• Welcome to SwitchForum.com - The #1 place to talk about Nintendo Switch. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Racing game suggestion

ChoachMcGoach

Hi. I am looking for a racing game that you earn money and you use the money earned to buy new cars and/or upgrade your cars etc? Anything like that on switch? Any recommendations? Thanks in advance!

MrShadow

Hi. I am looking for a racing game that you earn money and you use the money earned to buy new cars and/or upgrade your cars etc? Anything like that on switch? Any recommendations? Thanks in advance!
hi, there is burnout paradise remastered,i got this recently on the offers part of the nintendo estore for £10 i think. obviously its no assetto corsa competizione or FORZA horizon or project cars (they may end up being suitable to play on the steam deck anyway next year i havent checked,thats assuming you had those few and you were getting the steam deck at some point) but ive never in my life played burnout paradise like some people i know and they told me they really enjoyed the game and found it addictive.

so to me-this remastered version is actualy rather good,difficult to put down and controls wise its very responsive on the switch setup,im not a fan of the soundtrack as its focusing almost entirely on classic rock-im a fan of rock and metal but i woud have prefered some variety and a dance option be thrown in but overall the game can be relaxing, akin to being on FORZA horizon but not quite all the way-the map understandably isnt as big for one thing,but you can take it easy just driving round everywhere for hours or actualy enjoy the competition and improving your cars.

theres also one (if not more) of the need for speed games on the switch,i spotted it come up on the offers page but itll probably be gone off that now i think.
-----
ive just had a look on my switch and it says theyve only got NFS hot pursuit remastered,and its £35 in the UK.
on my steam account ive only got NFS heat-never played any other NFS, but they seem pretty good if you are ok with that sort of driving game.

i got gear club unlimited recently thinking it was related to drive club (its not), and its awful, its on a par with low to mid range smart phone racing games, it looks low quality and movements never feel connected to the car, but i only got it for £2 i think,something like that on the offers page.

a couple of other games to check out that are both on PC/steam as well- WRC 9 FIA world rally championship,which is £45,and carX drift racing online-which is £22 and costs something like £8.99 a month,the game itself is cheaper on a windows based laptop/PC though,id 'heart' it and wait for offers to come up on this.

i hope this helps.

ChoachMcGoach

hi, there is burnout paradise remastered,i got this recently on the offers part of the nintendo estore for £10 i think. obviously its no assetto corsa competizione or FORZA horizon or project cars (they may end up being suitable to play on the steam deck anyway next year i havent checked,thats assuming you had those few and you were getting the steam deck at some point) but ive never in my life played burnout paradise like some people i know and they told me they really enjoyed the game and found it addictive.

so to me-this remastered version is actualy rather good,difficult to put down and controls wise its very responsive on the switch setup,im not a fan of the soundtrack as its focusing almost entirely on classic rock-im a fan of rock and metal but i woud have prefered some variety and a dance option be thrown in but overall the game can be relaxing, akin to being on FORZA horizon but not quite all the way-the map understandably isnt as big for one thing,but you can take it easy just driving round everywhere for hours or actualy enjoy the competition and improving your cars.

theres also one (if not more) of the need for speed games on the switch,i spotted it come up on the offers page but itll probably be gone off that now i think.
-----
ive just had a look on my switch and it says theyve only got NFS hot pursuit remastered,and its £35 in the UK.
on my steam account ive only got NFS heat-never played any other NFS, but they seem pretty good if you are ok with that sort of driving game.

i got gear club unlimited recently thinking it was related to drive club (its not), and its awful, its on a par with low to mid range smart phone racing games, it looks low quality and movements never feel connected to the car, but i only got it for £2 i think,something like that on the offers page.

a couple of other games to check out that are both on PC/steam as well- WRC 9 FIA world rally championship,which is £45,and carX drift racing online-which is £22 and costs something like £8.99 a month,the game itself is cheaper on a windows based laptop/PC though,id 'heart' it and wait for offers to come up on this.

i hope this helps.
Thanks so much for taking the time to type this all out. I should take another look at Burnout Paradise. I remember having it on Xbox 360 several years back and not really loving it. I can’t remember why though.
Yah I picked up Need for Speed Hot Pursuit from the offers around Black Friday. It’s ok. It’s fun but it’s just a progressive unlocking format rather than me choosing how I would like to spend earnings or whatever.
Are any of the Forza’s available on switch? I’ve always heard good things about those but have never played any of them.
Thanks again for the info.