• Welcome to SwitchForum.com - The #1 place to talk about Nintendo Switch. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Poll: Smash Bros controller

Which controller do you prefer playing Smash Bros. with?

• Total voters

Erik

Verified Member
Thread starter #1
What controller do you prefer using when you play smash bros.?

I remember when it came out for Wii most of the people I know used GameCube controllers because we liked them better than the Wii gamepad and of course using the motion controller is impossible. That and we all had a couple lying around already.

I may as well make this a poll!

Mason

Verified Member
I used the GC controller because I was most comfortable with it from playing Melee. I also found it a little difficult to play with the wiimote. In any case I was way better playing with the GC one.

Erik

Verified Member
Thread starter #3
Yeah I don't think many people who played smash bros. a lot used the Wiimote but I was talking about this thing when I wrote wii gamepad:

I should probably add the wiimote as an option in the poll also though!

Mason

Verified Member
I didn't even pay attention to that part too close. I call that the Classic Controller anyways though.

Wilbo

Verified Member
The gamecube controller is hands down the definitive way to play smash. But the classic controller is a very close second. I'm really looking forward to playing the new smash using the Wii U pro classic controller..looks like an awesome controller! Haven't actually tried it out yet..waiting for Smash to justify the purchase.

WAFFLEKID

Verified Member
I prefer the Wii-mote since that is the only thing I have ever used when playing a Smash Bros. title

Grooms

WAFFLEKID said:
I prefer the Wii-mote since that is the only thing I have ever used when playing a Smash Bros. title
I guess if Brawl was your first game, then you'd prefer the Wiimote over any other controller, but I prefer the Gamecube controller since I played so much Melee, and then when Brawl came out I didn't even give the Wiimote a chance when I learned you could still use Gamecube controllers.

I remember the first time i played Super Smash Bros. I used a N64 but it was't as comfortable as the GC's controller it was a better feel and a more classic controller design. I'd Prefer the GameCube over the N64 or any other Nintendo console any day. With games like Mario Cart Double Dash, Paper Mario(The BEST), Super Mario Sunshine, and games like Metroid Prime, It's an all time favorite of many people over the world, but sadly no it was discontinued and there like hundreds of dollars..... So yea

SirRidge

Verified Member
I spent enough time on Brawl playing with a Wiimote and nunchuk, so I feel like I'm competent with that setup.

But I still prefer the Gamecube controller. I'm not sure why, it just feels right...

Erik

Verified Member
Thread starter #10
I remember the first time i played Super Smash Bros. I used a N64 but it was't as comfortable as the GC's controller it was a better feel and a more classic controller design. I'd Prefer the GameCube over the N64 or any other Nintendo console any day. With games like Mario Cart Double Dash, Paper Mario(The BEST), Super Mario Sunshine, and games like Metroid Prime, It's an all time favorite of many people over the world, but sadly no it was discontinued and there like hundreds of dollars..... So yea
The GameCube definitely had some great games. Super Mario Sunshine was one of my favorites. I loved all the neat things you could do with the waterpack. I never played any of the Paper Mario games though, the whole 2D concept never really appealed to me as a kid or now.

What is it that costs hundreds of dollars? The GameCube, games, and accessories can all be found for quite cheap secondhand the last time I checked.

Pocketim

Verified Member
I've always used the Gamecube controller simply due to me playing a lot of Melee and only occasionally playing Brawl when my friend brought over his copy during our gaming afternoons. The one thing that drove me insane about the Gamecube controller however was how you couldn't use the D-pad to move. I've always preferred using a D-pad for 2D games, and actions like double-tapping to run and tapping up to jump just never felt natural to me with an analogue stick. If when Smash for Wii U comes out it doesn't let me use the D-pad on the pro controller to move, I might give the Wii Remote another chance based on that alone.

Like Switch Forum!

Advertisements