• Welcome to SwitchForum.com - The #1 place to talk about Nintendo Switch. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Paper Mario: Sticker Star!!

FyreeTSG

Banned
Who else got, or plans on getting PAPER MARIO: STICKER STAR?

How do you like it?

Discuss it here(nothing TOO negative please)

I got it earlier today @ gamestop--pre-ordered 11 months 1 week ago, it was nice to FINALLY get--and I got a cool BIG Wall Decal:

a couple of the more intriguing things I noticed was on the cover were a Sticker that looked like the FROG suit from SMB3, and one that looked like KURIBO'S SHOE from SMB3 as well--which has me wonder when THOSE stickers come into play--

I do recommend this game BTW--cause it plays a lot like the old PM--you can only keep up to 20 stickers in your ALBUM, but they're scattered throughout each area you explore, and you get more by slamming your hammer onto blocks, bricks and plants--and buying more at the shop(s) for coins.

I'll get a strategy guide ASAP(saying I had one for each of the first 2 PM games)--and it's the kind of game where a guide is UBER handy

JackitK

I'm not planning on getting it. I don't quite like the things I've heard about the game and rather save the money for other investments. However, for the sake of the fans I hope it's better than what I've heard. I know at least one of my siblings has been looking forward to this game since its first announcement.

I find it hard to imagine how much like an RPG it plays when you don't level-up and hopefully people have an easier time keeping track of their stickers than what I've heard.

FyreeTSG

Banned
you'll level up--you start w/ 20 HP--and the baddies get harder, so I'd assume you WOULD get more health as the game progresses...don't judge it solely on a few negative opinions

but I recommend it, it's a really good game so far, and I can't wait to see how many different stickers are in it.

JackitK

FyreeTSG said:
you'll level up--you start w/ 20 HP--and the baddies get harder, so I'd assume you WOULD get more health as the game progresses...don't judge it solely on a few negative opinions

but I recommend it, it's a really good game so far, and I can't wait to see how many different stickers are in it.
I'm not basing my thoughts solely on opinions. I've actually seen quite a bit of the game. As for the level question, technically you don't level-up in the game. You find stat boost items frequent enough to replace leveling up.

Again, I'm sure it's not the worst game in the world, it just doesn't seem like it appeals to me enough to buy it and the changes aren't enjoyable enough to justify a purchase for me.

FyreeTSG

Banned
well, I'd think you'd get more than 20 HP--I don't really care about leveling-up per-se, just so long as i'm not getting killed...you do get mushroom stickers which replenish 30 HP, and every place w/ a save spot has a Heart Box--which recovers you 100%, and you'll occasionally get another heart while exploring, or after a battle

I really wanna know if the Frog Suit and Kuribo's Shoe really are stickers

JackitK

Yeah. I am curious how difficult the game can and if you would ever get to a point where you didn't even have a reason to fight battles that weren't bosses.

FyreeTSG

Banned
you don't have to fight every baddie you run into--but you get coins from each fight, which you can use to buy more stickers...
I have a feeling this'll be all I play on 3DS for a while

queenzelda

Verified Member
I've actually been able to lvl up Mario to have at least 30 some HP am in my file. What you do in order to lvl up Mario (for me) the first time is;
to find your way down the pipe tunnel & find a pipe missing. Once you find the missing pipe in an upper lvl that you open by using the [y button] stickerizer(or whatever lol) function & place the sticker of a fan there. Once inside you'll find 4 blocks & the code to open the blocks a toad (that is lost further inside the forest) knows the code; but I know it as it's 4-1-2-3. or as the toad would tell you; "Foron todre." (Er something of the sort. xp) Once you stickerize [y button] the pipe you find under the cave onto the missing pipe; & enter the pipe your then set into a boss battle against a HUGE buzzy beetle. Once he's defeated (& this guy is pie compared to other bosses I've fought thus far) you get an HP boost.

The second way I found to get Mario an HP boost is;
there's a Toad weeping in the bloom garden (basically a garden area) and if you have 3 different kind of fire flower stickers; stickerize the area using the [y button] then place the fire flowers inside the spots that you see are available to place stickers on. Once done the flower field will bloom more fire flower stickers for Mario's use & ON TOP OF THAT the Toad will then hand Mario over an HP boost.

