• Welcome to SwitchForum.com - The #1 place to talk about Nintendo Switch. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Wii problems...please help!

Earl!

OK, so first of all, I understand that my sister hacked my Wii for an unknown reason...probably because she's a *censored* son of a *censored* who *censored* does illegal *censored* things every *censored* day (she did it when I was at school). Anyways, when I try to load Mario Kart Wii, or stuff, it lets me get past the main screens, then all of a sudden, it's just a *censored* black screen with nothing at all. And honestly, I do use the "thing", but only to cheat. I tried deleting the files, accessed Mario Kart, and it still does it. Is my Wii bricked or something?

FyreeTSG

Banned
ooh...this is why I don't HACK...

it might be Bricked---but you should call Nintendo's Help Line--they'd probably be able to offer some tips...IF it can be saved...

Pocketim

Verified Member
Yeah, that doesn't really sound like a hacking issue. If it was, it would most likely also effect your Wii menu. I'd presume that either your disc is a bit damaged, the disc reading lens are dirty (or are dying, but that's pretty unlikely unless you got it near launch), or a little bit of both.

Similar thing happened with my Wii, and it wasn't hacked. It was the laser, in my case.

FyreeTSG

Banned
if the disc gets to the main screens, then its probably a damaged disc...
similar to what happens to some badly damaged DVDs...

I know there are a few "options" to repair Wii games--including a Skip Dr.(which they have for DVD's--it resurfaces the discs--and is UBER-Handy)...I've seen one specifically for Wii games..
BUT if you can't find a repair option, I'd see if Gamestop could fix it OR just buying a new copy would probably be the best bet...

Azriel Delacroix

Verified Member
Earl! said:
Also, it freezes, but that's definitely due to hacking. :l
I've had a hacked PSP before, so I know my way around the ol' avoiding the warranty past-time. If you want, PM me and we'll see if I can't help you out a bit.

Earl!

I finally took Mario Kart Wii out of my Wii after several months. A few scratches, a food crumb (XD), and several layers of dust were on it. LOL.

FyreeTSG

Banned
take games out if you're not playing them--
AND if you're not using your console, unplug it--trust me--it'll help in the long run

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
F for wii u Nintendo Wii U Discussion 0
F wii u Nintendo Wii U Discussion 0
Erik Wii Points addition to be disabled Gaming News 0
Erik Stranger Things DLC for Minecraft on Nintendo Switch and Wii U Gaming News 0
Erik Wii Shop closure announcement Gaming News 0
Erik Wii Shop closure announcement Gaming News 0
SwitchForum Nintendo Wii U Friend Codes Nintendo Wii U Discussion 0
D Favorite aspect of the Nintendo Wii U & why? Nintendo Wii U Discussion 0
Erik Experience the ink-blasting, squid-transforming Wii U game everyone is talking about for free! Gaming News 0
Erik Host your own Olympic Games with Mario & Sonic on Wii U Gaming News 0
Erik New Pokémon games on the Wii U Virtual Console service beginning 6/23 Gaming News 0
Erik Nintendo Treehouse: Live at E3 highlights upcoming Wii U and Nintendo 3DS releases Gaming News 0
Erik Great new indie games headed to Nintendo eShop on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS Gaming News 0
Erik Nintendo Unveils New Information About Mario Kart 8 and Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Gaming News 0
Erik Norwegian Cruise Line and Nintendo Expand Partnership to Bring Wii U Gaming Fun to Ships Gaming News 0
Erik Wii Sports Club - Tennis and Bowling Now Available for Download Gaming News 0
Erik Wii mini Offers Big Value This Holiday Season Gaming News 0
Erik Nintendo Offers Great Wii U Deals to Kick Off Holiday Shopping Season Gaming News 0
Erik Fitness That Fits Your Life: Free Wii Fit U Trial Starts Nov. 1 Gaming News 0
Erik Wii U and Skylanders Pack Big Value into Holiday Bundle Gaming News 0
Erik The Wii U GamePad is the Life of the Party in Wii Party U Gaming News 0
Erik Mario and Luigi Jump Into the New Wii U Deluxe Set Gaming News 0
Erik Nintendo Gives Consumers A Chance To Get Fit For Free With Wii Fit U Gaming News 0
Erik Three Top Wii Games Get New Lower Price Gaming News 0
Erik Nintendo Offers Unrivaled Value and Variety This Holiday Season with Lower Wii U Price,... Gaming News 0
Erik FIRST POKÉMON GAME EXCLUSIVELY FOR WII U, POKÉMON RUMBLE U, LAUNCHING AUGUST 29 VIA... Gaming News 0
Erik CELEBRATE THE GREATNESS THAT IS WARIO WITH ONE OF NINTENDO'S BEST WII U GAMES EVER Gaming News 0
Erik Nintendo Partners with SEGA and Announces Wii U Games Shown at E3 2013 Gaming News 0
Erik Major Wii U update adds new services and features, faster performance Gaming News 0
Erik Wii Network Service Partial Discontinuation Gaming News 0
Erik New Lego City Adventure for Wii U Sends Players Undercover Gaming News 0
Erik Two Zelda Games, Mario, Mario Kart and Other Fan-Favorite Franchises Planned for Wii U Gaming News 0
Erik Wii U and Nintendo 3DS Kick Off 2013 With New One-Of-A-Kind Experiences Gaming News 0
Erik Ring in the New Year with New Downloads for Wii and Nintendo DSi Systems Gaming News 0
Erik Soar, Solve, Scribble and Sing with New Downloads for Wii and Nintendo DSi Gaming News 0
Erik Fins, Fur and Fabulous Puzzles Power the Latest Downloads for Wii and Nintendo DS Gaming News 0
Erik New Game Downloads for Wii and Nintendo DSi Pack a Presidential Punch Gaming News 0
Erik 500th Downloadable Wii Game Makes for a Smashing Holiday Season Gaming News 0
Erik One WiiWare Game and One Virtual Console Game Added to Wii Shop Channel Gaming News 0
Erik One WiiWare Game and Two Virtual Console Games Added to Wii Shop Channel Gaming News 0
Erik One WiiWare Game and One Virtual Console Game Added to Wii Shop Channel Gaming News 0
Erik One WiiWare Game and Three Virtual Console Games Added to Wii Shop Channel Gaming News 0
Erik One WiiWare Game and One Virtual Console Game Added (and One Surprise Coming) to Wii Shop... Gaming News 0
Erik Two WiiWare Games and One Virtual Console Game Added to Wii Shop Channel Gaming News 0
Erik Two WiiWare Games and One Virtual Console Game Added to Wii Shop Channel Gaming News 0