• Welcome to SwitchForum.com - The #1 place to talk about Nintendo Switch. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

This site blocked by McAfee

Status
Not open for further replies.

jvgsjeff

Verified Member
Thread starter #1
Over a month ago (around September 9th or 10th I think), I found that I was suddenly unable to visit this site. I kept trying daily for weeks. Then today, I found the cause of the problem. My McAfee firewall had blocked this site specifically (and not any others I visit), saying it was a risky connection. When I found my NetGuard settings and deleted the entry, I tried visiting and it again blocked it, saying it's a risky connection. I had to manually set this site to "allow" before I could visit. I'm not sure what the problem is, but you may want to look into it, because other people using McAfee could be unable to access your site as well. Just thought I'd let you know.

Erik

Verified Member
Hmm, that is strange. At first I thought you were talking about McAfee site advisor which is the program that usually blocks websites for people but that usually shows you a warning instead of simply making it unavailable like it does when the firewall blocks it.

As you can see here, site advisor hasn't rated us yet: http://www.siteadvisor.ca/sites/nintendorealm.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Like Switch Forum!

Advertisements