• Welcome to SwitchForum.com - The #1 place to talk about Nintendo Switch. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

What would be a great mash-up?

averus

Verified Member
We've seen many games combining characters and stories from others. One of the most popular and best is Kingdom Hearts.

Imagine you could create a Nintendo game that is a mash up of two Nintendo games.
Which games would you choose?
Who would be the main character, who would you leave out?

Why?

Jason Alan

Verified Member
The reason would simply be fun. I think the last time this topic came up I said the same answer, but I think a Metroid/Zelda mashup would work pretty well. As it is, both have a consistent theme of using items to achieve progress (even if Zelda is more lined for dungeons compared to general overworld progress). So have the two of them facing off against Ganon and maybe Space Pirates for lack of one single recurring entity as Samus' arch-nemesis (wow the image of Link fighting Ridley is pretty awesome).

averus

Verified Member
Wow, that would actually be a great game I think! :D
Link and Samus fighting their way through mutual enemies... Great! :D

aboleth_lich

Verified Member
If we're going to restrict ourselves to Nintendo franchises only, then I would suggest:

- Super Mario Bros meets The Legend of Zelda: The Mushroom Kingdom and Hyrule are both fantasy kingdoms based upon the fairy tales of yore. Link and Mario have both occasionally ventured outside of their usual stomping grounds, and it isn't inconceivable for them to warp over into the central setting of the other's franchise. Perhaps the plot could begin with Bowser and Ganon forming an alliance, requiring our heroes to in-turn unite in resistance?

If we can relax the Nintendo-only restriction and consider mash-ups of any franchises, then I'll moreover also suggest:

- Captain N: The Game Master: Captain N: The Game Master was a 1990-1991 cartoon in the 1980's about a gamer named Kevin who was sucked into Videoland through his NES Tron-style. Videoland served as the nexus connected to the worlds of numerous NES games, Nintendo franchises and otherwise. Kevin's gamer skills made him Captain N, the guardian of Videoland. Captain N's main weapon was a Light Gun and a NES Controller belt that let him pause reality, etc. Captain N's main allies were the generic Princess of Videoland, his dog, Megaman, Kid Icarus, a surprisingly feminine and metrosexual Simon Belmont, and a Game Boy that served as a supercomputer. His main enemies were Mother Brain, King Hippo, and the Eggplant Wizard. In addition to this main cast, Samus, Link, Zelda, Ganon, Dr. Light, Dr. Wiley, Dracula, Donkey Kong, and even the protagonists from Dragon Warrior and Wizards & Warriors also made appearances in this series. Basically, this would be a free-for all game whose individual levels are a different classic NES game!

- Marvel vs DC: A fighting game similar to Marvel vs Capcom and DC vs Mortal Kombat, only now we can at long last choose between Superman, The Hulk, Batman, Spiderman, Wolverine, The Flash, etc, etc, etc. For that matter, why not throw in a few characters from outside either publisher, like Image's Spawn and 2000 AD's Judge Dread, into this chaotic soup too?

- Metroid vs Aliens/Predators/Predators: Imagine if Samus were battling against the aliens from these films.

I imagine that I could think up additional hypothetical mash-ups of interest, but these four off-the-top-of-my-head ideas are enough for now! ;)