocketim

Verified Member
I have a MacBook, with both Mac OS X and Ubuntu installed on it. It's no powerhouse, but it's good for the old PC and DOS games I run on it, as well as most indie games. There's almost always a console port for the more demanding PC games.

FyreeTSG

Banned
I'm looking for something no more than $450-plus...
But even if i can't get one that's that powerful, there's always flashdrives, etc...

FyreeTSG

Banned
I was gonna get one i saw at Office Max, for $349--but they were out of stock, and I didn't want to wait to have one shipped---

GOOD THING!

that one didn't have a DVD burner-- :laugh2:

SHADOWEDINSHRED

I've bounced back and forth on my opinion...
I'd say a PC, because it's more committed for what i do. Gaming and creating.
I'd use a laptop too, for on the go things.

Like Switch Forum!

Advertisements