• Welcome to SwitchForum.com - The #1 place to talk about Nintendo Switch. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Where do you get your PC games?

Pocketim

Verified Member
With PC gaming, you have a lot more options as to where you can get your games from. Are there any places in particular that you generally get your games from?

I mainly get mine from:

EB Games - I very rarely get retail PC games now, unless it's a collectable item, but if I do, EB Games usually has what I want. Not used very often, but worth noting.

Steam - Also not used too often (I don't like their copyright protection system, requiring you to open Steam and log in every time you want to play a game. And since Steam is pretty buggy on my computer, that's not too much fun), but a nice place to get some indie games. Also a nice place to get some classic DOS games (id Software in particular)!

GOG.com - This is where I get most of my games from. A nicely set-up site with a wide selection of classic PC and DOS games, and all for affordable prices (frequent sales help too). Not much else to say other than, it's fantastic!

The Humble Indie Bundles - For those who don't know, the Humble Indie Bundles are when a bunch of indie developers get together and make a bundle of their games, and sell it online. The highlights are...

- You can pay whatever you want. Want to pay $1? Go for it. Want to pay $1,000,000? Sure.

- A fraction of what you pay will go to charity (you can choose how much, even going as far as to give them all the money you payed)

- You get the Windows, Mac, and even the Linux versions of each game, PLUS the soundtracks.

- You can use a code to unlock these games on Steam, but there's also Steam-free versions of these games for download too.

So pretty much, it's perfect for my needs, and I love this service. The bundles are infrequent and only last for a few weeks, but I've made sure to get them whenever they turn up now!

So, where do YOU get your PC games from?

FyreeTSG

Banned
I see quite a few at TARGET and local stores like Office Max and Office Depot...

I'm probably gonna shop around for some that I can FINALLY buy

Like Switch Forum!

Advertisements