• Welcome to SwitchForum.com - The #1 place to talk about Nintendo Switch. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Not Your Ordinary Haunting: Let's Play The Witch's House

Jason Alan

Verified Member
Disclaimer: This thread flagged for my own cursing because I'm an easily startled mammal, and horror themes and grotesque imagery, as with pretty much all of these.

Nothing any worse than Misao, so it's just like, obviously I'll mention it once and then it's just okay yeah let's get to me reacting verbally with various pitched vocal responses to surprising and scary things.

"The Witch's House (Majo no Ie) is a freeware puzzle-oriented horror game by Fummy, made with RPG Maker VX. A young girl named Viola has gone to visit her friend, Ellen, who lives in the woods. However, those same woods are said to be haunted by a witch who kidnaps children. When Viola finds her way blocked by magical roses, it seems that her only option is to enter the titular witch's house and find a way to break the spell." - The Witch's House TVTropes page

I like the atmosphere of this game, and what soundtrack there is is effective (at least against me). It might be a favorite because some of the things it does were things I wasn't expecting, including some things for backtracking or one-time (apparently) things you can miss. The puzzles are also generally neat and make sense. I hope you lot enjoy it as much as I did.

Find the full playlist here. Updates as the thread does.

The Witch's House (1/5) - Fatal Furnishings

They want us dead. How unhospitable. How unruly.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jason Alan

Verified Member
The Witch's House (2/5) - A Cat Statue

I think the head moved.

Jason Alan

Verified Member
The Witch's House (3/5) - Musical Mausoleum

That's quite a nice mass grave you have there. It would be a shame if someone were to inhabit it.

Jason Alan

Verified Member
The Witch's House (4/5) - The Skull Beneath the Skin

And beneath the garden. That's some Megadeth for ya. Pardon the buffoonery with the puzzle. Let's see if you can figure it out before I did!

Jason Alan

Verified Member
So I disappeared for a bit and I apologize to the few whose interest I keep. Looks like I'm running very short on vidos left to post. I should get on that.

The Witch's House (5/5) - The Garden of Bleeden

My jokes are simply tragic, much like something else in this video. Emoootiiiooons. I feel a lot of them. Thank you for joining. I hope you've enjoyed!