• Welcome to SwitchForum.com - The #1 place to talk about Nintendo Switch. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Typing of the Dead gets a sequel!

Pocketim

Verified Member
Thread starter #1
Typing of the Dead was a typing tutor game for the Dreamcast in which you shoot zombies into a bloody pulp by typing in slightly sexual sounding phrases that appear above their heads. It was a modified version of House of the Dead 2, which was infamous for it's hilariously bad dialogue and voice acting, so SEGA decided to roll with it and make the entire game even more hilarious by introducing magical limb-severing keyboards. Ever since then, the House of the Dead franchise has had much more of a focus on humor and parody of cheesy low-budget horror films.

Now, over a decade later, The Typing of the Dead has it's long-awaited sequel!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/246580/

If I had a computer that could run it, I'd buy it in a heartbeat!

Erik

Verified Member
I never played the original but I just checked it out right now and it looks like the kinda game that would have been popular in the 80s with text based adventure games that are kinda like those flip page story books. Are the phrases always sexual sounding? I suppose that gives it an element of humor and amusement to an otherwise gruesome game...

Pocketim

Verified Member
Thread starter #3
Erik said:
I never played the original but I just checked it out right now and it looks like the kinda game that would have been popular in the 80s with text based adventure games that are kinda like those flip page story books. Are the phrases always sexual sounding? I suppose that gives it an element of humor and amusement to an otherwise gruesome game...
Very few of the phrases you type are sexual sounding, as I suspect the game would get dull pretty quickly if you knew what kind of phrases to expect. A big part of the appeal of Typing of the Dead is that most of the phrases you're required to type are bizarre and nonsensical, and you're never quite sure what to expect next. It's not very often that you get to say "I killed a zombie today by typing "Clone beef tastes good" into a magical keyboard!" :laugh1:

Erik

Verified Member
It sounds like a great way to teach kids how to type. I remember when I was in elementary school we had to use really lame programs for typing.

Like Switch Forum!

Advertisements