• Welcome to SwitchForum.com - The #1 place to talk about Nintendo Switch. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

sony vs microsoft

SoulNinja

Verified Member
Ok this thread is a sort of competative one:
who do you think has gone further in the gaming buisness.
Personally i think sony seeing as they have made a portable handheld console and you don't need to pay for internet.
Post back and tell me you thoughts

queenzelda

Verified Member
What about Nintendo? They're in competition between Microsoft & Sony with their Wii console.

Personally though the 360 isn't my kind of console, but there are gamers who do play on it. So the question becomes which company is doing the best job of making money as a gaming company in the end, Microsoft, Nintendo, or Sony when it all comes down to it.

Meh, I'm a sony/nintendo fan. I'm happy as long as both consoles are on the market myself.

If microsoft's Xbox fell off the earth it wouldn't really effect me since I'm not an xbox kind of gamer.

JackitK

Honestly I don't got an ideas of preference between Microsoft and Sony since I stick more towards the Nintendo games. From what I've seen though Sony has the Racket and Clank series which is one of those series I would love to try if it ever came on an Nintendo console. They also home the Kingdom Heart series for the most part. I've been enjoying every game I can try in that series... except Chain of Memories but that's another story... kind-of wish they came out on Nintendo consoles more often so I can play more of those games but there is that 3DS game coming out so I'm pretty happy about that.

As for Xbox... the only thing I can think of is Tales of Vesperia since I've just seen a playthrough of that whole game and I've just grown attached to the characters just watching that. Sony does have an expanded version of that game but alas it never made it over the Japanese border so I guess Microsoft kind-of has that. Never exactly been fond of them in general since a lot of the companies biggest titles are shooters. And I couldn't have less of an interest for shooters if I tried. They're just not my thing...

So I guess if I had to pick one I'd probably go with Sony, but if I was getting one for free I'd probably go with Xbox just for Sonic Generations and Tales of Vesperia. :p

Azriel Delacroix

Verified Member
I love Microsoft for the Windows Operating Systems on my computer, but that's about it. Their gaming system I couldn't care less for as I am a hard core Sony/Nintendo Fan, and haven't been anything but. However I will say this about the Xbox360, despite my loyalties, and despite my great dislike of the system.

The Xbox360 seems to be the system of choice of many by default, in fact it's World Wide Sales have topped that of the PlayStation 3's by one point six million units no less... (And since this is a Sony VS Microsoft Thread, I am NOT going to bring up Nintendo at all. But in case you're curious, here's the World Wide Wii Sales: Wii - 94.97 million as of 31 December 2011)

Xbox 360 – 57.6 million as of 4 November 2011
PlayStation 3 – 56 million as of 2 November 2011
Source

The software on the Xbox360 pale in comparison to the black monster of the PS3, with its hard crushing Blu-Ray Technology, Superior graphics, and free online play. But the Xbox360 still dominates the sales floor, why?

For starters, the price tag. I'm not going to go into the price tag at the moment, because the Xbox360 has so many versions of itself. The Xbox360 Core, The Xbox360 Premium, Slim, Elite, Arcade, just ugh... too confusing. So instead, here's the PS3 Slim's Price Tag: US $299.99, and the Xbox360, whatever the hell version you're getting, is supposedly lower than that.

Also for those who choose it, there's Xbox Live, the pay service that you have to pay for if you want to play Online, or use the Xbox Live Arcade. I think this is what sells the system the most, and it's for a very good reason. Unlike on Nintendo's and Sony's Online Services, there aren't any JERKS on the Xbox Live during online. Because the Xbox Live is an investment, a private party you're not invited to unless you pay, and getting BANNED for being a dick online is a waste of money. Forcing you to go and buy a new Xbox360 to play online again.

Then there's the Xbox360 Exclusives, like Left 4 Dead, and Fable for you Zombie Apocalypse and Role-Playing Games fans. Or the Eternal Sonata Series for you Japanese Role-Playing Game Fans, of course for shooters we have the Gears of War and Halo Series. Of course, if there was any reason for me to get an original Xbox or an Xbox360, it would be for the first Saints Row Game, and for Fable and Left 4 Dead. The only exclusives worth playing in my book, and maybe some Halo.

Speaking of Xbox Live by the way, I hope you've noticed that many of the hottest in Independent Games and Indie Gaming Developers always dump their works on the Xbox Live Arcade for you to download and play, and they do this EXCLUSIVELY to XBLA, and the iPhone Market apparently. Why? I don't know. So you'd be able to find things like Amnesia: The Dark Descent, or Bastion, Braid, and other hot Indie Titles on the XBLA, some of which aren't even on the PlayStation Network. This is another reason why I'd like an Xbox360. So don't go assuming the Xbox360's Gaming Library is made up of all shooters and sports games, you assuming little silly people.

Also the Xbox360 has the amazing ability to let you listen to your music while playing a video game. Damn, I wish the PS3 had that ability, I could go shoot people for hours while listening to Queen's "Another One Bites The Dust".

The Xbox360 isn't a bad system really, I only hate it because of the annoying Fan Brats that infest its waters like the plague. Oh, and for the fact that on occasion, it will turn red and die. Leaving you with a worthless piece of $200 equipment. Yeah, enjoy.

