• Welcome to SwitchForum.com - The #1 place to talk about Nintendo Switch. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Tyran's Doodliedoos and Gra...phixy... Graphics

TyranBrulee

Verified Member
Thread starter #1
So here are a few things I've fiddled around with, enjoy my work..

Graphics
These are most of the things I've made over the years. They're not in any chronological order.

And that's Rena Ryuugu from Higurashi :3

I made this for my boyfriend. Here's the Christmas version(I like it a lot better):

Here are some requests I've done; some are a whole lot better than what you see up there:

This was requested to me by a friend who absolutely loves walruses. It wasn't christmas at the time, but he asked for a christmas sig anyway because idk???

This is a Roleplaying character and also the unofficial mascot of a forum I frequent.
That picture isn't theirs nor is that her real name but you know how roleplaying works.

Another RP character

NOT THIS ONE!!!!!! Although it wasn't a request. It was a birthday present for one of the admins on that Roleplaying forum.

This one is an RP character.

Facebook banner I made that's NOT AN RP CHARACTER YAAAS.

This one isn't a roleplaying character but it's for a roleplay ahahahasd asda aww...

sig request for admin of above mentioned forum. I love that game too, Corpse Party da best. I actually did a youtube series with him where he played that game while the both of us read the texts.

Here's the request form that most of them filled out:
Size/Type: (pixel sizes please. And as for type, just tell me if it's a sig, wallpaper, banner, avatar, w/e)

Text: (Where and what?)

Pictures:
-- *Background: (This will be behind everything else that'll be smacked onto there, although I may alter it a bit if you don't say otherwise)
-- Main: (This is the focus point of the item, I prefer you give me a render to use, but if you want me to cut it out myself, that's fine too)
-- *Extras: (Anything else you want to smack in there?)

Colours/Theme: (Whatever colors you want to see and want me to exclude, and whatever theme you want it, like a mood or holiday or some shit)

*Effects: (If you want to be specific, tell me what effects to use. Pictures of this are encouraged too)

*Extra: (Anything else you want to mention?
* = Optional

Doodles
Some were quick sketches that I kinda liked, and some are full-blown drawings. Whatever the case, the most of my drawings are here.

Canine practice

The very first gif I made. Was a practice.

My friend's username is PriomBlazer so I drew him as a blazer

A realistic drawing of one of my comic's characters

Look! It's that scorpion dragon from my introduction thread!

It's a KittyMuffin wearing PriomBlazer.

My friend asked me to draw her something so I did.

Birthday drawing!

Friend's username is Cerberus, was his birthday, drew this.

I'd really love some C&C on this! And if you guys want me to make you something, feel free to ask.
There are a lot more, but 20-image forum limit asadasdasdadasad

queenzelda

Verified Member
Banned #2
Nice work! Personally I'd like to know; how you make your sides so smooth when you round them out? O-o

TyranBrulee

Verified Member
Thread starter #3
Nice work! Personally I'd like to know; how you make your sides so smooth when you round them out? O-o
Aha thanks.
I actually open them up GIMP and do that. select the rectangle and in the select options, there's a feather option. I set it to around 15 and erase the edges.
The corners in your sig look nice tho!

Erik

Verified Member
There are a lot more, but 20-image forum limit
Sorry.... But too many images make the site very hard to view for people with slower connections :(

I actually open them up GIMP and do that.
How do you like GIMP? I haven't actually used it in about 4 years since I switched over to Photoshop however due to Adobe's new licensing scheme I am thinking of moving back especially since I am already using Inkscape for vectors.

TyranBrulee

Verified Member
Thread starter #5
Sorry.... But too many images make the site very hard to view for people with slower connections :(

How do you like GIMP? I haven't actually used it in about 4 years since I switched over to Photoshop however due to Adobe's new licensing scheme I am thinking of moving back especially since I am already using Inkscape for vectors.
I normally put my images in spoilers, so for people with slower connections, it still loads alright.

I actually use Photoshop too. I used to use GIMP for everything, but since switching to Photoshop, I only use it for rounded corners and renders.
It's not too bad, but the things I made in photoshop are so much better than the ones I made in GIMP. Whether that was a jump in my skill as a graphics artist or just the capabilities of each program, I'll never know.

queenzelda

Verified Member
Banned #6
I tend to use paint.net & I like how easy it is compared to other gfx programs I've tried. xp

Erik

Verified Member
What kind of things do you like to make using graphics software? I know a lot of people on Nintendo Realm like to make fan art images like signature banners and avatars. I mostly use Photoshop for designing site mockups, making buttons and logos. A lot of those things don't require the most advanced features that PS has to offer but I find the interface of GIMP to be a big step behind PS in a lot of ways.

@queenzelda I have never tried paint.net, sorry I cannot comment :p

TyranBrulee

Verified Member
Thread starter #8
I tend to use paint.net & I like how easy it is compared to other gfx programs I've tried. xp
When I started using PDN, it was just a desperate attempt at getting back into graphics since I didn't have access to Photoshop then. I was just so excited to get around to gfx again that I expected too much and I just couldn't get used to the interface. It was also highly restricting in manners of text options! So I didn't like it too much.

What kind of things do you like to make using graphics software? I know a lot of people on Nintendo Realm like to make fan art images like signature banners and avatars. I mostly use Photoshop for designing site mockups, making buttons and logos. A lot of those things don't require the most advanced features that PS has to offer but I find the interface of GIMP to be a big step behind PS in a lot of ways.
I don't have any specific preference, I just like making things for people. If I get a request I try the best I can to fulfill it! I've mostly been asked to make signatures and avatars, but others have asked me to do a bit of photomanipulation too. I'm not too good at that but I'm getting better.
I also color my drawings through photoshop! It's something I recently started doing it. My very first colored drawing was made for a friend's birthday party, which you can see in my first post.
I used to watch a lot of PS tutorials because a close friend of mine is a professional graphic designer who made short youtube videos, so I'm familiar with quite a few of the more advanced settings and techniques, but I often don't use them unless I'm fooling around.
Also, one of the major problems I've had with GIMP is that it doesn't let you work in a single window like PDN and photoshop. Everything's just so difficult to move around.

Erik

Verified Member
Yeah the lack of a single window mode was one of the things that turned me off of the program in the early days when I first gave it a try. Mostly because at the time I was using a relatively small monitor with 1280x1024 resolution which made it difficult because I had to keep switching back and forth between windows when they began overlapping one another. Nowadays I have a much bigger monitor so that particular thing isn't too much of a problem since of plenty of spare screen real estate but I have already become familiar with PS so it is hard to change my ways.

If you are seriously considering graphic design as a profession then avatars and signatures are a good start. They are really not too different from logos or advertisements when you get right down to it. Do you draw your drawings by hand on paper and then scan them so that you can color them with PS? I know that @Wilbo uses a tablet with a special pen to create digital drawings.

JessiFox

Verified Member
Very nice work on your graphics, are you considering trying to do some design in a more professional capacity, or is it just something you do for fun? Either way there's a nice progression in your work and your skill going on =).

Like Switch Forum!

Advertisements