• Welcome to SwitchForum.com - The #1 place to talk about Nintendo Switch. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Where do you get your PC games?

Pocketim

Verified Member
With PC gaming, you have a lot more options as to where you can get your games from. Are there any places in particular that you generally get your games from?

I mainly get mine from:

EB Games - I very rarely get retail PC games now, unless it's a collectable item, but if I do, EB Games usually has what I want. Not used very often, but worth noting.

Steam - Also not used too often (I don't like their copyright protection system, requiring you to open Steam and log in every time you want to play a game. And since Steam is pretty buggy on my computer, that's not too much fun), but a nice place to get some indie games. Also a nice place to get some classic DOS games (id Software in particular)!

GOG.com - This is where I get most of my games from. A nicely set-up site with a wide selection of classic PC and DOS games, and all for affordable prices (frequent sales help too). Not much else to say other than, it's fantastic!

The Humble Indie Bundles - For those who don't know, the Humble Indie Bundles are when a bunch of indie developers get together and make a bundle of their games, and sell it online. The highlights are...

- You can pay whatever you want. Want to pay $1? Go for it. Want to pay $1,000,000? Sure.

- A fraction of what you pay will go to charity (you can choose how much, even going as far as to give them all the money you payed)

- You get the Windows, Mac, and even the Linux versions of each game, PLUS the soundtracks.

- You can use a code to unlock these games on Steam, but there's also Steam-free versions of these games for download too.

So pretty much, it's perfect for my needs, and I love this service. The bundles are infrequent and only last for a few weeks, but I've made sure to get them whenever they turn up now!

So, where do YOU get your PC games from?

FyreeTSG

Banned
I see quite a few at TARGET and local stores like Office Max and Office Depot...

I'm probably gonna shop around for some that I can FINALLY buy

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
F Where do YOU get Retro Games? Video Games 9
S Where can buy Octopath Traveler? Nintendo Switch News 2
Yami Yugi Where's the E3 section & or thread? Forum Suggestions and Support 5
WAFFLEKID Where do Red Shells go? Forum Games 10
queenzelda Where the fetch are my jrpg's Sony? Member Content 1
F Where do YOU work? Off Topic Lounge 14
F Where did the Cheese go? Forum Games 28
JackitK Where is Pikachu? Nintendo 3DS Discussion 4
F Where's Mario? Forum Games 41
F Where did your User Name come from? Off Topic Lounge 13
F Where do YOU live? Off Topic Lounge 13
J Remove account, keep games? Nintendo Switch General Discussion 1
A Can you share digital games? Nintendo Switch General Discussion 0
T Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 Nintendo Switch General Discussion 0
S Nintendo Switch - suitable games Nintendo Switch General Discussion 0
L Nintendo switch lose my games? (Help) Nintendo Switch General Discussion 0
D Buying Switch with pre-installed games - can I keep the games? Nintendo Switch General Discussion 1
Nintendo X New Nintendo Direct (9/4/2019) reveals new Nintendo Switch games Nintendo Switch News 0
Nintendo X New Indie World Showcase reveals new games Nintendo Switch News 0
Nintendo X Official Thread Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 Nintendo Switch Games 0
Nintendo X New Nintendo Direct (6/11/2019) reveals new Nintendo Switch games Nintendo Switch News 1
Nintendo X New Nintendo Direct (6/5/2019) reveals new Pokemon games features Nintendo Switch News 0
Nintendo X New Nintendo Direct (2/27/2019) reveals 2 new Pokemon games Nintendo Switch News 1
Nintendo X New Nintendo Direct (2/13/2019) will reveal new Nintendo Switch games Nintendo Switch News 0
B NES Games Online Lag Nintendo Switch General Discussion 0
Nintendo X New Nintendo Direct (9/13/2018) reveals new games, and Nintendo Switch Online details Nintendo Switch News 0
Nintendo X New Nintendo Direct (6/12/2018) reveals new Nintendo games from E3 2018 Nintendo Switch News 0
Nintendo X New Nintendo Direct (3/8/2018) reveals new Nintendo games Nintendo Switch News 0
Erik Now available: Use Gold Points on digital games for the Nintendo Switch system Gaming News 0
Erik Bayonetta blasts onto the Nintendo Switch system with two stylish games Gaming News 0
Erik Get great games with your Gold Points now! Gaming News 0
Erik Save up to 30% on select Nintendo Switch digital games Gaming News 0
Erik Three classic Nintendo 3DS games are now only $19.99 each Gaming News 0
Erik Save up to 30% on select digital games for Nintendo 3DS Gaming News 0
Erik Get games with Gold Points, just in time for the holidays! Gaming News 0
Erik Check out new and upcoming games for Nintendo systems! Gaming News 0
Nintendo X New Nintendo Direct (9/13/2017) reveals new Nintendo games Nintendo Switch News 0
Erik Got Gold Points? Get select games! Gaming News 0
Erik Nintendo details a massive lineup of games coming to Nintendo Switch and Nintendo 3DS Gaming News 0
Erik Get the inside scoop on classic games with dev interviews Gaming News 0
Erik Indie developers show support for Nintendo Switch with a surge of upcoming games Gaming News 0
Erik Nintendo brings Super Mario Odyssey, other anticipated games to PAX West Gaming News 0
Erik New details announced for upcoming games Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon Gaming News 0
Erik Free demos for Rayman Legends: Definitive Edition and more great games Gaming News 0
Erik Classic Castlevania games are resurrected on Nintendo's Virtual Console service Gaming News 0
Erik Got Gold Points? Get select games! Gaming News 0
Erik Nintendo details a massive lineup of games coming to Nintendo Switch and Nintendo 3DS Gaming News 0
Erik Get the inside scoop on classic games with dev interviews Gaming News 0
Erik Indie developers show support for Nintendo Switch with a surge of upcoming games Gaming News 0
Erik Nintendo brings Super Mario Odyssey, other anticipated games to PAX West Gaming News 0