• Welcome to SwitchForum.com - The #1 place to talk about Nintendo Switch. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Vita CAN Play PS4 Games Remotely

FyreeTSG

Banned
REMOTE CONTROL

Is it all that surprising that amongst Sony's announcements today for the future of their Gaming Brand that they revealed that the PS Vita would double as an alternate control for the PS4---as soon as the PS4 launches that is.

The Vita's Remote Play will work perfectly with ALL PS4 titles, allowing you to do with your PS Vita-to-PS4, that you already can on your Wii U GamePad w/ your Wii U.

Stealing a bit of thunder, yes, but showing us that Sony's learning--and not waiting to hold back from trying their hand at what Nintendo's doing NOW, and not in 4-5 years, unlike with the Wii Motion controls--and knowing that NOW'S the time go into the "trending technology".

Sony is ALSO looking to finally bring together their Past with their Future: PS1, PS2, PS3 and PS4 titles will ALL be playable on PS4--hopefully in a simpler way, like Backwards Compatibility--and not having to RE-Download them all, and simply popping in an OLD Game Disc.

Granted the PS4 WILL have a standard controller(See: DUAL SHOCK 4), but it'll be a nice addition to use the Vita--PLUS it'll help sell a few more Vitas, which is a year old already, and could use a boost.

---FyreeTSG

Source:
PSLS.net

JackitK

I could of sworn the PS3 was already doing this with the Vita though. I especially remember someone boasting about how they could play Sly 4 from their Vita through transferring the game onto it.

FyreeTSG

Banned
the PS3-Vita Crossplay was only for games that were released on BOTH PS3 and Vita...and not in the same breath as playing pretty much ALL your Wii U games on the GamePad...

THIS is playing all your PS4 games w/ the Vita as a "GamePad"-style controller...

queenzelda

Verified Member
:< Andddddd I'll believe the PS4 playing all of the older games about as much as the PS3 could...... To some extent; until Sony took away the backwards capabilities and made it to where the slim consoles would only play PS3 titles.. Thus the dim future of the PS4; if Sony's sticks to it's prior practices.. -_-

Nope; I'm still not buying into the hype until I see the video game line up for the PS4.

Azriel Delacroix

Verified Member
FyreeTSG said:
The Vita's Remote Play will work perfectly with ALL PS4 titles, allowing you to do with your PS Vita-to-PS4, that you already can on your Wii U GamePad w/ your Wii U.

Stealing a bit of thunder, yes, but showing us that Sony's learning--and not waiting to hold back from trying their hand at what Nintendo's doing NOW, and not in 4-5 years, unlike with the Wii Motion controls--and knowing that NOW'S the time go into the "trending technology".

PSP and PS3 were already doing this. I can vouch as I've played BlazBlue for PS3 on my PSP Slim many times. Seriously, stop putting down Sony for everything, especially in this pseudo "They're trying so hard, good for them" attitude you keep using.

I don't hear you criticizing Nintendo for taking the concept of the Virtual Boy again with the Nintendo 3DS and not learning from their mistakes or whatever, or the fact that the WiiU is just a console version of the Nintendo DS cause "WOWZERS, DUAL SCREENS, I HAVEN'T SEEN THIS BEFORE!" - which is probably why I find it amazingly fun... I love the Nintendo DS.

FyreeTSG said:
the PS3-Vita Crossplay was only for games that were released on BOTH PS3 and Vita...and not in the same breath as playing pretty much ALL your Wii U games on the GamePad...

Trolololololololo - A PSVita playing Enslaved: Odyssey to the West, a PS3 Exclusive title that doesn't have a PSVita Release.

QueenZelda said:
until Sony took away the backwards capabilities and made it to where the slim consoles would only play PS3 titles

Actually it can also play PS1 Titles. I play my PS1 Games on my PS3 all the time.

FyreeTSG

Banned
I'm not trying to put them down...
and I the Virtual Boy-3DS connection is something that's been brought up several times before---I owned a Virtual Boy, and it was just a 3D "effect"--with Red/Black colored frames,etc.--NOT 3D like the 3DS is--ACTUAL 3D Gaming.

The Vita-to-PS4 gameplay will be a cool feature, and it should excite people who have a Vita to go out and get a PS4....but, like queen said: it's ALL about the games--what the PS4's lineup is, and WHAT games use the Vita, and HOW well it'll work from one to the other.

The GamePad is MORE than a 2nd screen for a "DS"--and we're not even sure how the Vita will adapt for use as a 2nd screen for the PS4--and I know fairly well that PS2 titles are the ones that are no longer backwards compatible on PS3.

Backwards Compatibility is a HUGE thing that PS4 needs---something Sony could use to catch back up w/ Nintendo, who's made a mint off compatibility---saying Wii U's playing several consoles of games, off Wii VC, and soon Wii U VC--plus the 3DS has the entire DS library plus DL's to boot.

queenzelda

Verified Member
Azriel Delacroix said:
QueenZelda said:
until Sony took away the backwards capabilities and made it to where the slim consoles would only play PS3 titles
Actually it can also play PS1 Titles. I play my PS1 Games on my PS3 all the time.
SOME not ALL. Apparently Chrono Cross can't be played on a backwards compatible PS3, as it has some 'issues'.

Besides according to the confrence, the PS4 IS NOT backwards compatible with PS3 game discs. :<

FyreeTSG

Banned
yeah, I've already seen things that say the PS4 will have "limited compatibility"...
plus your PS3 and Vita PSN games can't be transferred