Personally; I like it I feel more like I'm WORKING for my HP boost then when I was when Mario was just defeating baddies like in the last few games. Though in a way, I can see how with some fans that would be a turn off; but personally I think it gives the game a bit of an edge as if you don't want to find the HP boosts for Mario you don't have to & thus make this game more of a challenge if you'd like. Something else I like about this version of the game is that if Mario finishes out a lvl by getting the royal sticker; if you stomp or hit monsters with his hammer the baddies are defeated & you can get easy coinage that way.

What I don't like; personally.. Is the world map; as it feels more like a mix of a Super Mario game & Paper Mario since Mario seems to be on his own for this title... Not to mention the fact that when ever Mario is on the world map the game constantly tells you that if your tired don't forget to save & rest when ever your too tired to continue playing. THAT annoys the heck out of me; it's like Nintendo is treating me like I'm their kid & I'm like um; hello I'm an adult here.... It would be nice if Nintendo would be considerate enough to place some sort of adult/child setting in these games & not just generalize that every person is a 'kid' who plays their games... -_- Beyond that I'm pretty impressed with the game so far. :3

FyreeTSG

Banned
well the "feel like taking a rest?" thing is standard in a lot of games now--cause kids play too many video games compared to when I was a kid.

I'm at 55 HP right now--and have been getting a lot of help from the gamefaq's boards for the game--nearly through World 3--but still have to go back to finish World 2(playing worlds THIS much out of order throws me off).

I'm loving all the throwbacks to past Mario games---the Leaf(which does nothing BTW) is a nice 20 coin resale at the Sticker Shops--

I won't go too much into SPOILING it for those not as far as I am...but I'm making a lot of progress..

queenzelda

Verified Member
FyreeTSG said:
well the "feel like taking a rest?" thing is standard in a lot of games now--cause kids play too many video games compared to when I was a kid.
Yea but I'M not a kid & well your not either. xD So it would be nice to add in an adult/child addon. Like when ever you watch a nintnedo video & you can't watch it unless you put in what your birthday is & then after it's entered only then could it be watched. So yea; something like THAT would be great.. :p

Still wow sounds like you got pretty far der Fyree. :3

FyreeTSG

Banned
got my 2nd Royal Sticker!! beating World 3's boss...

well the reason games add the "rest?" option is, again, for kids, sure it's kinda annoying--but thats just because people TODAY have so many electronics, and are too dependent on them
(but that's another topic)

yeah, those boards on gamefaq's are UBER handy...and I love the different THINGS you find, cause you can stickerize them and use em' in fights(which came in HANDY against World 3's boss)

FyreeTSG

Banned
4 Royal Sticker so far!! having a lot of fun in the game--and easily addictive
PLUS it's cracked the #9 spot in my top 10 3DS titles played--

queenzelda

Verified Member
I keep traveling from world 2 to world 3 so I keep getting distracted from which world I should be focusing on. xp It's hard for me when I get stuck figuring out one area & want to explore the other... So yea; I've still got one royal sticker & am going between worlds 2 & 3 atm.. ^^;

FyreeTSG

Banned
yeah, you need some of the ITEMS you find to get through certain areas--and past certain baddies...
I'm in world 6, ready to take on Bowser.

DON'T CLICK BELOW--SPOILER!!
Do you know about the Blue Secret door Stickers?

WAFFLEKID

Verified Member
I see if I don't find some HP boosts, i'm going to have a LOT of trouble with enemies as I progress.

FyreeTSG

Banned
There are quite a few in the game, just have to lookfor em, if u need help finding them lemme know--I got a strategy guide

gamer300

I like this game ;3
Was a bit sceptical first but its actually pretty fun.

Though im stuck at the moment. In the dessert where you have to look for the scraps of this table thing. I found 2 of them but i can't find the last.

queenzelda

Verified Member
gamer300 said:
I like this game ;3
Was a bit sceptical first but its actually pretty fun.

Though im stuck at the moment. In the dessert where you have to look for the scraps of this table thing. I found 2 of them but i can't find the last.
Where did you find the first two? I can help you find the last piece if I know which area's you found your 2 pieces at first.

Like Switch Forum!

Advertisements