• Welcome to SwitchForum.com - The #1 place to talk about Nintendo Switch. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Nooks!

FyreeTSG

Thread starter #1
Nooks!​

What version of Nook's do you have in your town?

How often do you go to Nook's?
Do you Love/Hate Nook?

I like him--he's nice cause he gives you bells, ALTHOUGH I hate the re-sale value of everything, cause he's cheap.

I've had Nookington's since like early August--barely a month after I got City Folk...

Here's a funny little factoid:

Tom Nook (T. Nook) is actually a "Tanuki/Tanooki"--which is a Japanese "Raccoon-Dog" of mythical origin...
Tanuki's have some magical abilities--like being able to turn things into leaves--which happens in ACCF when you have a piece of Furniture in your pocket...

this is ALSO a reference to SMB3's "Tanooki Mario" and "Raccoon Mario"--when Mario gets a "Super Leaf" he becomes Raccoon Mario--
And when he gets a Tanooki Suit, he can magically turn into a Statue...

ALSO there's a Raccoon figure (furniture item) in ACCF--which is actually a statue of a Tanooki

(all 3 members of the Nook family have the Initial: "T. Nook"--which is "Tanooki" missing the vowels)

Leezy

I go to Nook's most days that I'm on Animal Crossing to check out what he's got in store.
I like him, except I wish he said different things every time I talked to him, because he usually says the same thing.
And nice fact, there. =P

JackitK

Nice little fact there. Well I don't really play Animal Crossing that much any more but he did look pretty cute in that latest Brawl in the Family comic arch. :)
http://brawlinthefamily.keenspot.com/2011/02/22/313-cocoon-academy-part-3/

what? o_O
--- oh lol okay i know :p

Leezy, he does talks sometimes, generally while the Episodes are rolling. And supposedly, Sable knows all kinds of stories about Nook's youth, but i don't know any.

JackitK

FyreeTSG said:
everyone read my "Little Factoid" about Nook??

I love that he's a Tanooki!! :D
Of course we did, all good forum members should at least have the common sense to read the first post of a thread... right?

Volke

Verified Member
I only have the little version of Nooks, but I do still visit the shop whenever I get the chance to

FyreeTSG

Thread starter #11
I mainly buy things if a neighbor needs one, or if it's a "Showcase" item--or part of a set I don't have yet.

typically just flowers, and then I hit the Nook Point machine to get my 3 visitor pts every day

FyreeTSG

Thread starter #13
the machine in the corner, by the door---
you get 1 point for every 100 bells spent, and you can use them to purchase RARE items, like a Mario Kart, Yoshi Egg, etc.

FyreeTSG

Thread starter #15
WOW! then you probably have ALOT of saved up Nook Points (Y)

There's a 5x Points day on Saturday--FINALLY! Now I can get the points to get the LAST thing I need, MIDNA'S MASK!

Like Switch Forum!

Advertisements