• Welcome to SwitchForum.com - The #1 place to talk about Nintendo Switch. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Nintendo Network Coming Soon

FyreeTSG

Banned
WHAT WE'VE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR...OR ATLEAST A BIT CLOSER

Remember how after a few months of dealing with the insanity and annoyance of the Wii Friend Code system we all hoped and prayed for something MORE Sane, like what XBOX and PS3 had with their respective Online Networks?

Well--after 5+ years--Nintendo has finally answered our prayers.

Starting sometime soon, Nintendo will be launching the NINTENDO NETWORK--an Online Service that will be just like PSN and XBOX Live--offering Online Digital Sales, as well as Competitions and Communication(probably JUST like PSN and XBOX Live).

The service will first be used for content with the 3DS' MARIO KART 7, offering a "Community" Building feature(probably expanding/improving the game's existing Online Play)--and hopefully adding more Online rankings/etc.

In an interview, Satoru Iwata, Nintendo's President stated:

This concept was built into the design of the Nintendo 3DS, and we already have the necessary infrastructure, we will prepare the same unfrastructure for the Wii U. However, we have not decided the concrete timing of when we will start it.

Let's just all agree--the Nintendo Network as part of the Wii U will definitely help push the new console.

Having more Online Gaming features, sans Friend Code insanity, and all the "Achievements"/bonus content we'd be pretty safe to say that Nintendo will make sure every aspect of the Wii U will have improved on Wii by atleast 100-fold--and then some.

And having a TRUE Online Community will be a great boost for Wii U's future.

My only concern about Online Community-style-Online gaming is the whole "HackGate" incident that the PSN suffered last year, which is always a great risk to take into consideration.

Sure, thats just how the times are now--but I'm sure Nintendo will take every bit of potential threats seriously, and make sure the Nintendo Network for both 3DS and Wii U is as secure as it can be.

----FyreeTSG

Source:
CheatCC.com

JackitK

As long as we don't store credit card information on the network I'm not too worried about the security. Funny now that you brought it up, the only plus of Nintendo being behind in the sense of internet is no one would bother trying to hack Nintendo because there's nothing worth hacking... hopefully Nintendo will be good with their security and learn from the mistakes of their competition.

Besides that, I'm excited for this and just what they'll do with it.

FyreeTSG

Banned
Yeah, I'm still not 100% sold on the whole NETWORK idea---mainly cause of the security risks that are a part of anything Online w/ Credit Cards.....which I'm sure Nintendo will address any potential security issues when they announce more about it.

I really want the Nintendo Network to include Achievements and other little in-game things we can earn/unlock from gameplay...

FyreeTSG

Banned
I like that idea, cause for those who play a game A LOT--you should have some sort of bonuses for being so dedicated to a game.

Case-in-point, I was playing ACCF every day for a year--and I accumulated a lot of gameplay hours--if Wii had some sort of BONUS features, in an Online Community like Nintendo Network--then I would've gotten all sorts of little extras for all I did, which would help give games a ton of replay value.

queenzelda

Verified Member
Pfft, I don't want achievements either. The PSN network practically runs on achievements & even some games won't play because the achievements are down.

If anything I'd just want to be able to keep the compatibility of playing certain games between (say for example) the Wii(WiiU?) & 3DS. Like say for example: the PSN has where you can purchase PS1 games & play them after saved onto a memory stick on the PSP as well as on the PS3. Well take that same idea but have where you can download GC games from the Wii(WiiU?) & save it onto a larger sized SD card & you could also play same said game on the 3DS as well.

