• Welcome to SwitchForum.com - The #1 place to talk about Nintendo Switch. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Why is this place so dead?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightning

Verified Member
And where's the staff? It's like this place is just deserted. When I joined at least a few people were active, now it's just me who ever seems to come on here.

What happened to this place? :/

WAFFLEKID

Verified Member
Hi um... It's a very long story, but the summary would have to be: This place was once, very lively and quite populated. Over time, activity started dying out pretty much after the Forum went under new Management and the Staple Members of the forum began to leave one by one. It's actually quite surprising how some have stuck around for this long, through all of the "issues". I haven't been around for very long, but I really enjoyed this place though I was one of those who left. Will the site ever have a surge of new Members again? I doubt it. But the forum has survived this long and there are still new Members, like yourself, that contribute greatly right off the bat. Those bursts of life is what I think keeps the Forum running. Will I return? That's gonna have to be a "No". It's nothing to do with the Forum. It's just that after I took my leave, I've grown away from the Nintendo scene. Heck, just today I learned Club Nintendo was going down in a few months. Nintendo even gave their members a key for Flipnote Studio 3D, an Application I was super excited for when it was conceived years ago. I've since forgotten about it until today sadly.

Anyways, that's the gist of it from my Point of View. I'm sure other Members would have even more to add from their experiences. Veteran Members. And I must say Erik and Wilbo have done a great job of not giving up on all of this. I wish you could have seen what it was like before. Maybe 2-3 years ago, but it's people like you that still keep the gears oiled and turning. I hope you enjoy it here. I sure did...

[P.S. Ignore that whole "fit of rage" of mine in the comment box. I was a little "off" :p]

queenzelda

Verified Member
I agree with Waffle that this place used to be pretty popular but every one just moved onto other things after the staff was replaced. Any way, I know that none of this probably explains much but it's better then a big fat goose egg. XD

Erik

Verified Member
@WAFFLEKID, I glad to see you've calmed down and thanks for the summary.

I don't really have much to add. Part of it may just be that Nintendo really upset a lot of their fan base with their latest offerings. I have always been a well rounded gamer who played on a variety of consoles, handhelds and PC as well. I owned a 3DS and a Wii but the Wii U and the many other varieties of the 3DS that came after just didn't impress me enough to purchase. I can't really say I understand why there was so much backlash when @Wilbo and I took over. I think that we made some great improvements although maybe we did not post as much as we should have. Anyways, I have kept sites online with less activity than this and NR is not going anywhere as long as there are people visiting (which I am sure there will be for quite some time).

Lightning

Verified Member
Wow, sounds like you need to do some more advertising in order to get more people to know this place exists. XD

Erik

Verified Member
Wow, sounds like you need to do some more advertising in order to get more people to know this place exists. XD
Probably wouldn't hurt, but advertising is expensive. The site itself has been improved to a point that I would consider doing it now. Like @WAFFLEKID said before, the site used to be very messy in terms of design, forum software, various pages, etc.

Out of curiosity, how did you discover the site?

Lightning

Verified Member
A friend of mine was helping me look for a nintendo forum & bing brought them here. -shrugs-

Status
Not open for further replies.