• Welcome to SwitchForum.com - The #1 place to talk about Nintendo Switch. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Not Looking like an All-Star?

FyreeTSG

Banned
NOT GETTING THE ALL-STAR TREATMENT?

I just saw what I think may be a possible "Nail in the coffin" for Sony's hopeful "saving grace" game--PSASBR.

It looks as if the game's preorders haven't been quite what one would think such a potentially HUGE game. With only three months away from release there have only been 16,696 preorders--and not enough recent help, as in the past week there's only been another 1,139 preorders.

When those numbers are compared to THE LAST OF US, which launches next year--and already has nearly twice the preorders(35,265 so far), what does that say about the pre-hype and immediate attention PSASBR is getting. Not to call out the game, or go into any sort of negative route--but when a game that's being touted as what it MIGHT be(anything close to the popularity of SSBB would be wonderful), it's not looking like it will live up to the hype, possibly.

And apparently Sony will offer a FREE copy of the Vita version of PSASBR to those who buy one for PS3--and there looks to be a bonus for preorders of extra costumes for certain characters.

What does this say for Sony's future--with seemingly a large amount of their focus on dealing with financial downfall, Vita sales an almost non-factor, and now the low hope for PSASBR--one has to be hopeful, really hopeful.

---FyreeTSG

Source:
nonspecificaction.co.uk

JamestheFreak

This game is going to suck and sell horribly, for fΰck sakes they're using Donte from that horrible DmC reboot instead of the Dante everyone loves.

FyreeTSG

Banned
I'm not saying it's going to "suck"--but I AM going to say that it has BIG shoes to fill, if anyone wants to look at the numbers for what Nintendo's SSB series has done over the years.

Even SSBB, which sold 10.79 million copies(best of the series), was GREATLY hyped--but it's not even THAT high on the top-selling Wii games. And I doubt PSASBR will even sell HALF of that total.
(BTW: SSB--5 million, SSBM--7.09 million copies sold respectively)

Not comparing, or trying not to BTW, but PSASBR needs all it can get in terms of well-known characters, and things to bring back the fans they've lost recently.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Jadesamson1997 Looking for new switch friends Friend Exchange 0
MercyValues What PlayStation 5 game are you looking forward to? Sony PlayStation 0
Rayxner Looking for fellow ANIMAL CROSSING: NH players Friend Exchange 2
P Looking for a Nintendo Switch Clan? Presenting: TeamRDYK! Friend Exchange 0
M Looking for online players Friend Exchange 1
S Looking for help / advice for headphones - microphone Nintendo Switch General Discussion 3
Azriel Delacroix AC:NL - Looking for stuff! Nintendo 3DS Discussion 1
Wilbo Which Wii U game are you most looking forward to? Nintendo Wii U Discussion 15
O I'm new and looking fur some friends. (`・ω・´)” Friend Exchange 1
J3RM15H I'm looking for 3DS friends =) Friend Exchange 0
D Looking to play online and swap note :) Friend Exchange 0
BleedTheFreak New Member Looking For Friends! Friend Exchange 6
Samus2008 looking for art! Nintendo 3DS Discussion 6
S Looking for some fun friends! Friend Exchange 2
T New! Looking for 3DS Friends! Friend Exchange 2
anga New here, looking for friends Friend Exchange 11
Her_Demure Brand new member looking for Friend codes Friend Exchange 9
D New and looking for friends Friend Exchange 2
KRICH24 Looking for friends for online gaming and swapnote. Friend Exchange 13
F Solid-Looking PS4 Tech Specs Detailed: Sony PlayStation 0
F Sony Looking to Sell US HQ Sony PlayStation 3
N New here, looking for friends c: Friend Exchange 30
F Rumor: Nintendo Looking to Buy? Gaming News 12
Mason Looking for a trade? Nintendo 3DS Discussion 0
F What are You looking forward to? Nintendo 3DS Discussion 5
F What games are you looking for? Nintendo 3DS Discussion 10
Erik Style Savvy: Styling Star launches for Nintendo 3DS on Dec. 25 Gaming News 0
Erik New Developer Interview: Get the inside story behind the making of Kirby Super Star Gaming News 0
Erik Redeem your My Nintendo points for new Star Fox themed rewards and more! Gaming News 0
Erik Redeem your My Nintendo points for new Star Fox themed rewards and more! Gaming News 0
Nintendo X Official Thread Fate/Extella: The Umbral Star Nintendo Switch Games 1
Erik Nintendo Power Exclusive: Sci-fi hit Phantasy Star Ø for the DS! Gaming News 0
Erik Be a hero in Star Fox Zero! Gaming News 0
F PSASBR Roster: Who's Your All Star? Sony PlayStation 9
queenzelda Paper Mario Sticker Star (my review) Nintendo 3DS Discussion 1
F Paper Mario: Sticker Star!! Nintendo 3DS Discussion 36
F Capcom Suffers "All-Star" Loss Gaming News 4
zluigi56 34 Minutes of Paper Mario: Sticker Star!! Nintendo 3DS Discussion 1
Keldeo Kirby Super Star Ultra Other Nintendo Consoles & Handhelds 3
F Star Wars Games? Video Games 13
bejay-star Beejay-Star Sigs and Avi's Graphics Center 143
F Rumor: Potential All-Star Roster Member? Sony PlayStation 7
Spiral E3 2012 Nintendo - Paper Mario: Sticker Star Trailer Gaming News 9
SoulNinja MKWii vs Sonic and Sega All Star Racing. Video Games 11