• Welcome to SwitchForum.com - The #1 place to talk about Nintendo Switch. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Nintendo Realm's "Account Suicide" Thread

VuoriLiikaluoma

Verified Member
Thread starter Banned #1
I request that my account and all my posted content be removed as per the right to be forgotten. (Article 12 of the Directive 95/46/EC)

I have not and do not accept this forums terms and conditions and had my data involuntarily transferred over from another forum.

I'm pretty sure this type of transfer is not legal by the way. At least in the EU.

queenzelda

Verified Member
Yea, I don't want to be a party to this move either. I didn't ask for my content to be moved & I certainly didn't agree to the forum being purchased out from underneath the original owner twice over now either. <.<"

Nintendo X

The Legend
Staff member
First things first, I am a very nice person. I am actually a very welcoming person. I do not like members coming into a thread to crash the party by posting "account suicide" threats. I expect my members to be nice, and respectful. If you're not going to follow my rules. Your account is hereby revoked. As in banned. This is your first and last warning.
I request that my account and all my posted content be removed as per the right to be forgotten. (Article 12 of the Directive 95/46/EC)

I have not and do not accept this forums terms and conditions and had my data involuntarily transferred over from another forum.

I'm pretty sure this type of transfer is not legal by the way. At least in the EU.
Secondly, I don't live in this stupid ass country. When I acquired a website full of Europeans, their first reaction to such threads is to "account suicide" their own profile. I will treat you as hostile from the get go. To me it reads as trolling. I will not stand for trolling.

I mean, geez. You want to use the "it's the law" card on the owner. I mean what the fuck, man!? You knew what you were getting into when you registered to a website, and pressed "Submit."
Yea, I don't want to be a party to this move either. I didn't ask for my content to be moved & I certainly didn't agree to the forum being purchased out from underneath the original owner twice over now either. <.<"
Then don't post. You're banned now. You want to have a hivemind attitude with someone else? Fine. Go ahead, be that "Cool" guy crashing an announcement thread, and playing the "law" card. I don't need you here. I am sorry you guys went through many ownership changes lately, but this isn't the way to react. When Cameron bought it, he planned on doing something with it. He ultimately decided to sell it. I don't blame him either, because when NX was the talk of town, Nintendo's future was up in the air until the release of Nintendo Switch.

However, I jumped at the opportunity because I needed a Nintendo community. I needed a site that compliments the rising Switch niche. That's why I bought it and merged it into SwitchForum.
Please remove my account too,
Sorry, you're banned, too. Happy?

Yami Yugi

Verified Member
Look, I know queenzelda is at least a good person & banning her because you just refuse to talk with her was kind of harsh on your part impo. I want to stay, if I can. But your not making it easy with having a huge dictatorship by banning people just because you maybe misunderstand where they are coming from or why they think they way they do. Your not going to have very many members left the way your going, unless you talk to these people.

That is all. -Yami Yugi

Nintendo X

The Legend
Staff member
Look, I know queenzelda is at least a good person & banning her because you just refuse to talk with her was kind of harsh on your part impo. I want to stay, if I can. But your not making it easy with having a huge dictatorship by banning people just because you maybe misunderstand where they are coming from or why they think they way they do. Your not going to have very many members left the way your going, unless you talk to these people.

That is all. -Yami Yugi
Hello! Welcome to SwitchForum! :) You're welcome to stay. I have no problem with that.

This thread was originally in the announcement thread. I was at work this morning, to see what's going on, and I got furious. I kept my composure, and swallowed the pain. I paid money to own the site. And members came in to trash my thread with account suicides? Fuck that. I responded that way because this is a trend with Europeans, but the thing is, the worst part is, queenzelda isn't Europrean. She's American.

I'm not a dictator. They wanted to "nuke" their own account? Fine. I'll give it to them. And that's just what happened. I'm not going to delete their account or posts just because they asked. I only apply that kind of "deletion" to spammers. Nobody else. I wanted real posters.

If she (queenzelda) wants to come back, she needs to apologize to me constructively. Until then, her account is banned.

I've unlocked the thread for you to respond and/or others to respond, rather than having new threads pop up every time.

Yami Yugi

Verified Member
Pardon, how can she appologize if there is no way for her to do so? (Excuse my ignorance here.) I'm just posting my feelings, no more no less. I'm fine with staying & wish you luck.

Azriel Delacroix

Verified Member
Hello!

My name is Azriel Delacroix.

I am a long time member of NintendoRealm and was an Administrator of the forum.

That may not mean much anymore considering that we are now under new management, but I beseech you Nintendo X, to heed my words carefully.

This also goes towards any NR Members!

