• Welcome to SwitchForum.com - The #1 place to talk about Nintendo Switch. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

The Chat Box is Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erik

Verified Member
Due to lack of activity in the forums the site admins have had a discussion and decided to remove the shout box from Nintendo Realm. In order to grow and attract more members having an active forum is what draws people in. Originally the shout box was intended more as a quick and casual discussion area but recently we have been noticing that it has become the primary discussion area.

I also frequent several website administration forums and have read several accounts of site owners who have noticed similar when they put a chat box on their forum and regretted it. I know some of you who use it often will be disappointed but we (the site management) feel as though for Nintendo Realm to succeed we should try and get back to our roots as a forum.

queenzelda

Verified Member
What Yami said Waffle. XD

Also; yea the use of the chatbox is what was killing the site. A lot of great conversations were happening in the chatbox where the forum is where they should be happening alternatively.

Yami Yugi

Verified Member
Well; being that I never used the chatbox much it's usually due to no one being on when ever I did though. XD

Pocketim

Verified Member
Well apparently it worked, as there's far more activity on the forums now, so guess I can't complain!

Erik

Verified Member
Pocketim said:
Well apparently it worked, as there's far more activity on the forums now, so guess I can't complain!
Thanks to Queen Zelda for that!

queenzelda

Verified Member
We shall see what happens over the next couple of weeks how well my 'idea' worked.. So far so good.. Now if only I could find some good news to report over rumors... -_-

Grooms

That makes a lot of sense. I suppose for larger active communities it may be more beneficial. Great thinking, staff :)

Yami Yugi

Verified Member
Too many people were abusing it & not posting on the forum. It's only logical that it'd be taken away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Like Switch Forum!

Advertisements