• Welcome to SwitchForum.com - The #1 place to talk about Nintendo Switch. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

newbie question about wireless controller connection to Switch

davidhk129

A few months ago, I bought a Switch Lite. Together I also bought a wireless controller which is supposed to be compatible with both Switch and Switch Lite.
It connected to the Switch Lite and worked perfectly.
Yesterday I bought a "regular" Switch, After setting it up, I tried to use the same Controller. It won't connect to the new Switch. I used the correct procedures to connect, but no go.
Would someone please explain to me why.
Thank you.

davidhk129

A few months ago, I bought a Switch Lite. Together I also bought a wireless controller which is supposed to be compatible with both Switch and Switch Lite.
It connected to the Switch Lite and worked perfectly.
Yesterday I bought a "regular" Switch, After setting it up, I tried to use the same Controller. It won't connect to the new Switch. I used the correct procedures to connect, but no go.
Would someone please explain to me why.
Thank you.
I managed to connect the controller with my Nintendo Switch.
What I did was to Disconnect Controller from my Switch Lite.
Then came to my new Switch and did the connection. It worked.
P.S. After that, I tried to connect the controller with the Switch Lite. Won't connect.
I supposed one controller cannot be connected to 2 Switch devices.