• Welcome to SwitchForum.com - The #1 place to talk about Nintendo Switch. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Rumor: Nintendo Looking to Buy?

FyreeTSG

Banned
A "RARE" OPPORTUNITY?

Okay--if this is just a rumor then we can all take a moment to dream once again.

There's a good chance that Nintendo is looking to buy back RARE from Microsoft as another shot to get back BANJO & KAZOOIE, and pick up where they left off at the end of the N64-Era.

According to the anonymous tipster, Nintendo is in negotiations to bring back what made the N64's 3rd-Party lineup extremely HUGE, in hopes to bolster the Wii U's potential library. Cause we all know another BIG game from Rare would be HUGE for the upcoming console.

This is ALL rumor, and until there's some sort of an announcement from Nintendo, Rare, or Microsoft--it's ALL doubtful.

Microsoft IS currently occupied with determining if they're going to buy Activision Blizzard from Vivendi, which is selling their 61% share of the Guitar Hero/Tony Hawk/Diablo studio--which opens up more negotiations, and could give Nintendo an opportunity to get Rare back.

----FyreeTSG

Source:
ZI.com

FyreeTSG

Banned
and there's the opinion I expected..

I'm HAPPY--although there's no confirmation--if Nintendo CAN manage to buy Rare back, it would give us a chance to get Banjo & Kazooie, Goldeneye 007, and other titles on the eShop...

JamestheFreak

Not an opinion, this is a fact.

Rare became crap after the N64 and after the founding members, the Staple brothers left. All they do now is make shovelware kinect games.

FyreeTSG

Banned
so what? If Nintendo can secure another decent company for exclusive games, it'll help a lot...

Anyone besides James have a positive opinion??

JamestheFreak

I'd only approve of this if they only take the rights to Rare's IPs and have Retro make Banjo-Threeie.

We only need the rights, Nintendo can have their developers make the games.

FyreeTSG

Banned
Did you read the source article:

Of course, this rumor doesn’t stop there - it goes as far as to suggest that Retro Studios is actually deep into development on a Banjo and Kazooie title, and that the talks with Microsoft have been ongoing for some time.

Azriel Delacroix

Verified Member
James has a point here, and we already had ourselves a James Bond 007 Goldeneye remake for Wii, PS3, and Xbox360. I doubt they'd release the game on any eShop after that. As far as Banjo Kazooie goes, Microsoft ownership brought us Nuts & Bolts. So if there is a BanjoKazooie title already in development, my money is on it being something similar to Nuts & Bolts as by now they're probably already in too deep into production to go back and change stuff around.

This was the problem of Duke Nukem Forever. They changed a lot of stuff while not bothering to re-work what was already in from the last time the former studios 3D Realms was working on it.

FyreeTSG

Banned
it wasn't an EXACT remake of N64's Goldeneye, and if Nintendo did buy Rare, we COULD get it on the eShop--but, again, this is ALL rumor....!

and they wouldn't have to "go back and change things"---if Nintendo were to buy Rare, ANY games would be coming to Wii U, and not Wii--which is graphically on-par, possibly better, than whatever platform they'd be planning on releasing NEW games on anyways...

Mason

Verified Member
Honestly I never plate Banjo Kazooie game but have seen the RARE logo on a bunch of my N64 games. I know they helped make DK64 which is a game I loved. If they do buy RARE it's all according to what games they make. Remakes of old games would have the possibility of selling pretty well.

FyreeTSG

Banned
DK64 is 100% Nintendo owned---Rare developed it--

but yeah, I'd love to see what Rare could do on a Nintendo console again...