As for the topic, I'd say Sony has gone farther and beyond in video game development, I could list all the reasons as to why and how, but I just defended the Xbox360, so I must go and scrub my hands with some soapy steel wool. If you'll excuse me.

Pocketim

Verified Member
I could go into details about the ups and downs of each system, but instead, I'll just say I agree with Az. I loved Fable on the original Xbox, and the XBLA games I've played are fantastic ('Splosion Man is awesome!). But in the end, the PS3's game library is just better suited for my tastes. So for that, I prefer Sony.

FyreeTSG

Banned
can I say "neither"?

I wil admit, I do love PSX and PS2--some of the best games, NOT on Nintendo systems, that I love were on PSX and PS2...

Pocketim

Verified Member
FyreeTSG said:
can I say "neither"?

I wil admit, I do love PSX and PS2--some of the best games, NOT on Nintendo systems, that I love were on PSX and PS2...

Okay, it took me a while to get it, but I think I understand.

As much as you deny it, you liked the PSone. You want a PS2. You say these great things about Sony's previous systems, but can't bear to stomach their later systems.

It's because you're on Nintendo's side. Once one of Sony's systems becomes old and forgotten, you'll allow yourself to like it, but you can't bring yourself to say anything positive about the PS3 or Vita. Once again, you'll deny it, say it's rubbish, and that Nintendo is king, but your complaints are ironic. Many of the things you say Sony does wrong Nintendo do wrong too, but you won't let yourself say that because Nintendo is your god. You're literally blinded by your fandom. You're letting your inner fanboy talk, rather than what you honestly think. You don't research these systems, and see what makes them good or bad, but just take what you've gathered, and use as much of that as you can to bash the hell out of it. Denial isn't fun. Hating on stuff you know bugger all about doesn't make you seem intelligent. It annoys the hell out of people and causes this.

Look at Azriel. I'm a good friend of him, and I can safely say that he absolutely HATES Microsoft. But even there, he was able to say something nice about the 360, and I totally agreed. Because this was an unbiased and honest opinion, backed up with facts. Yes, he's harsh on Nintendo, but when he is, he BACKS UP his opinion. He owned a Wii, he played it a lot, there were even games on it he enjoyed, but he's still allowed to be critical.

Just wait, when the PS4 is nearing the end of it's lifespan, you'll look over the PS3 and 360, and not think that they're that bad, but continue to hate constantly on the PS4 and 720. Because you, as a Nintendo fanboy, can't say anything nice about it's current competitors.

Azriel Delacroix

Verified Member
Sir Cucumber said:
FyreeTSG said:
can I say "neither"?

Okay, it took me a while to get it, but I think I understand.

As much as you deny it, you liked the PSone. You want a PS2. You say these great things about Sony's previous systems, but can't bear to stomach their later systems.

It's because you're on Nintendo's side. Once one of Sony's systems becomes old and forgotten, you'll allow yourself to like it, but you can't bring yourself to say anything positive about the PS3 or Vita. Once again, you'll deny it, say it's rubbish, and that Nintendo is king, but your complaints are ironic. Many of the things you say Sony does wrong Nintendo do wrong too, but you won't let yourself say that because Nintendo is your god. You're literally blinded by your fandom. You're letting your inner fanboy talk, rather than what you honestly think. You don't research these systems, and see what makes them good or bad, but just take what you've gathered, and use as much of that as you can to bash the hell out of it. Denial isn't fun. Hating on stuff you know bugger all about doesn't make you seem intelligent. It annoys the hell out of people and causes this.

Look at Azriel. I'm a good friend of him, and I can safely say that he absolutely HATES Microsoft. But even there, he was able to say something nice about the 360, and I totally agreed. Because this was an unbiased and honest opinion, backed up with facts. Yes, he's harsh on Nintendo, but when he is, he BACKS UP his opinion. He owned a Wii, he played it a lot, there were even games on it he enjoyed, but he's still allowed to be critical.

Just wait, when the PS4 is nearing the end of it's lifespan, you'll look over the PS3 and 360, and not think that they're that bad, but continue to hate constantly on the PS4 and 720. Because you, as a Nintendo fanboy, can't say anything nice about it's current competitors.

Last edited by a moderator:

Volke

Verified Member
Alright, first things first. Please keep this as a friendly debate and do not troll or bash other members, if this gets to personal I will lock this.

Second, I prefer Microsoft over Sony. I chose Microsoft over Sony because of the quality of the games available there(BioShock, Call of Duty, etc.). The only drawback is that you need to pay for the network services that they provide, though in my opinion it well worth it. Each have their games, but I would stand beside Microsoft before going to Sony :D

FyreeTSG

Banned
Thank you Volke
...and lets not forget this IS a Nintendo site, where a Nintendo Fanboy should be able to say what they want about Nintendo--

I like Sony's OLDER systems--okay, but certain things about the Sony company in the last few years completely turned me OFF of anything Sony....(if you want to know more, PM me--or leave MY opinion alone)...

But if I had to choose between Sony and Microsoft--NOW--I'd choose Microsoft...

JamestheFreak

Microsoft is a horrible company that is the root of all evil that is killing the video game industry.

I choose anything over Microsoft anyday.