• Welcome to SwitchForum.com - The #1 place to talk about Nintendo Switch. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

When did you get a Wii?

FyreeTSG

Banned
When did YOU first get a Nintendo Wii?

I got mine mid-April of 2007, on a LATE Shipment at a local Gamestop...

I walked in with a wad of cash, not even expecting one--when I saw a guy buying a Wii...
I asked if they had any more, and the clerk said they'd just gotten some in on a late shipment...

100% pure LUCK!

Spiral

I got mine as a very late birthday present back in June 27th, 2008. It was a Friday if I recall correctly.

Friik

Verified Member
Got mine on September 16th 2008.
I went out and bought a couple of games before I even got the system.

FyreeTSG

Banned
I still remember when I was still in "Search" mode---calling every retailer in the area if they had one...

That was FUN.....:G :G :G

Samus2008

Verified Member
On launch morning, November 19,2006, me and my dad scouted every electronic store in Brandon and Tampa to find me a Wii, and it turned out the Gamestop right by our house had 3 left! Good memories! :D

TopherD05

FyreeTSG said:
I still remember when I was still in "Search" mode---calling every retailer in the area if they had one...

That was FUN.....:G :G :G

yes i remember being in "search" mode as well and driving my mom nuts with it lol cause at the time i didn't have my license yet so i would call and bug her. Finally got my Wii a couple weeks after the launch date on December 3rd at 7 am and at a Toy R' Us after camping outside for about 2 hours and playing my DS.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
M Did you get your Nintendo Switch on launch day? What did you pick up? Nintendo Switch General Discussion 3
Nintendo X How did you find SwitchForum? Introductions 26
M Why did you choose Nintendo? Other Nintendo Consoles & Handhelds 3
averus What did you learn from video games? Off Topic Lounge 5
Thomas Ennis Did you guys make use of the classic dowloads? Other Nintendo Consoles & Handhelds 6
F What GFX Did You Last Make? Graphics Center 8
F When did YOU Start playing Pokemon? Nintendo 3DS Discussion 11
F Why did YOU get an XBOX/360? Microsoft Xbox 4
Pocketim What did you get this Christmas? Off Topic Lounge 3
F When did YOU get your PS3? Sony PlayStation 4
F Where did the Cheese go? Forum Games 28
JackitK Did you Enjoy the Differences between Black and White? Nintendo 3DS Discussion 4
F What Movie did you LAST watch? Off Topic Lounge 63
F Why Did YOU Get SSF IV 3D? Nintendo 3DS Discussion 4
Spiral How Did You Find Nintendo Realm? Forum Suggestions and Support 24
F Did you get 3DS on Launch Day? Nintendo 3DS Discussion 2
F When did YOU get MKWii? Other Nintendo Consoles & Handhelds 4
F When did you get "Poké'd"? Nintendo 3DS Discussion 13
F What game did You JUST play? Off Topic Lounge 463
F When did YOU get ACWW? Friend Exchange 5
F Where did your User Name come from? Off Topic Lounge 13
F When did YOU get MKDS? Friend Exchange 5
F Did YOU Do It?? Forum Games 25
F When did you get your First DS? Other Nintendo Consoles & Handhelds 12
F When did YOU get ACCF? Other Nintendo Consoles & Handhelds 6
F for wii u Nintendo Wii U Discussion 0
F wii u Nintendo Wii U Discussion 0
Erik Wii Points addition to be disabled Gaming News 0
Erik Stranger Things DLC for Minecraft on Nintendo Switch and Wii U Gaming News 0
Erik Wii Shop closure announcement Gaming News 0
Erik Wii Shop closure announcement Gaming News 0
SwitchForum Nintendo Wii U Friend Codes Nintendo Wii U Discussion 0
D Favorite aspect of the Nintendo Wii U & why? Nintendo Wii U Discussion 0
Erik Experience the ink-blasting, squid-transforming Wii U game everyone is talking about for free! Gaming News 0
Erik Host your own Olympic Games with Mario & Sonic on Wii U Gaming News 0
Erik New Pokémon games on the Wii U Virtual Console service beginning 6/23 Gaming News 0
Erik Nintendo Treehouse: Live at E3 highlights upcoming Wii U and Nintendo 3DS releases Gaming News 0
Erik Great new indie games headed to Nintendo eShop on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS Gaming News 0
Erik Nintendo Unveils New Information About Mario Kart 8 and Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Gaming News 0
Erik Norwegian Cruise Line and Nintendo Expand Partnership to Bring Wii U Gaming Fun to Ships Gaming News 0
Erik Wii Sports Club - Tennis and Bowling Now Available for Download Gaming News 0
Erik Wii mini Offers Big Value This Holiday Season Gaming News 0
Erik Nintendo Offers Great Wii U Deals to Kick Off Holiday Shopping Season Gaming News 0
Erik Fitness That Fits Your Life: Free Wii Fit U Trial Starts Nov. 1 Gaming News 0
Erik Wii U and Skylanders Pack Big Value into Holiday Bundle Gaming News 0
Erik The Wii U GamePad is the Life of the Party in Wii Party U Gaming News 0
Erik Mario and Luigi Jump Into the New Wii U Deluxe Set Gaming News 0
Erik Nintendo Gives Consumers A Chance To Get Fit For Free With Wii Fit U Gaming News 0
Erik Three Top Wii Games Get New Lower Price Gaming News 0
Erik Nintendo Offers Unrivaled Value and Variety This Holiday Season with Lower Wii U Price,... Gaming News 0