I think everyone needs to calm down and take some serious breathers for god's sake.

I am going to request that the board owner un-ban Queen Zelda, SaintsofLA, and
VuoriLiikaluoma at their quickest convenience.

If you want my personal opinion banning people just because they want their account removed or because they acted quite rashly towards a sudden change isn't the best way to maintain order on a forum or encourage membership here.

They can be displeased about things all they like but a ban doesn't seem warranted in my honest opinion.

Instead I believe this should have been handled by explaining the situation in a calm and rational manner instead of a flurry of rage and bans.

Furthermore I also request my Administrator's position to be restored if possible.

I will gladly help in any efforts to revive our forum and maintain order.

I know it seems rather disrespectful of me as an Ex-Administrator to make these requests of the new owner, but please understand my reasoning - I have known these members for years and how they are as people. In fact Queen Zelda was once an Administrator herself.

I believe that demands some modicum of respect as the new board owner, Nintendo X.

Though as an after thought, you probably had no knowledge of her prior position as a Staff Member, and thereby could not have known. Another misunderstanding and easily rectifiable.

However it is just as important that we as Ex-Staff Members treat you, Nintendo X, with equal respect as you did pay for this forum and I am sure you want a return on your investment.

I really believe everyone has gotten off on the wrong foot here.

I ask that you forgive us. Our forum hasn't been the most stable. You would be our third new owner after our original creator and owner, Spiral, sold NintendoRealm without our knowledge or consent.

We have grown tired of change and uncertainty.

If you will allow some forgiveness on your behalf, and perhaps some good faith in me, we can start over on a better foot.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Hey everyone. It's been a while... about 4 years?

I'm the first and original owner of Nintendo Realm, which started as a small Nintendo fan forum way back in January 2011.

Before that, it was known as WiiterNet in 2009... but that's another story.

First I want to say it's nice to see a few familiar usernames, especially queenzelda and Azriel Delacroix, who have carried NR through the years along with the other staff members.

Now for a brief history about Nintendo Realm and an explanation as to why I departed...

When NR first started, I created it as a spinoff of Nintendo Worlds (a large and popular Nintendo fan forum at the time, which I was a member of) but on a smaller scale. I liked managing small forums and it became a hobby. A lot of members from NW joined NR including queenzelda, FyreeTSG, Azriel, Pocketim, Leezy, JamestheFreak, and a bunch of other cool people who all gave huge contributions of their time to the site. NR was a small but close group of members that slowly grew in numbers over time. I met a lot of nice people through forum discussions and late-night chatbox conversations.

Sometime around May and June 2011 NR was merged with another forum called TheGamersVenue which was owned by an admin from Nintendo Worlds. While it was nice to see an upgrade from the MyBB forum software to vBulletin, activity levels dropped and it became apparent that it wasn't working out. Eventually, Nintendo Realm would split from TGV and became it's own identity again in late August 2011.

Then around September 2013, it got to a point where there was a lot of bickering and pressure between me and a few members because of disagreements with the direction the forum was going towards. That's when managing the forum became more like a daily chore for me and no longer the fun community I enjoyed. I got frustrated with all the drama and wanted out as soon as possible.

I sold the forum to Erik and quietly left the site without any notice.

I should have handled the situation far better than what I ended up doing. I kept everyone in the dark and I take full responsibility. It was entirely unfair to the members who breathed life into the forum and made it such a fantastic place. You guys are awesome and made the community. I was just the tech guy trying to keep the site online and ultimately screwed up.

For that, I deeply apologize to all Nintendo Realm members.

I skipped on a lot of history, but any old NR members will know everything that happened over the years. We shared a lot of good times though, and I treasure the memories of GFX contests and wacky forum games. I also want to thank the NR staff who helped me through the ups and downs of forum management.

From what I know, Nintendo Realm had seen another ownership change before moving here. I don't know what's going on with the current ownership, but I like to hope that the forum is in good hands with a brighter future ahead.

I've learned that the key to running a great community forum is to engage with members and be passionate about the topic the forum is about. Be reasonable and work towards a solution that can make the majority happy. It's a delicate balance between being a manager and a fan. Accept help from trusted members when it's offered to you, and work as a team.

I hope all of you are doing well. Also, Chrono Trigger is still a good game.
Spiral

Azriel Delacroix

Verified Member
Spiral said:

Man you are so late to the party I can't decide whether to be pissed off at you or laugh my ass off! Seeing you post again is a trip!

Welcome back boss man!

Man you are so late to the party I can't decide whether to be pissed off at you or laugh my ass off! Seeing you post again is a trip!

Welcome back boss man!
Better late than never! I brought ice cream cake for the party but it's a little stale and the ice cream melted.

