• Welcome to SwitchForum.com - The #1 place to talk about Nintendo Switch. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Possible classic HD remakes!

Wilbo

Verified Member
Thread starter #1
Somewhat of a rumour, but at this point it looks fairly certain that we'll be seeing more HD remakes, similar to Windwaker HD hitting the Wii U in the not too distant future! Shigeru Miyamoto hinted that there could be a variety of N64 HD remakes, as well as possibly remakes of Super Mario Sunshine, and Galaxy.. What are your thoughts on this? Is it too soon for a Galaxy update? Which N64 titles would you guys like to see revamped in HD?

Link: http://paulgalenetwork.com/home/2013/10/24/nintendos-reumagined-series-for-wii-u-is-not-limited-to-just-nintendo-64-titles-super-mario-sunshine-and-super-mario-galaxy-are-possible-candidates-for-hd-remakes-says-shigeru-miyamoto/

Erik

Verified Member
There is definitely a market for old games to get remade on new consoles or to fix up the technical glitches but keep the rest of the game the same. Similar to the Pokemon series or Age of Empires HD (which remade the game with multiplayer on Steam)

http://www.ageofempires.com/age2.html

jvgsjeff

Verified Member
I'm not really a fan of remakes. If I own the original game on the original system, I'm generally not going to buy the same game again. I know not everyone had the original games (and some people don't mind buying the same game over and over), so I can understand the desire for remakes, but they rarely interest me personally. As for N64 remakes, about the only ones I would consider buying would be Donkey Kong 64 and perhaps Super Mario 64.

Wilbo

Verified Member
Thread starter #4
I would love to see a Donkey Kong 64 remake as well..although I'm not sure how that would work seeing as Rare left Nintendo..not sure if they'd be allowed to remake that or not. Super mario 64 would be great to see in HD as well. I'd also LOVE to see Majora's mask in HD. And also Pokemon snap for the Wii U. The gamepad seems like the perfect accompaniment in conjunction with the game. They would gel so well together in my opinion.

Erik

Verified Member
jvgsjeff said:
I'm not really a fan of remakes. If I own the original game on the original system, I'm generally not going to buy the same game again. I know not everyone had the original games (and some people don't mind buying the same game over and over), so I can understand the desire for remakes, but they rarely interest me personally. As for N64 remakes, about the only ones I would consider buying would be Donkey Kong 64 and perhaps Super Mario 64.
I'm not a fan of rebuying stuff I already own either but sometimes I give in because in the case of older consoles it is easier for me to buy a new version compatible with a current generation console than it is for me to dig up my old N64 (does it even still work?) and try to play the game on that.

Wilbo said:
I would love to see a Donkey Kong 64 remake as well..although I'm not sure how that would work seeing as Rare left Nintendo..not sure if they'd be allowed to remake that or not. Super mario 64 would be great to see in HD as well. I'd also LOVE to see Majora's mask in HD. And also Pokemon snap for the Wii U. The gamepad seems like the perfect accompaniment in conjunction with the game. They would gel so well together in my opinion.
Well publishers usually retain the rights to the game even if a studio decides to leave that publisher. This is why you often see sequels to popular games released by publishers even though they original development studio has left.

Like Switch Forum!

Advertisements