• Welcome to SwitchForum.com - The #1 place to talk about Nintendo Switch. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

NEW Call of Duty to be Announced May 1st

FyreeTSG

Banned
SHOULD WE LET IT GO TO VOICEMAIL?

Well, we all knew we'd see a NEW one sometime this year--and it looks like Activision will be making an announcement on May 1st about, GUESS WHAT?--a NEW "CALL OF DUTY" game.

Not much is known, obviously, BUT it looks like there's a tie-in with the NBA Playoffs game on May 1st on TNT.

Details, what details there are, say we'll get not much more than a Teaser trailer for the game.

But sources say the game, most likely "Black Ops 2", has been "unofficially confirmed" due to the existance of a source code on an Activision teaser page--and the following text:

“2012 Activision Publishing, Inc. Activision and Call of Duty are registered trademarks and Black Ops is a trademark of Activision Publishing, Inc. All other trademarks and trade names are the properties of their respective owners.”

Sounds likely, right??

--FyreeTSG

Source:
CheatCC.com

FyreeTSG

Banned
okay, lets go THAT route...

but, aside from it being an over-killed series, and an over-killed genre of game, they DO still sell well...

Azriel Delacroix

Verified Member
E.T.A.... 12 seconds...

*Descends from a helicopter dressed in the latest body armor of the military, carrying an M16*

Hi, I'm Azriel Delacroix and I'm here to tell you about Call of Duty, an amazing First Person Shooter Series renowned by many gamers and hailed as one of the best FPS Series to exist.

Now unknown to well, the sheep of the games industry, Call of Duty had its roots on the PC with the first Call of Duty, which was hailed as a cinematic World War II experience for many at the time.

Now PC Gamers were living it up, as Call of Duty reigned ONLY on the PC during the early years, and us console babies, being the peasants we are in the eyes of PC Gamers, would not taste the CoD Series until...

Call of Duty: Finest Hour for GameCube, PlayStation 2, and Xbox

This was the first Call of Duty to be released onto the consoles, and needless to say it was a massive hit! The peasants of the consoles were pleased as many a PC snob hissed and booed the even more cinematic release than previous installments.

Then we had a slew of follow up titles, all in World War II, each one more cinematic than the last. These titles would put story and atmosphere of the struggle of World War II before anything else, and the game-play was intense and action-y enough to carry it all.

They weren't bad games, and they weren't generic. This series was amazing and stood on many merits.

In fact the first of the Modern Warfare Series, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, despite what many claim and they can shove it up- *cough* I loved the story of CoD4, I loved it, and I loved the characters you worked with even more.

In terms of both creating a balance between game-play and story, the juxtaposition of it flowed so well, it was amazing! Even the ending sequence, while a bullet to the head, was just stunning.

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare wasn't just good cause it was popular, no. It was good PERIOD! Unlike its predecessor, World at War, where I think we milked the World War II Shooter Cow too hard.

Then in my opinion, yeah, it went to hell. After the first Modern Warfare, it just went right to hell. MW2 & MW3 killed it, Black Ops OVER killed it. These games no longer stand for some cinematic stories and sequences, they just exist to please the hungry sheep of the masses.

So remember, don't hate the games. Hate what they represent.

Last edited by a moderator:

FyreeTSG

Banned
I agree---completely...

the Call of Duty series is just another series that's mass-produced cause Activision knows that the diehard contingent of fans will eagerly shell-out another $40-50 to get the latest "NEW" game...

I'm not a big fan of FPS' anyways, but I know it'll sell a few million copies to those who are already preordering it....

JamestheFreak

Which is bad because it keeps encouraging Activision to keep ruining video games and forces other developers that make FPS games copy the stupid things from CoD like regenerating health in order to make any sales.

Volke

Verified Member
Azriel Delacroix said:
E.T.A.... 12 seconds...

*Descends from a helicopter dressed in the latest body armor of the military, carrying an M16*

Hi, I'm Azriel Delacroix and I'm here to tell you about Call of Duty, an amazing First Person Shooter Series renowned by many gamers and hailed as one of the best FPS Series to exist.

Now unknown to well, the sheep of the games industry, Call of Duty had its roots on the PC with the first Call of Duty, which was hailed as a cinematic World War II experience for many at the time.

Now PC Gamers were living it up, as Call of Duty reigned ONLY on the PC during the early years, and us console babies, being the peasants we are in the eyes of PC Gamers, would not taste the CoD Series until...

Call of Duty: Finest Hour for GameCube, PlayStation 2, and Xbox

This was the first Call of Duty to be released onto the consoles, and needless to say it was a massive hit! The peasants of the consoles were pleased as many a PC snob hissed and booed the even more cinematic release than previous installments.

