• Welcome to SwitchForum.com - The #1 place to talk about Nintendo Switch. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

SD card reader help

Wizard3211

Alright so im having trouble and this will be long...

After Edit: I say "booted" often here, I do mean a normal non modded boot, I tried to boot into atmosphere once however that boots off of the SD so no luck just sd not read error.

First off my switch crashed shortly after downloading and installing a few themes and a Bluetooth controller thingy, yes my switch is modded but thats not the point of this.

My error code was
20201102_123048.jpg
Ok no problem must have been something I installed, have never had the issue before. Ill just take the sd out and delete some files, takes out sd, puts it right back in not doing anything with my pc cause I forgot to just reset the switch first to see if it fixes it lol.

Well when I tried to boot up again I knew how to fix this new error( pic wont upload ), took out sd and put into pc, fixed it.

Went to boot up and got an SD NOT READ THING, over and over.

I first tried my old SD card of 200gb, formated to FAT32 and left it blank and put it in switch to boot. It booted fine but the settings where showing the SD card not being read.
I reset a few times and same thing.

I formated my first SD of 512gb, which had a lot of games installed :(, to FAT32 and put it in the switch blank.
Booted up and my screen froze on the Nintendo Switch logo for eternity. Also worth noting most times I tried this with only the 512gb sd there was a loud pop sound coming from sd card area.

Same thing kept happening, the 200gb would boot fine while not reading sd while the 512 froze. No sd booted fine.

Found a youtube vid showing how to take off the back panel and to push down on the SD readers ribbon a little so it could connect. This did nothing, I took the reader off eventually to look at the pins but underestimated just how small everything is
20201102_124647.jpg
20201102_124759.jpg
They may have looked fine but I dont have any microscopes laying around. Anyways I ordered a replacement sd reader for 10$ off of Amazon and it comes in a day. Hope thats it but if it's not is there anyone out there that can help.