If anything the achievements are merely fluff getting in the way of gaming impo.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Erik Nintendo Bringing Nintendo Network ID and Miiverse to Nintendo 3DS Gaming News 0
Erik Nintendo 3DS System Update Brings Nintendo Network ID and Miiverse Gaming News 0
Erik Nintendo 3DS System Update Brings Nintendo Network ID and Miiverse Gaming News 0
F NR's Nintendo Network ID Thread Friend Exchange 14
T Nintendo Switch Error 2811-7503 Nintendo Switch General Discussion 1
A Ports to forward on nintendo switch Nintendo Switch General Discussion 0
R New Nintendo 3DS XL Solgaleo Lunala Black Edition Pokemon Sun & Moon BUNDLE Nintendo 3DS Discussion 0
UrielLink Nintendo Halts 3DS production Nintendo 3DS Discussion 1
Nintendo X New Nintendo Direct focuses on Super Mario Bros. 35th Anniversary Nintendo Switch News 0
A New Skins Collection for your Nintendo Switch Nintendo Switch General Discussion 0
darkfuture008 Connect Nintendo Switch to laptop Nintendo Switch General Discussion 1
F for nintendo switch Nintendo Switch General Discussion 2
D Nintendo Switch price? Nintendo Switch General Discussion 1
M Nintendo switch docked without a battery Nintendo Switch General Discussion 0
R Nintendo Switch Buy online game Nintendo Switch General Discussion 1
O Help with figuring out Nintendo switch Nintendo Switch General Discussion 0
S Nintendo Switch - suitable games Nintendo Switch General Discussion 0
L Nintendo switch lose my games? (Help) Nintendo Switch General Discussion 0
Nintendo X New Nintendo Direct Mini (3/26/2020) reveals new Nintendo Switch updates Nintendo Switch News 2
Shweaty Nintendo Switch Prototype Game Cartridge Case Nintendo Switch General Discussion 0
J Question about regions and nintendo online subscription Nintendo Switch General Discussion 3
P Mario Party and Nintendo Switch Online Nintendo Switch General Discussion 0
Nintendo X New Nintendo Direct (9/4/2019) reveals new Nintendo Switch games Nintendo Switch News 0
Rachet_Acram Eight-Minute Empire - first look on Nintendo Switch Nintendo Switch Games 0
P Looking for a Nintendo Switch Clan? Presenting: TeamRDYK! Friend Exchange 0
Nintendo X Nintendo Switch Lite Announced Nintendo Switch News 0
Nintendo X New Nintendo Direct (6/11/2019) reveals new Nintendo Switch games Nintendo Switch News 1
Nintendo X New Nintendo Direct (6/5/2019) reveals new Pokemon games features Nintendo Switch News 0
Nintendo X New Nintendo Direct (5/15/2019) reveals new Super Mario Maker 2 features Nintendo Switch News 1
ethantic1212 What is the oldest Nintendo console you have right now? Other Nintendo Consoles & Handhelds 8
B My YouTube Video on Nintendo Switch Charging Accesories Member Content 0
Nintendo X New Nintendo Direct (2/27/2019) reveals 2 new Pokemon games Nintendo Switch News 1
Nintendo X Reggie Fils-Aime retires from Nintendo in April Nintendo Switch News 0
Nintendo X New Nintendo Direct (2/13/2019) will reveal new Nintendo Switch games Nintendo Switch News 0
Flash Nintendo has finally got it! Nintendo Switch General Discussion 0
Nintendo X Overview of the NES Controller for Nintendo Switch Nintendo Switch News 1
S Nintendo Treehouse’s JC Rodrigo believes Super Smash Bros. Ultimate DLCs will surprise fans and DLC is going to be a must-have Nintendo Switch News 0
S Nintendo is going to destroy two popular YouTube channels that uploaded Super Smash Bros. Ultimate music Nintendo Switch News 1
S Nintendo Switch starts running out of stock at some of Japan's top stores Nintendo Switch News 2
W Nintendo Switch IPs? Nintendo Switch General Discussion 1
Nintendo X New Nintendo Direct (11/1/2018) reveals new Super Smash Bros Ultimate characters and info Nintendo Switch News 0
Nintendo X Introducing Nintendo Entertainment System (NES) Online Nintendo Switch News 0
P Splatoon 2 Hacked; Nintendo's Anti-Cheat System Bypassed Just One Day Before Switch Online Becomes Paid Nintendo Switch News 0
Nintendo X New Nintendo Direct (9/13/2018) reveals new games, and Nintendo Switch Online details Nintendo Switch News 0
Nintendo X New Nintendo Switch Nindies Showcase for Summer 2018 Nintendo Switch News 0
Y Look for people with friend code with Nintendo switch Friend Exchange 1
Nintendo X New Nintendo Direct (8/8/2018) reveals new Super Smash Bros. Ultimate details Nintendo Switch News 0
F Nintendo Switch users are reporting cracks in their console Nintendo Switch News 0
F Nintendo Switch will beat Xbox and PlayStation Nintendo Switch General Discussion 4
Nintendo X New Nintendo Direct (6/12/2018) reveals new Nintendo games from E3 2018 Nintendo Switch News 0