It's great seeing you again!

Pocketim

Verified Member
Spiral
Honoured to have been remembered by name!

Y'know, you had something of a thankless job Spiral. Same goes for all the site owners we've had so far. I feel like now I should give you some kind of appreciation while I have the chance though. Our community became something of a trainwreck near the end of your run but that was never of your doing. You ran the tech side perfectly while our community imploded upon itself. Either way, your time spent running Nintendo Realm was unforgettable, and Azriel and I still joke about all that happened over the few years the site was at it's peak and look back at those times fondly. So thanks for doing your bit and helping create with a memorable and close-knit environment that we had so much fun with.

Regarding this thread and all that's happened, I'm perfectly happy with having my account and posts migrated over. My posts were made public to the world with my username attached and via this merger nothing has changed. I'm sure plenty of them are filled with embarrassing shit from my former teenage self, but hey, that's just the reality of posting on forums. However, I don't intend to come back and be a regular again. Since the forum's heyday I've moved out of my parent's house and become a university student. I don't have the same amount of spare time I did back when I was a regular here and there's no way I could keep up that same level of activity, I have a lot of other commitments to manage now.

However I'll also vouch for Azriel to the new site owner. He was one of the most active and best admins from NR and he'd absolutely be a great help to the site. Give him a chance, just like he's willing to give you one.

Azriel Delacroix

Verified Member
Man first Spiral, now Pocket?

If only Volke were here. Or even more surprising Fyree. Or James. Or any other rascals that made NR entertaining.

It's like a big ol' reunion of NR's greats.

Nintendo X

The Legend
Staff member
Hello!

My name is Azriel Delacroix.

I am a long time member of NintendoRealm and was an Administrator of the forum.

That may not mean much anymore considering that we are now under new management, but I beseech you Nintendo X, to heed my words carefully.
Welcome! Welcome! :)
I think everyone needs to calm down and take some serious breathers for god's sake.

I am going to request that the board owner un-ban Queen Zelda, SaintsofLA, and
VuoriLiikaluoma at their quickest convenience.
I am willing to unban them if they can calm down. If not, I will just ban them all over again.
If you want my personal opinion banning people just because they want their account removed or because they acted quite rashly towards a sudden change isn't the best way to maintain order on a forum or encourage membership here.

They can be displeased about things all they like but a ban doesn't seem warranted in my honest opinion.
The ban was my way to substitute deleting the account, so if they want to come back... Like I said, they have to let me know. If not, then it's the "who gives a fuck?" attitude.
Instead I believe this should have been handled by explaining the situation in a calm and rational manner instead of a flurry of rage and bans.
I'm not irrational, and I was not in a fit of rage when I banned them. I was calm. As I explained earlier, a ban is my way of giving them an alternate way to come back, rather than just outright deleting them. By deleting their account, that means all that hard work they've done? It's gone. This ain't my first rodeo.
Furthermore I also request my Administrator's position to be restored if possible.
My motto is this: "Don't ask to be mod or admin." I don't know you, and I'm not one to give away staff positions that easy.
I will gladly help in any efforts to revive our forum and maintain order.

I know it seems rather disrespectful of me as an Ex-Administrator to make these requests of the new owner, but please understand my reasoning - I have known these members for years and how they are as people. In fact Queen Zelda was once an Administrator herself.
Then, take this clean slate as an opportunity. Show me.
Though as an after thought, you probably had no knowledge of her prior position as a Staff Member, and thereby could not have known. Another misunderstanding and easily rectifiable.
Honestly, I don't care. If she can come back as a calm person, then I may change my mind, but as of right now... I don't give a fuck. I'm a nice person, but I have to know that she won't just up and make rash decisions at the whim. I've seen many things over the last century, I have been in forums since 2001. The first time I saw a site and forum was a GameCube website. I started building my own network in 2010. So, this is someone who knows people's behavior patterns just by their posts or attitude. Queen's post came out of the left field if she is a former admin.
However it is just as important that we as Ex-Staff Members treat you, Nintendo X, with equal respect as you did pay for this forum and I am sure you want a return on your investment.

I really believe everyone has gotten off on the wrong foot here.
That's why I bought it. Just because a community is old, does not mean it should be thrown around like a penny.
I ask that you forgive us. Our forum hasn't been the most stable. You would be our third new owner after our original creator and owner, Spiral, sold NintendoRealm without our knowledge or consent.
Thing is, it's up to the owner if he wants to sell it to someone else. There's is no "consent" of users. It's either he wants to sell it or he doesn't. I don't know why he sold it, but it looks like he wanted to wash his hands of the community. I see that the community has been through a failed merge before. I know how that is. I saw it before: An Xbox website was acquired, then was going to merge into another Nintendo forum, but that's how it was "percieved." It was actually about merging the Xbox website with a gaming forum. An all-in-one gaming forum.

