• Welcome to SwitchForum.com - The #1 place to talk about Nintendo Switch. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Switch broke.. how should I replace it? (is it safe to replace just the tablet part of the switch)

MatthewForest

Long story short switch broke, looked online, £300 for a new one.. but its only the console part that is broken, the part that you put into the dock, the "tablet" part I guess is the name.

So I was wondering would it be safe for me to spend £170 on a new tablet/screen piece, saving some money instead of spending £300 for a second useless dock and joycons and an AC adapter?

Artwark

If the tablet is broken like if it has display issues or broken glass, send it to Nintendo. Their repair services are cheaper than having to buy another Switch.

I don't think you can just buy another tablet new though as the console always comes with the dock, joy cons and adaptor.

MatthewForest

If the tablet is broken like if it has display issues or broken glass, send it to Nintendo. Their repair services are cheaper than having to buy another Switch.

I don't think you can just buy another tablet new though as the console always comes with the dock, joy cons and adaptor.
Thanks for the response,
its not the glass or the screen thats broken, something wrong with motherboard, water damage I think caused it so it wouldn't be fixed for free. I found some brand new "tablets" on ebay for about £180, I guess the question I'm asking is can you use the joycons from one system on another?

Artwark

Thanks for the response,
its not the glass or the screen thats broken, something wrong with motherboard, water damage I think caused it so it wouldn't be fixed for free. I found some brand new "tablets" on ebay for about £180, I guess the question I'm asking is can you use the joycons from one system on another?
Yes you can as long as they work.

I would suggest to get a refurbished one instead as it's cheaper and it's guarantee to eork. Since it's from Nintendo themselves.

Nintendo X

The Legend
Staff member
Yes you can as long as they work.

I would suggest to get a refurbished one instead as it's cheaper and it's guarantee to eork. Since it's from Nintendo themselves.
I have one warning for you:

On the flip coin, there's Nintendo selling refurbished - make sure you buy it directly from Nintendo...

In general, you don't want a refurbished console from mom and pops stores like GameStop as warned above.

Like Switch Forum!

Advertisements