• Welcome to SwitchForum.com - The #1 place to talk about Nintendo Switch. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Nintendo Accessories

FyreeTSG

Banned
Does anyone still have any Old-School Nintendo Accessories?

NES:
Game Genie
NES Advantage
ROB
NES Power Pad
NES Power Glove
etc.

-----------

SNES:
SNES Advantage
Super Scope
Game Genie
etc.

or any OTHER Old-School Nintendo accessories?
(excluding STANDARD Controllers)

I still have the SNES' Super Scope---and my SNES Game Genie, AND 2 Turbo Controllers

i used to have a Power Pad, and an NES Advantage--and a Game Genie for NES...as well as an NES Satellite(a way to play 4-player games, "Wireless"), OH, and an NES Turbo Controller

I REALLY want a Power Glove

Etna

You forgot about the gameboy player for the SNES dood. I have one some where in the back of my closet. xD

Pocketim

Verified Member
Video game accessories are always pretty hit-and-miss, but I really do like the idea of the Game Boy Player. A system that can play Gamecube, Game Boy, Game Boy Color, AND Game Boy Advance games? Yes please!

queenzelda

Verified Member
I used to have a Super gameboy myself once upon a time. XD I now have a gameboy player (for the gc) & I lerve it. ^^ I also have a SNES game genie & it still works too. :3

aboleth_lich

Verified Member
Ah yes, Nintendo's Power Glove! As a child of the 1980's, I distinctly remember the excited anticipation I and my peers had upon first learning of this undoubtedly awesome accessory! "Everything else is child's play!" as Nintendo boldly claimed!

And then, some of us would eventually get the opportunity to try the Power Glove for ourselves... and met sullen, soul-crushing disappointment upon realizing that it's a near-useless dud! Like Lucas said in The Wizard: "I̶ ̶l̶o̶v̶e̶ the Power Glove! It's so bad!"

The juxtaposition of these two comic book panels capture how excited we were about Nintendo's Power Glove, and how subsequently soul-crushingly disappointed we were when we finally got to use one for ourselves!

SirRidge

Verified Member
Not super old school, but who remembers that garbage e-reader for the Gameboy Advance? You would swipe a bunch of cards and the data would do various things. I distinctly remember swiping 5 cards so I could play Mario Bros.. This is what we had before the ability to download games....

Pocketim

Verified Member
Not super old school, but who remembers that garbage e-reader for the Gameboy Advance? You would swipe a bunch of cards and the data would do various things. I distinctly remember swiping 5 cards so I could play Mario Bros.. This is what we had before the ability to download games....
I've still got my eReader! Such a bewildering accessory. I remember quite liking it as a kid based on the novelty alone but in retrospect I'm not sure what I saw in it. Not only did you have to scan 5 cards to play a NES game, but you also had to scan both sides giving you a total of 10 codes you had to scan before you can play all three glorious levels of Donkey Kong. Did I find the action of scanning the cards themselves fun? That's the only explanation I can think of for my bizarre fascination with it.

If I recall correctly, I had Mario Bros, Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong Jr and Excitebike for the e-Reader, as well as some other random assorted cards such as some Animal Crossing cards which gave you nothing but a text box of weird dialogue from a villager when you scanned them, and one that lets you play the Game & Watch game "Manhole".

SirRidge

Verified Member
I've still got my eReader! Such a bewildering accessory. I remember quite liking it as a kid based on the novelty alone but in retrospect I'm not sure what I saw in it. Not only did you have to scan 5 cards to play a NES game, but you also had to scan both sides giving you a total of 10 codes you had to scan before you can play all three glorious levels of Donkey Kong. Did I find the action of scanning the cards themselves fun? That's the only explanation I can think of for my bizarre fascination with it.

If I recall correctly, I had Mario Bros, Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong Jr and Excitebike for the e-Reader, as well as some other random assorted cards such as some Animal Crossing cards which gave you nothing but a text box of weird dialogue from a villager when you scanned them, and one that lets you play the Game & Watch game "Manhole".
I think the Pokemon games gave my ereader the most use. There were things you could only get through it.

Like Switch Forum!

Advertisements