• Welcome to SwitchForum.com - The #1 place to talk about Nintendo Switch. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

What WAY do You game?

FyreeTSG

Thread starter #1
What way of Wii Controlling do you prefer in games?

Wiimote+Nunchuk
Wiimote sideways
Classic Controller
Gamecube Controller

I prefer ANY mode over Wiimote+Nunchuk---with only a few expections, ACCF and the Simpsons Game...

I hate the "Wiimote Waggle"-way of gaming....

give me a Controller, pushing buttons, and NOT killing my arms...

Mason

Verified Member
It's according to what game I'm playing. I don't really dislike any of the positions. Though I've never played with the Classic Controller.

Friik

Verified Member
I prefer using the GC Control over the Wiimote & Nunchuck.
The Classic Control is good too, but only when playing VC games.
I definitely hate using the Wiimote in racing games, it's cheap.

I need more buttons to smash, not motion control.

If given the option i use the GC controller except for DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 3 which i prefer using Wiimote + Nunchuks.

FyreeTSG

Thread starter #5
Friik said:
I prefer using the GC Control over the Wiimote & Nunchuck.
The Classic Control is good too, but only when playing VC games.
I definitely hate using the Wiimote in racing games, it's cheap.

I need more buttons to smash, not motion control.
i'm with ya:D

I grew up hitting buttons on NES, SNES, N64, Genesis, PSX, and Gamecube controllers---

I typically only use the sideways wiimote for NES VC games, and a few WiiWare games where its the standard

and DON'T get me started at how Wrong the "Wii-Wheel" control style is wrong....

Generally, I prefer the Gamecube controller, as I'm pretty used to using it since I had my Gamecube. I don't really like the Wiimote-Nunchuk combo all that much, but only for FPS games will I prefer it, since I have better aim actually pointing the controller.

The classic controller I use mostly for VC games, and the Wiimote sideways for games that requires it.

TopherD05

Kitteh said:
Wiimote+Nunchuk
and
wiimote sideways

depends on the game really
Yeah these are pretty much my two preferred ways to play. I will say at first i didn't like either control scheme but i decided to adapt to them and they are actually not too bad if you play with them enough like i have in Twilight Princess and some other games.

FyreeTSG

Thread starter #9
i get used to the Wiimote+Nunchuk combo---but I miss the days when playing a game merely took hitting a couple buttons.

I don't mind the Wiimote+Nunchuk combo, just so long as I don't have to rapidly shake my hands (the "Wiimote Waggle" as I call it)

TopherD05

FyreeTSG said:
i get used to the Wiimote+Nunchuk combo---but I miss the days when playing a game merely took hitting a couple buttons.

I don't mind the Wiimote+Nunchuk combo, just so long as I don't have to rapidly shake my hands (the "Wiimote Waggle" as I call it)
yeah that is true, game developers really need to get a good mix of button pressing and waggle. I mean that is if they even use waggle. Donkey Kong Country Returns is a great example of this.

Blitz

For me, either the Gamecube controller, Wii Remote, Wii Remote/Nunchuk combination, or the Wii Wheel, depending on what games I'm playing.

FyreeTSG

Thread starter #13
I'm finding MOST Wii games I have use the Wiimote+Nunchuk combo...(LEGO games and ACCF)
OR just WiiMote(Rockband)

Like Switch Forum!

Advertisements