• Welcome to SwitchForum.com - The #1 place to talk about Nintendo Switch. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Wii U: Yarn Yoshi

Thread starter #1
A LITTLE STRINGY...

Although I own it, I have yet to actually PLAY Kirby's Epic Yarn for my seemingly out-of-date Nintendo Wii, but that's not gonna stop me from wanting to move the next step in the Arts & Crafts bin of gaming--and look eagerly to one of the announced NEW Wii U games coming later this year.

YARN YOSHI

Being developed by the same team who gave us EPIC YARN, Yoshi's finally getting his first SOLO Title since the N64 Era, which to me has taken too long to get back to.

Takashi Tekuya, who will be heading up the development, is "pulling all the strings"(gotta love the pun)--and although NO release date has been confirmed, we can assume we'd see it by this year.

---FyreeTSG

Source:
NintendoLife.com

JackitK

I love how the guys who made Kirby Epic Yarn are also working on this. If anything that shows the game is gonna have the same great level of presentation that Kirby's game did and what we've seen so far of it seems to be heading in that direction.

Thread starter #4
screen shots:

http://themushroomkingdom.net/images/ss/yoshi-wiiu/001.jpg

http://themushroomkingdom.net/images/ss/yoshi-wiiu/002.jpg

http://themushroomkingdom.net/images/ss/yoshi-wiiu/003.jpg

WAFFLEKID

Verified Member
The game looks amazing from the screenshots. After I hear about a solid review this will definitley be on my MUST BUY list, i'm just a sucker for this type of art style.

queenzelda

Verified Member
FyreeTSG said:
there's an unlockable character you'd never see in LBP!! :laugh2:
Yea at least until Nintendo gives into the dark side (aka Sony). XD But yea; LBP had this style way before Nintendo started to do it with Yarn Kirby & Yarn Yoshi.

Still the screen shots do look interesting. Though all of the Yoshi games I've played have involved Mario some how or another; so seeing Yoshi on his own for a title should be an interesting turn of events. ;3

queenzelda

Verified Member
Depending on the release date; I'll most likely just pick it up in stores unless the pre-order gets me a key chain yarn Yoshi or something. XD

Thread starter #12
I typically preorder if I can, that way to avoid the rush/annoyance of finding a copy---plus gamestop probably WILL have something bonus w/ it

queenzelda

Verified Member
Well being that I live out in the sticks I never really run into that problem unless it's a limited release; or something of the sort. Still; should be interesting to see what the story is for Yoshi's story & who the baddies are going to be. Personally I'd love to see a resurgence of Fawful; but I'm oddish. =p XD

Thread starter #14
if they could bring back BOSHI, I'd love it...

maybe they could throw in several different colored Yoshis--

Mason

Verified Member
I was so excited to hear about a NEW Yoshi title. I'm still excited but less so since I found out it's Yarn Yoshi.

Now I've never played the Yarn Kirby game so I'm not going to say it was a bad game. From what I've heard it was a good game, but the fact that it was made out of yarn was a huge turn off for me for the game.

I was hoping for a new Yoshi game but with the actual Yoshi and the normal way everything looks without all of the yarn and things. Now saying that just because it's a Yoshi game I'm still very interested and would get it. I just wish it was normal instead of yarny and such.

Thread starter #16
I DID see that there are some things Yoshi eats in this game that change him from a 2D Yarn-frame, into the FULLY "knitted" Yoshi, which makes me think this may just be more than a Kirby-reskin.

regardless, as a HUGE Yoshi fan, I'll get it--and probably preorder it the day I get my Wii U

Mason

Verified Member
Same for me about getting it mostly for curiosity, I'm just not sure how I'll feel about it being in yarn form instead of the classic look. I guess the look wouldn't affect the gameplay too much but it is a huge part of a game to me.

Thread starter #18
there could be perks to being made of yarn. just like how there is to being PAPER in the Paper Mario games

Like Switch Forum!

Advertisements