• Welcome to SwitchForum.com - The #1 place to talk about Nintendo Switch. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Rumors Abound! 3DSXL??

FyreeTSG

Banned
Give those many, many people with far too much free time on their hands some credit...

But the latest rumor floating out there is that Nintendo, sometime in 2012, will debut a NEW 3DS.

What exactly?

How about a 3DSXL...?

Not much has been confirmed, as far as I know, but it seems "possible"--especially with the recent unveiling of the 3DS' SECOND-Analog stick that will be bundled w/ the upcoming "MONSTER HUNTER TRI G"--See: Monster Hunter 3DS...

Looking at the picture of the 3DS w/ attached 2nd Analog DOES look alot like the DSiXL (and kind of like the Wii U Touchscreen a bit as well)--which brings more thoughts about Nintendo's potential approach into the NEXT generation of gaming.

Either way, a 3DSXL should satisfy a few "picky", and not-yet willing consumers, who may be looking for a bit "more" in a 3DS.

We'll just have to play the waiting game, which we all should be "Pro's" at by now--especially when dealing with rumors about Nintendo's upcoming, well, EVERYTHING.

----FyreeTSG

JamestheFreak

If they add a second stick it will print money. I also heard some people have problems that their screens get scratches easily so they might do something about that too.

FyreeTSG

Banned
get a screen protector...$5 @ target...:D

I could see this, NOT just as a "satisfying" option for some, but as a way to lead to more POSSIBLE other 3DS re-do's...like a LITE, and so on

FyreeTSG

Banned
yeah...and this is probably what will get the "ball" rolling...
it'll probably be sometime in 2012---but it'll give the 3DS' "potential" buyers something to look forward to

JamestheFreak

Btw about the screen thing, protectors won't work. The screens get scratched just from opening and closing the 3DS. I also heard people say how their screens get scratches when you have then in your pockets. Kind of ruins the whole portability thing.

FyreeTSG

Banned
well that's no one's fault but their own---the thing ain't cheap to replace, so take better care of it...
and Screen Protectors SHOULD work....
--------------------
Back On topic:

When would you expect a 3DSXL to come out?

JamestheFreak

Its not their fault though, its NINTENDO's fault for crappy design.

I don't expect a 3DSXL, I see them making a 3DSlite first.