At that point, the gaming site needed a diverse community of gamers, and not just Nintendo fans. They needed Xbox fans, and PlayStation fans, but this merge failed because users thought it was a forum war, but it's actually not.
We have grown tired of change and uncertainty.
Well, know this. I'm not going to sell the site. If something unfortunate happens, I will let you know, but I don't foresee it happening. I am enjoying a good year. And I expect that good year to keep rolling. If Nintendo Switch ceases production tomorrow morning - I already have a general gaming forum, so don't worry about it. I already have a plan.
If you will allow some forgiveness on your behalf, and perhaps some good faith in me, we can start over on a better foot.

Thank you.
I have faith in the community, and I can forgive. Just take this as a clean slate and move on.

Yami Yugi

Verified Member
In all honesty, I believe that queenzelda's post is her just saying that she wasn't party to any knowledge of the site being bought out [is how I took it to mean.] So perhaps her words were misconstrued & you assumed the worse of her? I think you still need to have a conversation with her. How can you better understand some one if you'd rather ban them outright instead of working out a problem is what I think. Also I agree with Az on a lot of points. Btw, Spiral it's good to see you post & some things I had no idea about. I thought very highly of you, & am glad to see you post what you have. I appreciate it.

It's good to see you too Yami Yugi. Please send queenzelda my kindest regards for me!

And Pocketim, I wouldn't forget about ya. You were like one of the first 10 or 20 members to have joined NR.

Some other honorable mentions:
Mason
Snarzy
Volke
Goku
Friik
Hayley T
Blitz
Agent Z
Jon
Samus2008
SirLavos
Kai (from WiiterNet)
SHADOWEDINSHRED

NRContributors
Founders

The list goes on. So many names. All great people.

Lady Venom

Verified Member
@Nintendo X: How can you say that you gave her a clean slate when queenzelda is clearly still banned? [According to the interview I had with her.] That's like saying, 'Oh, I'll forgive them & let them prove themselves.' And then don't allow them to do so. It's counter intuitive to the first thing you said. >_>"

Also, Spiral? queenzelda says the following: "Your a little too late for an apology impo. You left the site, after selling it & never went to either Az or I [queenzelda] for any kind of advice, nor did you ask either of us for any kind of help. (From how it came off.) The reason the site was having problems is because Fyree was demanding: DEMANDING that the forum became MORE popular. Posting constantly everyday telling the staff how to run the forum & to MAKE IT the most POPULAR ACTIVE FORUM IN THE UNIVERSE. It became so bad that there were times I just didn't care to come back for a time. All of the staff should have stopped this from happening & backed each other up on decisions. But no, instead you (Spiral) decided to slap your members & fellow admins in the face by 'selling' off your site. All because you didn't know how to deal with(or maybe face?) the drama going on: ON YOUR OWN FORUM. I do genuinely appreciate the apology & I forgive you a long time ago. As a side note, I feel that Nintendo X is a bit too heavy handed with the ban hammer, looking to just get rid of problems instead of dealing with past members who are questioning his new ownership/authority." In an interview I had with her on Discord. She's willing to forgive & forget, but she says that Yami was right in saying that she was merely stating that she was merely posting how she felt. She had no prior knowledge of this site being bought. Yes, she was upset & I can understand where the new admin says that queen should have acted differently, but this site was brought to life without any communication to anyone, past staff or present. She feels (her words) that she has nothing to apologize for because she was honestly shocked after so many years to see it be brought to life & then asked to come back like everything was fine, what's the big deal. Act appropriately, or I'll take your post to mean that your acting like the others who posted first demanding some sort of explanation. "Look, I've never heard about any of this crap." (With the EU members asking to be deleted) queenzelda; "I came on like I was asked; saw others saying how I felt & thought maybe we'd get an explanation. But no, no welcome only a heavy handed ban hammer. All because I misunderstood one post & acted out of turn when the admin could have come to me in a PM & we could have talked more about this. But no, he'd much rather not be bothered with dealing with me. Much like how Channel Awesome execs don't want to deal with their past issues with content creators, they'd rather say they're sorry for how they felt instead of owning up to the things they did. Lord forbid some one actually takes the time & works something out. It's just easier to sweep every thing under the rug. Well, it's fine with me. I hope that the Switch forum is everything you ever wanted to be Nintendo X. But it's not going to be the same as it was."

