• Welcome to SwitchForum.com - The #1 place to talk about Nintendo Switch. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Nintendo Realm's Active Members Contest!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spiral

To show how active Nintendo Realm can be to future members, here's a simple and fun activity contest for everyone. It's easy, just make at least 3 quality posts and/or threads around the forum everyday for a whole week.

You can mix up how you want to post, like for example make at least 2 new posts and 1 new thread, or just 3 posts, or 2 threads and 1 post. It's free however you want to do it!

Good examples of quality posts can be tutorials, guides, gaming news, reviews, a thread we don't have yet that maybe we should have you can create, or something else that can be helpful to others. These posts are very well appreciated in this contest. (Y)
See example

Bad examples would be short sentences, bad spelling, spam, or duplicated posts/threads. These posts will NOT count and are frowned upon.
See example

A few extra rules:

• Do not completely copy-paste anything into a post, such as news from another news site or from another forum thread. All content must be unique by you (some things such as small quotes are okay).
  • No duplicated posts, please search before you post.
  • The following forums will not be counted for quality posts/threads in this contest:
    Special Announcements
    Feedback, Comments, and Suggestions
    Introductions
    all sub-forum tournament forums
    Random Chitter Chatter
    Forum Games
    Graphical Center
    NRContributers

Contest officially starts Sunday, October 9 at 12:00am EST, and ends exactly one week afterward on Sunday, October 16 at 12:00am EST. Remember, you need to make at least 3 posts or threads everyday for the next week for you to stay in the game. If you miss a day or don't make enough posts for that day, then you're out, so don't forget. :nod:

I'll be keeping track of everyone who's participating in this thread (I'm participating too). Remember the rules and quality posting, and good luck!

Spiral

It's not hard at all, just 10-20 minutes of time is all that's required. I just did 3 posts in the WiiWare forum if anyone needs more examples.

FyreeTSG

Banned
I just posted 2 news threads(one in Wii U, and one in 3DS)--and a NEW thread/review on "Happy Hammerin'" for WiiWare

Friik

Verified Member
I'll try this, seems like a challenge for me.
I know it will be, because I usually don't post twice in the same thread, and I've posted everywhere that I've could.

I'll see what happens.

Spiral

The competing members we have in this contest (unless I missed one) are:

Friik
FyreeTSG
JackitK
McJiggy
Spiral

JackitK

Well I'm not sure if they count but I've made at least 3 replies today that were at least well thought out single sentences if not more than one. So I'm not quite sure if I'm still in this or not...
Actually by the time anyone reads this I should have more than 3 replies that are longer than a sentence but I still wonder.

FyreeTSG

Banned
--people should just start 3 NEW threads each day...thats what this contest should be...
3 posts is easy, cause all you have to do is REPLY--
3 NEW threads is better--cause you have to make sure they're well-written, and on a good topic

JackitK

FyreeTSG said:
--people should just start 3 NEW threads each day...thats what this contest should be...
3 NEW threads is better--cause you have to make sure they're well-written, and on a good topic
Plus it's easier to tell if it is "well-written" or not if it's just a thread rather than a reply to a thread. But that's basically what you're saying from my mind's standpoint.

I keep getting unsure if I'm in or not because I don't know what kind of reply would count as a "quality post".

FyreeTSG

Banned
McJiggy said:
The lack of people making new threads and posts makes me not wanting to do this.

yeah--I hear you...but I just go about my routine...

Maybe this site needs more advertising...or more ways of getting it's name out there.

How many followers does it have on twitter?

how about the FB page??

Spiral

JackitK said:
Well I'm not sure if they count but I've made at least 3 replies today that were at least well thought out single sentences if not more than one. So I'm not quite sure if I'm still in this or not...
Actually by the time anyone reads this I should have more than 3 replies that are longer than a sentence but I still wonder.

You're doing fine, basically any post that's not just "cool" or "okay" is alright.

FyreeTSG said:

It was tried before and failed, I thought I was making it even easier by doing 3 threads or replies to posts, but it seems that is difficult too sometimes.

McJiggy said:
The lack of people making new threads and posts makes me not wanting to do this.

Shouldn't let others stop you from posting, what's the point of advertising a forum if it's always inactive? That's the whole point of this contest, to show others that this forum is alive and well, can't advertise something that appears to be inactive or even dead, as no one will want to join it or stick around for long. This is a contest to award everyone who participates just for being an active member, but if people start dropping out now, then the future of NR won't be looking so bright...

Mason

Verified Member
Well I would've but I haven't been able to get on in a whole untill yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.