Then we had a slew of follow up titles, all in World War II, each one more cinematic than the last. These titles would put story and atmosphere of the struggle of World War II before anything else, and the game-play was intense and action-y enough to carry it all.

They weren't bad games, and they weren't generic. This series was amazing and stood on many merits.

In fact the first of the Modern Warfare Series, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, despite what many claim and they can shove it up- *cough* I loved the story of CoD4, I loved it, and I loved the characters you worked with even more.

In terms of both creating a balance between game-play and story, the juxtaposition of it flowed so well, it was amazing! Even the ending sequence, while a bullet to the head, was just stunning.

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare wasn't just good cause it was popular, no. It was good PERIOD! Unlike its predecessor, World at War, where I think we milked the World War II Shooter Cow too hard.

Then in my opinion, yeah, it went to hell. After the first Modern Warfare, it just went right to hell. MW2 & MW3 killed it, Black Ops OVER killed it. These games no longer stand for some cinematic stories and sequences, they just exist to please the hungry sheep of the masses.

So remember, don't hate the games. Hate what they represent.

Extremely well written, good workb:thumbsup:

I've been playing COD since Cod4, and I usually don't even play cod for the storyline. All I really buy it for is the multi-player game modes, and stuff like that, as do most of the people who buy cod from what I am aware of. Black Ops was the best one to date, in my honest opinion.

FyreeTSG said:
I agree---completely...

the Call of Duty series is just another series that's mass-produced cause Activision knows that the diehard contingent of fans will eagerly shell-out another $40-50 to get the latest "NEW" game...

I'm not a big fan of FPS' anyways, but I know it'll sell a few million copies to those who are already preordering it....

I could say that for Mario games as well Fyree.:p

JamestheFreak said:
Which is bad because it keeps encouraging Activision to keep ruining video games and forces other developers that make FPS games copy the stupid things from CoD like regenerating health in order to make any sales.

Curious, but what do you think an fps should play like?

Last edited by a moderator:

FyreeTSG

Banned
yeah, I know...MOST series that last this long get stale...

But Mario still sells---so do Call of Duty games...

I haven't played ANY of them, but I don't see myself ever playing one.

Azriel Delacroix

Verified Member
FyreeTSG said:
yeah, I know...MOST series that last this long get stale...

But Mario still sells---so do Call of Duty games...

I haven't played ANY of them, but I don't see myself ever playing one.

Well to be fair, I don't see you playing anything besides Mario, Tetris, and Bejeweled either. You gave Curious Village a try, so I give you some merit. But you still have a lot of different stuff to try that you refuse to for some reason; despite there being a lot of excellent games that I believe you'd enjoy that are on other consoles besides Nintendo's line that are truly amazing experiences.

JamestheFreak said:

Activision is but one fish in a large pond, they are not solely responsible for the "ruining" of video games. Also, Call of Duty has been an inspirational hit from the get go, where the earlier games did indeed have health bars and med packs. Regenerating health has just been the standard of action packed games as of late, it's a step towards the ever evolving world of the next generation of video games. Hell, play any of the early games from the 80's on the arcades, or NES, they didn't have ANY health bars. One hit, and you died.

The next step in evolution was the health bar, and games like the Legend of Zelda and such pioneered the concept until it was the video game design standard.

Regenerating Health has become the standard of today.

However, as Volke said, I am curious to see how you think an FPS should play like.

FyreeTSG

Banned
(I'm not gonna play a COD game, cause I don't feel like it....'kay??)

I know my friend at work will probably FLIP for this game---he's a HUGE fan of any FPS games....

JamestheFreak

@Volke I think FPS should be more like Doom or Turok. Non-linear, no regenerating health, being able to use more than 2 weapons, secrets, no DLC, and none of those "Press X to win" crap. Also a protaginist that isn't mute, I'm sick of the mute hero thing. A FPS needs someone like Duke Nukem.

Another thing I'd like to see is creativity, I don't like games being realistic I wanna have badass fictional guns and shoot things like aliens and demons. Ratchet & Clank is a perfect example of awesome fictional weapons, its more of a TPS but you can play in first person so it counts. No brown n bloom graphics would be nice too, too bad all modern FPS do this though, I like my games being colorful.

FyreeTSG

Banned
@james --that's the problem with most newer Shooters..."RESPAWN", and other things...

the Shooters I played, like Resident Evil, and to a lesser-extent Tomb Raider--were all about skill, and NOT getting killed...

and the only way you could keep on playing, was with a Gameshark

FyreeTSG

Banned
that too....
but I loved Infinite Ammo codes...

IF a Call of Duty game had Infinite Ammo--I'd get it in a heartbeat :D (Y) WIN!