And.. Yea, I agree. =/ This place isn't the same. And relying on past content won't bring any new blood here, & with the old members demanding answers by just ignoring them.. Isn't going to make this all 'go away'. I hope I'm not the next one banned. But I just might be. I don't know. I do not know the future. I just wanted to post my interview with queenzelda, & see if anything came of it. That is all.

Last edited:

Nintendo X

The Legend
Staff member
@Nintendo X: How can you say that you gave her a clean slate when queenzelda is clearly still banned? [According to the interview I had with her.] That's like saying, 'Oh, I'll forgive them & let them prove themselves.' And then don't allow them to do so. It's counter intuitive to the first thing you said. >_>"
First of all, I just unbanned her. It's not counter intuitive, because now, I see 3 accounts going to the same IP address. @Yami Yugi, @queenzelda, and yourself are using the same IP address. So, that tells me either you guys live in the same WiFi hotspot, or one of you is using the IP address to act as new user. So, which is it? I want you guys to stay, but if you're going to be childish, there's the door.
Also, Spiral? queenzelda says the following: "Your a little too late for an apology impo. You left the site, after selling it & never went to either Az or I [queenzelda] for any kind of advice, nor did you ask either of us for any kind of help. (From how it came off.) The reason the site was having problems is because Fyree was demanding: DEMANDING that the forum became MORE popular. Posting constantly everyday telling the staff how to run the forum & to MAKE IT the most POPULAR ACTIVE FORUM IN THE UNIVERSE. It became so bad that there were times I just didn't care to come back for a time. All of the staff should have stopped this from happening & backed each other up on decisions. But no, instead you (Spiral) decided to slap your members & fellow admins in the face by 'selling' off your site. All because you didn't know how to deal with(or maybe face?) the drama going on: ON YOUR OWN FORUM. I do genuinely appreciate the apology & I forgive you a long time ago.
It's not always easy to do marketing on your own, ya know. It's never easy to try and get people to your site. That's why I spend money on acquiring sites rather than building one. But when drama comes at doorsteps like you just did to Spiral just now, he thought it would be best to sell it. He was trying to explain himself. And all you did was give him a hard time.

I'm also not a big fan of drama. I hate it.
As a side note, I feel that Nintendo X is a bit too heavy handed with the ban hammer, looking to just get rid of problems instead of dealing with past members who are questioning his new ownership/authority." In an interview I had with her on Discord. She's willing to forgive & forget, but she says that Yami was right in saying that she was merely stating that she was merely posting how she felt. She had no prior knowledge of this site being bought. Yes, she was upset & I can understand where the new admin says that queen should have acted differently, but this site was brought to life without any communication to anyone, past staff or present. She feels (her words) that she has nothing to apologize for because she was honestly shocked after so many years to see it be brought to life & then asked to come back like everything was fine, what's the big deal. Act appropriately, or I'll take your post to mean that your acting like the others who posted first demanding some sort of explanation. "Look, I've never heard about any of this crap." (With the EU members asking to be deleted) queenzelda; "I came on like I was asked; saw others saying how I felt & thought maybe we'd get an explanation. But no, no welcome only a heavy handed ban hammer. All because I misunderstood one post & acted out of turn when the admin could have come to me in a PM & we could have talked more about this. But no, he'd much rather not be bothered with dealing with me. Much like how Channel Awesome execs don't want to deal with their past issues with content creators, they'd rather say they're sorry for how they felt instead of owning up to the things they did. Lord forbid some one actually takes the time & works something out. It's just easier to sweep every thing under the rug. Well, it's fine with me. I hope that the Switch forum is everything you ever wanted to be Nintendo X. But it's not going to be the same as it was."
I understand her position, but that's not the way to react to a new owner. The best way to resolve issues is to talk it out. Not just up and say "Yea, I don't want to be a party to this move either. I didn't ask for my content to be moved & I certainly didn't agree to the forum being purchased out from underneath the original owner twice over now either. <.<" When I read these posts, I was confused, angry, frustrated because I spent a lot of money just to buy it.
And.. Yea, I agree. =/ This place isn't the same. And relying on past content won't bring any new blood here, & with the old members demanding answers by just ignoring them.. Isn't going to make this all 'go away'. I hope I'm not the next one banned. But I just might be. I don't know. I do not know the future. I just wanted to post my interview with queenzelda, & see if anything came of it. That is all.
No, don't. Just move on, and chill out. I am not worried about "past content," I mean, I am using it for SEO purposes (it's how Google finds your site). I never intended to keep the "Nintendo Realm" name, the reputation of that site is severely damaged. I just would like to have all of you posting, and have a clean slate.

Like Switch Forum!

Advertisements